Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FTCC Stands Firm

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satel ... %2Fopinion

Sunday, October 14, 2007
    FTCC Stands Firm

Winston-Salem Journal

Give your opinion on this editorial

Cheers to Forsyth Technical Community College for standing firm on its policy of admitting illegal immigrants. In response to a request that it revisit that policy, the school came back with a sound explanation of just why it embraced the policy more than two years ago. If only more institutions would confront the immigration issue so practically and humanely.

The request that the policy be revisited came from a former member of the Ku Klux Klan who is running for the county board of commissioners, the Journal’s Laura Giovanelli recently reported. He was probably trying to drum up votes with his request. Unfortunately, he may have done that.

That guy probably won’t see the wisdom in FTCC’s response. But maybe others will.

A position statement that the policy committee of FTCC’s board approved 3-1 last week says that the school’s policy of admitting “undocumented immigrants … reflected the view of the Board that the College should serve the people of Forsyth and Stokes County, providing the educational access and opportunity needed for people to improve their lives and the lives of their families. A particular concern that was addressed by this policy is the circumstances of individuals who have grown up in this community, have graduated from area high schools, but are undocumented because they have been brought to the United States by their parents in violation of immigration laws.

“ … Also noted is one of the general principles of American law, that children are not held accountable or punished for the acts of their parents.â€

Okay, I made my comment but where do you get to read them? I couldn't find where they are or even a link.

Also noted is one of the general principles of American law, that children are not held accountable or punished for the acts of their parents
    Ah...I hate to let this dumb arse...know that children are punished everyday for the sins of their parents...the mere fact that the parent is in prison or jail ...thus causing a disruption in the child's life is punishment and especially to those children that get sent into the foster care system...that can be hell on earth
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by go4gin
    Okay, I made my comment but where do you get to read them? I couldn't find where they are or even a link.
    If you have given your opinion on the Journal editorial page? Thay will put it on sometime today.

Keep checking back

How do i delete this one. It went on before i was finished

Quote Originally Posted by go4gin

If you have given your opinion on the Journal editorial page? They will put it on sometime today. Make your comment at the following link

Keep checking back

I left a few words. But WHERE are they? They don't have a place to look-up comments.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I left a few words. But WHERE are they? They don't have a place to look-up comments.

Reader's Reaction

Give your opinion on this editorial. Click the link to post your comment.

Posted on 10/14 at 07:19 PM

You have got to be kidding! Illegal immigration is a huge problem and is on it's way to being fixed very soon. Americans have HAD IT, and we are not going to tolerate the "aiding and abetting" of illegal aliens anymore. You can be assured that this issue will not rest, until our lawmakers realize that their constitutional oath is to uphold and ENFORCE our laws.
    firestorm

Posted on 10/14 at 06:44 PM

What a load! You comment that these kids will be able to support themselves upon graduation, seeing as they are not allowed to hold down a job how propose they will do that? By breaking even MORE laws? When you base your entire life on a lie all you can do is keep the lies going... I am ashamed that NC is allowing this. I honestly hope to read that there are MORE ICE raids either being planned or taking place. WE NEED TO TAKE BACK AMERICA!
    go4gin

Posted on 10/14 at 05:31 PM

Say a number of years ago, my parents bought a house.As time went on they found out they could not make the mortgage payments and the bank was to foreclose.Would you feel that the bank should go ahead and give me the house,for I should't be blamed for the mistakes that my parents made? Also not noted is one of the general principles of American law. Illegal is illegal. If you are in the United States illegally(Whether 1 day old or 100 years old.)you are subject to deportation.
    My Thoughts

ALL THESE KIDS HAVE TO DO IS RETURN TO THEIR BIRTH COUNTRY AND APPLY FOR A VISA. THAT WOULD SOLVE THEIR PROBLEM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)