Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

As Ford Downsizes Its Workforce, Bush Plans to Downsize Work

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060124/dctu075.html?.v=20

FAIR: As Ford Downsizes Its Workforce, Bush Plans to Downsize Work
    Tuesday January 24, 5:27 pm ET

WASHINGTON, Jan. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- The American worker is caught between outsourcing jobs and importing foreign workers, and no one in Washington is standing up for them. As 55,000 Ford workers join 50,000 General Motors workers facing the prospect of finding new jobs, the Bush administration is pushing a new foreign guestworker plan to import workers, the Democrat leadership is pursuing increased immigration, and organized labor is disintegrating, with a growing number of unions focused on organizing immigrant workers rather than defending American jobs.

Here are some sobering facts to consider as President Bush gears up for an all-out effort to increase the number of foreign guest workers admitted to this country:

* According to the government, there are about 7.4 million unemployed
    Americans, who will soon be joined by about 55,000 former auto workers.

* These official unemployment statistics do not reflect the full picture.
    Millions more American workers have dropped out of the labor force
    entirely, or are working at jobs that pay a fraction of what they used
    to make.

* Every net new job created by the U.S. economy since 2000 has been filled
    by a newly arriving immigrant, and about half of those by illegal
    immigrants. Thus, the modest job growth over the past five years has not
    benefited American workers.

* While the jobs being cut in the latest round of layoffs by the auto
    companies paid as much as $30 an hour, the new jobs are being taken by
    illegal worker earning about $300 a week.

* The percentage of full-time workers enjoying employer-provided health
    insurance is steadily falling.

"The image of an industry that practically invented the middle class worker is crumbling before our eyes, while the president puts out a 'Help Wanted' ad for millions of low wage workers," observed Dan Stein, president of FAIR. "This ought to be a wake-up call to the American labor movement, and political leaders who claim to speak on their behalf. We are rapidly approaching the point of no return for the middle class in America, as we export high wage jobs and import low wage workers," said Stein.

"While the American worker agonizes over where the next paycheck will come from, and whether it will support a family, the administration and the Senate try to pass new laws to increase the giveaway of American jobs to foreign workers," observed Dan Stein, president of FAIR. "The irrelevance of the American labor movement will be permanently fixed in the mind of American workers if it fails to act in defense of American jobs for American workers. The breakaway unions that are focused on organizing immigrant workers, most of them illegal entrants, are not only destroying the union movement, they are selling out American workers."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's selling out more than the American Worker.

It's selling out America.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This proves that Bush is evil and hates America. It's only a matter of time before there are no high paying jobs left and our economy tanks. No doubt that Jorge Bush is the worst president ever.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It is not just George Bush that is selling out America, it congress that keeps expanding the H1B visa program that allows foreign workers to replace American college graduates with cheap labor from India and other third world countries.

Remember they are the ones voting on selling America down the river to a one world government or new world order ala CAFTA, NAFTA, and the coming FTAA treaty.

They are systematically destroying the middle class while we watch America is becoming a third world country.

They are equalizing wages in America with wages paid in third world countries step by step.

The Congress and the Senate are nothing more than traitors to the American people.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

It is not just George Bush that is selling out America, it congress that keeps expanding the H1B visa program that allows foreign workers to replace American college graduates with cheap labor from India and other third world countries.
    And they all get their marching orders from this globalist moron wackjob in the White House who's cronies twist arms and make political threats 24/7 until they get their way. Like I said in another thread, Bush is like a third grader on crack. He makes the most irrational decisions based on faulty logic and when he doesn't get his way he rants and raves like a lunatic and talks down to anyone who doesn't agree with his twisted logic. He truly thinks he's above the people and this country. IMPEACHMENT OF THIS TRAITOR AND HIS CRONIES IS THE ONLY ANSWER. Then hand out the pink slips in November to anyone who even dared to give one iota of support to this nut case.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Right On!! You got it, nailed it right on the head.

It's called "competitiveness".

Dumb ya down, Poor ya down.

That is "competitiveness"

Then work your butts off for nothing and in case you want to use your freedom and democracy to fight it? Whoa Hoss, "terrorist alert" and march ya right off to the Detainee Gulag...how? Why, the Patriot Act of course.

Oooh, they're ready. They've been working on this for a long time and it will all be in place long before 2009.

We have to Impeach these Traitors N O W!!

Call your Representatives and Senators and tell them you want HB 635 (legislation to start impeachment investigation proceedings) amended to included Cheney and expedited.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From Lou last night:

DOBBS: Ford this week announced its shutting down 14 North America plants, laying off as many as 30,000 more of its workers. But Labor Secretary Elaine Chao doesn't seem bothered about it all.

Secretary Chao is now in Davos, Switzerland, attending the World Economic Forum, where she said there are plenty of jobs for laid-off Ford workers to move into. The Labor secretary says the only thing U.S. workers are suffering from is "a skills gap."

Secretary Chao said, "While these jobs may be going away, there are new jobs that are being created. And therefore, the retraining and training of new workers coming into the workforce is of paramount importance."

You know, I've heard all of this talk about a so-called skills gap in this country, principally from Labor Secretary Chao, the Bush administration, and corporate CEOs. But in point of fact, this country has the most highly skilled workforce on earth. And U.S. manufacturers who complain of a skills gap in nearly every instance are simply using code words for an opportunity to look for cheap labor, to cut wages and benefits, to outsource jobs, and to hire more of that cheap foreign labor.

That brings us to our poll question tonight.

