Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GA - Man hopes billboard sparks debate over illegal immigration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GA - Man hopes billboard sparks debate over illegal immigration

Man hopes billboard sparks debate over illegal immigration

Posted: Nov 01, 2012 5:15 PM CDT
    By Portia Bruner, FOX 5 reporter

(impacting videos at source)
    A man whose son was killed and wife disabled in a crash involving an illegal immigrant is using a billboard to put the spotlight on illegal immigration.

Billy Inman had the billboard posted on Bells Ferry Road near Kellogg Creek in hopes of reigniting the debate over illegal immigration reform.

"Republican, Democrat, Libertarian -- everybody, law enforcements, all across the board needs to step up and do this thing instead of kicking it around like a football. There's too many lives at stake here and it's just not right," said Inman.

The billboard shows a picture of the alleged drunk driver involved in the crash that killed Inman's 16-year-old son, Dustin on Father's Day 12 years ago. Authorities said that the man was in the country illegally. He is still wanted by police.

"It's hard knowing that he's still out here and can do it to you or anybody else. I don't blame anybody for wanting to be here, but they need to be here legally," said Billy Inman.

Dustin's mother Kathy was permanently disabled in the crash and hopes everyone, including state lawmakers, will think about the message behind the billboard.

"I sit and cry all the time about it. I really do. It hurts so bad and now I can't hug him and kiss him anymore," said Kathy Inman.

The Inmans took their concerns to the Georgia State Capitol on Thursday for a ceremony honoring other Georgians killed in crashes caused by illegal immigrants.

Cobb County deputy Loren Lilly was killed in 2006 just four months after he got married. His widow still remembers the day two deputies arrived at her door to break the news.

"It's been six years now, but that is the moment in time that my life changed," said Jamie Lilly Mullis.

Those pressing for illegal immigration reform say lawmakers should think about these and other victims and then take action.

source:
    Man hopes billboard sparks debate over illegal immigration - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dustin Inman

My name is Billy Inman, and my life was changed forever in June of 2000.

Gonzalo Harrell-Gonzalez

The man pictured above is the illegal alien who is responsible for the change in my life as I knew it. His irresponsible actions took my son's life, our family pets life, put my wife in a wheel chair, and nearly took my life too. All this happened while sitting at a red light in Ellijay, GA. Read the whole article written in the Cherokee Ledger.

Folks, something needs to be done about this issue of immigration!! I have
    never voted till this happened, and most people I know haven't voted either
    because folks like me take care of our own. We don't ask anything from
    anyone and try to do what the government asks from us by paying taxes.
    They make the laws and we abide by them, but we ALL need to vote in order
    to get good morals back in the USA by letting our voices be heard about
    what we think of the issues at hand. Together we can make changes instead
    of just paying for them.We all know there are millions of immigrants in
    America. Some are good and some are bad, no matter what race, color or
    religion. I do not blame them for wanting to come to America, but they
    need to go through the proper channels to do so.

Latinos make up the majority of today's illegal immigration problem, yet our
    government refuses to take action to prevent this.

These illegal's have learned to obtain illegal social security numbers, although our government does nothing. I can not believe they would allow these
    people to get free health care, education and social security benefits fraudulently when some of us in America can not afford these benefits for our own families (legal citizens).

Something has to be done instead of making excuses and passing the buck. Our law enforcement needs to set an example by enforcing the laws they make instead of making more laws they only plan to use for political reasons or special interests. I want to thank God, family and friends. Without them we could not have made it this far. I wish I could have met some of the people who have helped us through this all, whom we did not know before the accident.

I would like to put out a special thanks to all the sheriffs, FBI and INS agents, congressmen, all the Doctors and all the therapists.

Legal American Folks

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gonzalo Harrell-Gonzalez

Wanted For:

Possible Location(s):

• Mexico
    • Alabama

Latest Airing:

Brother Arrested in Mistaken Identity; Gonzalez Still on the Run

In October 2006 cops thought they had their man and this case was solved. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the fugitive's brother who was in custody, and Harrell-Gonzalez is still on the run. Police are hoping that AMW tipsters will bring justice to a devastated family.

Sex: Male

Race: Hispanic

Current Age: 44

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 150 lbs

Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):

• Black

Eyes:

• Brown

Traits and Habits:

• Shares the exact same name as his father.
    • Has a brother who looks exactly like him.

• Ellijay , GA
    • He was last seen in the hospital he was taken to, after the crash.

Other Possible Locations:

• Mexico
    • Alabama
    • Cops say he is an illegal immigrant and may have returned to his homeland