Former Reagan Official: I Endorse Kelly Ward, A New Kind Of America-First Conservative

Posted By Bay Buchanan On 3:18 PM 08/29/2016

I am enthusiastically endorsing Kelli Ward for U.S. Senate over John McCain. Arizonans, as well as all Americans need fresh conservative voices who are not beholden to the corporate globalist interests that dominate the establishment of both parties.

Kelli Ward is part of a new breed of America-First conservatives. Her platform calls for bringing our troops home from overseas so that they can protect our borders instead engage in futile nation building. She opposes amnesty and supports securing the border to protect American jobs and the safety of America’s cities. She will stand up against Obamatrade and had a strong and consistent pro-life and pro-Second Amendment record in the state legislature.

In contrast to Ward’s bold America-First conservatism, John McCain represents the failed corporate globalist agenda of the old establishment. Arizona is on the front lines of our immigration disaster. Yet rather than protect his own citizens, McCain sides with the GOP donors, promoting amnesty and cheap foreign labor throughout his career.

John McCain also sides with the corporate interests on trade. He supports NAFTA and Obamatrade, saying Americans “cannot build walls to foreign competition, and why should we want to.” McCain sided with Clinton and Obama disastrous decisions to arm Islamic Radicals in Syria and Libya, which helped fuel the rise of ISIS.

McCain calls himself a conservative, but has sold out grassroots conservatives on a host of issues from gun control to defunding Obamacare. The Arizona Republican Party even formally censured him for supporting “disastrous and harmful” liberal policies.

Worst of all, John McCain repeatedly flip flops away from his unpopular stands every time he runs for office. I saw it in 2007 and 2008 when I was campaigning for Tom Tancredo and Mitt Romney for President, John McCain completely abandoned his past support for amnesty and ran saying he would Secure the Border First As soon has he won the nomination, he was back to supporting amnesty. In 2010, I campaigned for JD Hayworth and McCain again abandoned amnesty, walking across the border saying he wants to “complete the danged fence.” Then in 2013, he lead the charge for amnesty again.

Despite McCain and other establishment Republicans’ betrayal, the American people stood up to the corporate interests and blocked his amnesty. Arizonans have the opportunity to stand up against McCain one last time by replacing him with Kelli Ward.

Bay Buchanan is the President of The American Cause. She previously served as U.S. Treasurer under President Reagan and treasurer for his 1980 and 1984 campaigns. She managed Pat Buchanan and Tom Tancredo’s presidential campaigns and also served as a senior advisor to Mitt Romney in 2012. She is the author of Bay and Her Boys, The Unexpected Lessons I Learned as a Single Mom and The Extreme Makeover of Hillary (Rodham) Clinton.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/29/fo...-conservative/