Who do you believe is demonstrating the greatest skills gap, American labor or the Labor secretary? Cast your vote at loudobbs.com. We'll have the results later here in the broadcast.

Results of the poll:

Who do you believe demonstrates the greater skills gap?

American labor 8% 523 votes

Labor secretary 92% 5733 votes
    Total: 6256 votes
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The only gap I see is the one in Secretary Chao skull where normally a brain would reside.

Another sobering fact to consider...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060124/dctu075.html?.v=20

FAIR: As Ford Downsizes Its Workforce, Bush Plans to Downsize Work
    Tuesday January 24, 5:27 pm ET

* These official unemployment statistics do not reflect the full picture.
    Millions more American workers have dropped out of the labor force
    entirely, or are working at jobs that pay a fraction of what they used
    to make.

* Every net new job created by the U.S. economy since 2000 has been filled
    by a newly arriving immigrant, and about half of those by illegal
    immigrants. Thus, the modest job growth over the past five years has not
    benefited American workers.

"While the American worker agonizes over where the next paycheck will come from, and whether it will support a family, the administration and the Senate try to pass new laws to increase the giveaway of American jobs to foreign workers," observed Dan Stein, president of FAIR. "The irrelevance of the American labor movement will be permanently fixed in the mind of American workers if it fails to act in defense of American jobs for American workers. The breakaway unions that are focused on organizing immigrant workers, most of them illegal entrants, are not only destroying the union movement, they are selling out American workers."
    I snipped some of the facts from above. Add this one to your list please.

We aren't just losing jobs to H1B visa holders for jobs "no one else wants". We are losing sole source government contracts to them too. I'm just learning about the affects of H1B visas because of my experience, but the more I learn, the more upsetting it is. I thought I had an isolated event, and when I started researching, I learned this is a nation-wide problem.

I "was" a government contractor. I invented something for the government, and took the plans to have them evaluated for sponsorship. They brought in a large corporation (which I later found out is in the H1B visa database) to evaluate my plans on behalf of the government. After they helped me write the statement of work, and learned what the plans would do, they decided they wanted the contract, not me. They forced the sole source contract into a contractual vehicle. I filed a lawsuit, and that's when I started learning about H1B visa issues.

One day before the government was to get their lawsuit papers, I was asked to meet a government employee in an empty house. There, I learned my company plans were being given to someone from India (who is also in the H1B visa database). I was told if I didn't give them permission to take my plans, then they would award the contract through a backdoor. I told them if they did, I would add the 8(a) company and the government employee as defendants. She said someone higher up than her was pushing for my contract to go to the 8(a) company.

When I wouldn't give in, she held an illegal market survey so she could force the contract to go to this company. I got a call from an SBA employee who told me who was involved in this, which was located in the Small Business Office of the Air Force. Why on earth is this happening?

I filed a protest with the GAO, against the company from India. I got a call from the H1B visa holder who offered me a huge bribe to drop the protest. I reported the bribe to the GAO, SBA, OSI, FBI, and the IG offices. Nothing was done. In fact, some of them told me it was a civil case that had to be filed in court and they couldn't help.

I'm headed to the Court of Federal Claims, but I'm shocked that this even has to be done. Why is it that no one will listen to Americans when it comes to us losing our jobs to foreigners, and what is happening to America?

I'm beyond agonizing where my next paycheck is going to come from. I'm blacklisted from contracting, and people are being told if they associate with me, they too will lose their contracts. I lost my mentor company because he said he can't afford to lose his contracts.

The guy from India called me and asked me to train him and his staff because he didn't know how to implement my plans!!!!! I told him how dare he recieve stolen plans, then call me to ask him to train him.

When I tried to add this company as defendants on the first case in the US District Court, the judge told me he will not allow me to clean up the air force base. He said it is going to get a lot tougher on me (I'm a pro se litigant) He then put a 60 day stay on my case and told me not do anything on the lawsuit, but then lifted the court protective order and helped the defendants go after a multi million dollar contract using the information I had to turn over in discovery. When I cited federal laws that prevented them from going after the contract, he said "I don't understand government contracting". When I filed a motion for him to recuse himself, he dismissed the case and said I have to file in the Court of Federal Claims, so that's where I'm going next.

My case will involve the H1B visa issues, but I had no idea this was so wide spread. Here's something interesting too. One of the defendants (a very large corporation who teamed with the other defendant, the 8(a) company from India) has more than 63 complaints against them. Apparently, Americans trained H1B visa holders in IT jobs, only for the company to replace the Americans with the ones they trained from India.

Dare I ask why H1B visa holders are taking our contracts and jobs? I had a very VERY nice contract coming to me that would have employed over 100 Americans. The Small Business Office told me they know my company plans were leaked and I will probably get paid by the government for copyright, but they wanted the contract to go 8(a) to this company from India. Why?

Who can even think about a paycheck any more? I'm so numb from what's going on that I am trying to survive as an Amerian, in my own country, but not making it at al. I feel sorry for the auto people who are going to lose their jobs. My heart goes out to them. I lost my home, my land, my offices and my company. I was living in my car, but now my car is broke down. Litigation is expensive and the defendants know it. I'm staying with family right now, but going to fight in court the best I can.

I asked our senators and congressmen for help. Fat chance. One of their staff members told me they rely on the defendants to raise funding for them. They refused my complaint. Who's side is Congress on anyway?

This is so maddening.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Welcome to Alipac Cessna. Great post, or I should say sad story. That's disgusting to see you have to go through all of that and it appears no one cares.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast