Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The whole Ft. Myers & Cape Coral communities are stunned,outraged and deeply effected by this young officers needless death.

The outpouring of monetary support for his widow and children is incredible with over a $100,000 dollars already donated and more on the way.

My hope is this tragedy will bring about change to our Sanctuary City attitude toward IA's.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

what else can I say.... "cuban adjustment act"

I grieve for the whole family of this fallen officer, but not for his fellow officers. I have said before local police should be screaming to high heaven for the immigration laws to be enforced. We all know if this scumbag had not been killed, he would NEVER face the death penalty like an American would.
    I don't see how police officers can even write a traffic ticket in good faith. I wouldn't be able to accept selectively enforcing the law, while turning a blind eye to the fact that my life is worth far less than that of a criminal illegal alien...

Click below to watch video of each of the speakers at the funeral, view part of the procession and listen to the final radio call for Officer Andrew Widman.

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readartic ... =20574&z=3

Final goodbye to fallen officer

Originally posted on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 by NBC2 News

Last updated on: 7/23/2008 6:21:12 PM

FORT MYERS: Thousands attended a funeral service for Officer Andrew Widman at McGregor Baptist Church in Fort Myers Wednesday morning.

Widman was shot and killed by a convicted felon on Friday while on a domestic disturbance call in downtown Fort Myers.

Outside the church were hundreds of patrol vehicles, several fire engines and other emergency responders paying their respects to Officer Widman.

Inside a sea of black Fort Myers Police uniforms filled the pews, along with family members and other members of law enforcement from throughout Southwest Florida and across the state.

Pastor David Fife opened the service at McGregor Baptist Church at 11 a.m. Lieutenant Governor Jeff Kottkamp followed after the attendees sang Widman’s favorite Hymnal. [To view video of each speaker, scroll to the video player at the bottom of this page]

"Andy Widman was committed to protecting this community. He did so with professionalism, with valor, and his honor," said Kottkamp.
    The next speaker was Widman’s shift commander, Lieutenant Dennis Eads, who was accompanied by Major Glenn Johnson. Eads shared memories of working with Widman and provided a few of the lighter moments in the service.

He also expressed the loss the entire department felt when Widman was killed.

"He was a delightful young man, he touched us all and will be missed," he said.

The next speaker was Reverend Joe Hillrich, who married Andrew Widman’s sister.

Major David Rickards, Susanna Widman’s brother, spoke after Hillrich. He thanked all of the officers who attended the service.

"Thank you to the men and women in blue who are gathered here today," said Rickards. "You know what it means to raise your right hand and swear to support and defend something that's bigger than you."

The final speaker was the most moving of all, Susanna Widman, widow of Officer Widman.

She talked of how when she met Widman, she did not fit in his ten year plan, yet they couldn’t help but fall in love.

"We simply and completely fell in love," said Susanna.
    Although he dreamed of being a missionary, she said he wanted his family more.

"Andy looked at me and said I just want you and my kids and that's going to be my ministry," said Susanna.

She said her husband had found his new passion, being an officer for the Fort Myers Police.

"I want to thank the Fort Myers Police Department for training Andy well - and really recognizing his potential," she said.

She said they were happy - until July 18th happened.

"We had been really happy this year. Just incredibly happy," said Susanna.

After the service ended, the funeral procession took an hour to travel the three miles to Fort Myers Memorial Gardens.

Widman was then laid to rest during a traditional ceremony complete with color guard, 21 gun salute and a flyover with missing man formation.
    The services ended with the final radio call for Officer Andrew Widman. [Included in video list below]

Click below to watch video of each of the speakers at the funeral, view part of the procession and listen to the final radio call for Officer Andrew Widman.

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readartic ... =20574&z=3

If nothing else listen to the final radio call for Officer Andrew Widman if you can
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

SO VERY SAD

Do you think our state and federal governments are listening to the news?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is heart breaking. I pray for Officer Widman's entire family.

ANOTHER TRAGEDY. TO THE TRAITORS OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE: How many murders are going to occur before you idots finally take action?!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MORE BLOOD ON BUSH'S HANDS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12