Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Frustration of undocumented immigrants grows as US courts cancel hearings

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Frustration of undocumented immigrants grows as US courts cancel hearings

The Central Americans must work even cheaper than the Mexicans, hey seem to be the preferred flavor of illegal this year....

What are illegal foreign nationals doing having demonstrations in our streets for favors and funds that they are not entitled to? they need to go to their respective home country and demonstrate in the streets.

The National Campaign for Dignity and Respect? They don't respect the US citizens that pay their freight for all their kids with the drugs, crime and disease. that they drag with them. No respect for the people that they steal from as they come here and become a financial burden on the society.

In the picture, I see her dragging her anchor baby meal ticket by the hand.

Published February 07, 2015EFE

• NEW YORK, NY - OCTOBER 05: Raquel Guzman from Mexico takes part in an immigration reform march across the Brooklyn bridge on October 5, 2013 in New York City. Immigration groups marched in 100 cities to demand action on immigration reform as part of the National Campaign for Dignity and Respect. (Photo by Kena Betancur/Getty Images) (2013 GETTY IMAGES)

LOS ANGELES – The priority given by the Justice Department to children of Central American families who entered the U.S. in 2014 has meant that the hearings of almost 500,000 undocumented immigrants have been suspended indefinitely, as occurred with Ricardo Pérez Luna, whose day in the Los Angeles Immigration Court was canceled.

"It's been a long wait. It's not fair that after all this effort, and I was finally on the point of getting my residence permit, they don't even tell me when I'll get to see the judge," Pérez, a native of Oaxaca, Mexico, told Efe.

The immigrant had a hearing scheduled for Jan. 28, the date when the judge was to award him his permanent residence, but his hopes vanished when he was notified that his hearing was canceled, as has happened to thousands of undocumented immigrants in recent days.

"The saddest thing is that there's no date, I don't know if it's going to be months, a year, two...we don't know what's going to happen," a frustrated Pérez said.

For Fernando Romo, the attorney representing Pérez, this case is a perfect example of the damage caused by congestion in the nation's 230 immigration courts.

"It was a mere formality - my client had complied with all the requisites and only needed the judge's approval. Ten minutes, that's all we needed," he said.

Pérez entered the United States without papers in 2002, and, after investing more than $22,000 in representation and processing fees, the Mexican hoped to get his residence permit at last, but now he could be left waiting until the year 2019.
    "Thousands of people are affected, not only those who were about to obtain their residence permit, but also those whose cases were still up in the air. They could even lose their eligibility," Romo said.

Maria Angela Caceres applied for the cancellation of her deportation order so she could take care of her son, who suffers from a congenital disorder, and had a hearing set for Feb. 17, but that too was canceled this week.

"God gave me two children - the eldest, a girl, whom I brought with me from Mexico, and my little boy, who depends on me for everything. I'm asking the judge to let me stay with my son and daughter because it would not be right to separate us," Caceres said.

In California alone there are more than 85,000 people waiting for hearings by an immigration judge, of whom more than 50,000 are in Los Angeles. After California, Texas has 70,099 cases pending, New York has 58,818, Florida 21,862 and New Jersey 19,828.

The wait for a hearing in the Los Angeles Immigration Court takes almost 800 days, though in courts like those in Otay Mesa, near the U.S.-Mexico border, immigrants have had to wait as long as 6,056 days.
    http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...ncel-hearings/http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...ncel-hearings/
    Last edited by Newmexican; 02-08-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    The Central Americans must work even cheaper than the Mexicans, hey seem to be the preferred flavor of illegal this year....

What are illegal foreign nationals doing having demonstrations in our streets for favors and funds that they are not entitled to? they need to go to their respective home country and demonstrate in the streets.

The National Campaign for Dignity and Respect? They don't respect the US citizens that pay their freight for all their kids with the drugs, crime and disease. that they drag with them. No respect for the people that they steal from as they come here and become a financial burden on the society.

In the picture, I see her dragging her anchor baby meal ticket by the hand.

Published February 07, 2015EFE

• NEW YORK, NY - OCTOBER 05: Raquel Guzman from Mexico takes part in an immigration reform march across the Brooklyn bridge on October 5, 2013 in New York City. Immigration groups marched in 100 cities to demand action on immigration reform as part of the National Campaign for Dignity and Respect. (Photo by Kena Betancur/Getty Images) (2013 GETTY IMAGES)

LOS ANGELES – The priority given by the Justice Department to children of Central American families who entered the U.S. in 2014 has meant that the hearings of almost 500,000 undocumented immigrants have been suspended indefinitely, as occurred with Ricardo Pérez Luna, whose day in the Los Angeles Immigration Court was canceled.

"It's been a long wait. It's not fair that after all this effort, and I was finally on the point of getting my residence permit, they don't even tell me when I'll get to see the judge," Pérez, a native of Oaxaca, Mexico, told Efe.

The immigrant had a hearing scheduled for Jan. 28, the date when the judge was to award him his permanent residence, but his hopes vanished when he was notified that his hearing was canceled, as has happened to thousands of undocumented immigrants in recent days.

"The saddest thing is that there's no date, I don't know if it's going to be months, a year, two...we don't know what's going to happen," a frustrated Pérez said.

For Fernando Romo, the attorney representing Pérez, this case is a perfect example of the damage caused by congestion in the nation's 230 immigration courts.

"It was a mere formality - my client had complied with all the requisites and only needed the judge's approval. Ten minutes, that's all we needed," he said.

Pérez entered the United States without papers in 2002, and, after investing more than $22,000 in representation and processing fees, the Mexican hoped to get his residence permit at last, but now he could be left waiting until the year 2019.
    "Thousands of people are affected, not only those who were about to obtain their residence permit, but also those whose cases were still up in the air. They could even lose their eligibility," Romo said.

Maria Angela Caceres applied for the cancellation of her deportation order so she could take care of her son, who suffers from a congenital disorder, and had a hearing set for Feb. 17, but that too was canceled this week.

"God gave me two children - the eldest, a girl, whom I brought with me from Mexico, and my little boy, who depends on me for everything. I'm asking the judge to let me stay with my son and daughter because it would not be right to separate us," Caceres said.

In California alone there are more than 85,000 people waiting for hearings by an immigration judge, of whom more than 50,000 are in Los Angeles. After California, Texas has 70,099 cases pending, New York has 58,818, Florida 21,862 and New Jersey 19,828.

The wait for a hearing in the Los Angeles Immigration Court takes almost 800 days, though in courts like those in Otay Mesa, near the U.S.-Mexico border, immigrants have had to wait as long as 6,056 days.
    http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...ncel-hearings/http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/pol...ncel-hearings/
    WHY WE HAVE MORE OF THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THE USA THEN THEY DO IN MEXICO JUST SHIP THEM ALL THE HELL BACK HOME & THEN I WILL GET MY JOB BACK . JUST SHIP EVERY ONE OF THEM BACK HOME & DON'T FOR GET OBAMA ALSO
    Last edited by Newmexican; 02-08-2015 at 11:30 AM.