Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Florida Woman Sues Over Lack of Spanish Ballot

Another one looking for a big fat payday in the Lawsuit Lottery

But it's GREAT to see that there is beginning to be a fight back when it comes to these suits. It's about time!!

This probably has more to do with the fact that this woman just didn't understand the complexities of what she was reading and wouldn't have understood it any better in Spanish than she understood it in English.

That is, if there were any REAL difficulties that she had in the first place and that's even questionable at this point.

I hope the County Attorney makes her look like the money hungry fool that she is
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What do you bet that this woman did not go to PRLDEF, but they came to her?[/quote]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by wmarincic
    Puerto Rico has commonwealth status today (199.
    If Peurto Rico has reached "commonwealth" status, then they are a republic like the rest of the 50 states, but only lack entry into the Union. But with becoming a commonwealth, I'm not sure if that ends their status as a "territory" or not, or if inclusion into the Union is the next requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    What do you bet that this woman did not go to PRLDEF, but they came to her?
    [/quote]

But how would they know about her?

Could it be that she was part of a premeditated set up?

LEARN ENGLISH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wmarincic
    Puerto Rico has commonwealth status today (199. This status has the following characteristics:
    Puerto Ricans are citizens of the United States and can travel freely within U.S. territory.
    Puerto Rico has its own constitution. The Puerto Rican government has control over most domestic affairs, but not foreign affairs. The United States regulates Puerto Rico's contact with other countries.
    Puerto Ricans living in Puerto Rico cannot vote for the president of the United States.
    If the draft were reinstated, Puerto Ricans could be drafted into the U.S. military.
    Puerto Rico sends one nonvoting representative to the U.S. Congress.
    The Puerto Rican governor and the members of the Puerto Rican House and Senate are elected by popular vote.
    The United States can control the use of the Puerto Rican National Guard.
    U.S. environmental laws apply to Puerto Rico. However, they are not enforced as strictly in Puerto Rico as they are in the United States.
    The United States controls Puerto Rico's postal and immigration regulations.
    Puerto Ricans do not pay federal taxes, although they do pay taxes to the commonwealth government.
    The United States provides for Puerto Rico's defense.
    The U.S. military uses Puerto Rico as a base in the Caribbean and as a military testing site for weapons.
    http://www.cosmos.ne.jp/~miyagawa/nagoc ... story.html
    Thank you wmarincic. So, if they live IN the U.S. they can vote. This is all so confusing. Why dont these people just learn English?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The law should change. If you can't read, write and speak English, then you should be responsible for yourself and bring your own interpreter.

The only reason election offices provide language assistance is because they can not be certain people are not preying on non-English speakers and manipulating them to vote certain ways. Providing interpreters and printing things in other languages was a way of protecting them but if they continue to nit-pick, bitch and file lawsuits, then take it away and they can bring their own interpreter.

Dixie

If I'm not mistaken, English is a required class in PR. I don't think I've ever met a puerto rican who can't speak English. This woman has some serious issues if she doesn't read English.
    "

Were I a legal resident of Puerto Rico and eligible to vote though having limited Spanish skills, would I be able to sue because there was no ballot in English?

For me, the question is WHY DA HECK DID SHE COME SO UNPREPARED TO THE BALLOT BOOTH???

All of us study the issues BEFORE we cast a vote, so we don't HOG a booth. It is just common courtesy and respect for others. Well, maybe that is the problem: she came unprepared and ready to spend 1 hour in one booth, to the chagrin of other voters. What a piece she is, especially in a presidential election year when more voters come out to vote.

Actually, now that I think of it, she came EXPECTING Spanish-language ballots. Hello! This is the USA, where English is the predominant language. If you expected there to be Spanish ballots, then you are an arrogant visitor. Decent people would've checked first.

She is just being used as a pawn by the PRLDF. I say if she is the ONLY complainer, then throw that lawsuit out! We should not change our laws or spend millions of dollars to be PC for ONE IDIOT. That is not right; that is not fair.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12