Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

By not including caucasians, he is saying only minorities are poor and in need. By exclusion, he is saying that whites are superior....not poor, not in need of help. They can fend for themselves. Only minorities need help......that is a racist attitude, personified! The same type of attitude personifed by liberals when they promote affirmative action and entitlement programs. They are saying they are NOT equal and can't compete on equal footing. Isn't that what Gates is saying, that minorities are not equal and can't compete in the open market of scholarships and it wouldn't be fair making them compete with caucasians? Besides, there's no "feel good" factor about giving stuff to anyone other than minorities.

If you are a MINORITY caucasian in states like Ca., you should apply as an European/American.

I don't understand why these grants aren't made available to ALL students who are in a situation where a financial grant might be the only way they can attend a university. How could they think that a straight A white student who qualifies for free lunch doesn't deserve assistance, but a minority student in the same financial situation does? Certainly Mr Gates knows that money is often the ultimate equalizer, so shouldn't we focus on ALL students who are in economic need regardless of ethnicity.

We all know Gates is an IA hugger. He was FOR the SHAMNESTY bill!

He's just another ultra-elite hypocrite.

He went to and graduated from Seattle's Lakeside High School. Hardly, a bastion of the 'average inner-city' population in the Seattle area (it was a hamlet for Seattle's upper-crust, even when he attended 30+ years ago...).

Also, remember - he is a college drop-out. It's really funny to me, to hear such insights from a guy that never even finished his undergraduate degree.

-PhredE
    BSc, MSc.
    [ ]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    He's just another ultra-elite hypocrite.

He went to and graduated from Seattle's Lakeside High School. Hardly, a bastion of the 'average inner-city' population in the Seattle area (it was a hamlet for Seattle's upper-crust, even when he attended 30+ years ago...).

Also, remember - he is a college drop-out. It's really funny to me, to hear such insights from a guy that never even finished his undergraduate degree.

-PhredE
    BSc, MSc.
    [ ]
    Bill Gates is an idiot.
    I was thinking of buying a new computer but I don't want one from China or one with the Vista Operating system I don't want anything to do with Bill Gates.

I have been using this lousy lap-top for three years and it's driving me crazy because the curser is all over the place. Does anyone have an idea what to do to stop that?
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Americanpatriot -

A couple pieces of advice from this long-time but humble PC user...

1. It could just be a dying mouse. See if you can swap in another to test if that's the problem.

2. Double-check for viruses! (Install, scan, + update virus defs!)

3. It could be IRQ conflicts as well. If you've installed new hardware or devices recently this could be the culprit. Uninstalling the most recent thing would be a way to test this as well. "Device Manager" is your friend. Go look at each device to make sure everything is working ok.

4. Other suggestions to speed things up, and smooth them out -

a). Clean up your registry - very important for older machines and especially important if you've installed and un-installed many apps.
    Here's one tool you can use on a limited-basis (purchase cost I believe is $29 - but worth it IMHO) http://www.registry-repair-software.com/

b). Defrag that hard drive - yes, the usual Windows File System defrag is good, but doing EVERYTHING makes an even bigger difference (MFT, swap files, + regular file / directories as well). Here's another excellent one:
    (30-day limited duration full-function version available):
    http://www.perfectdisk.com/

Again, use / follow through at your own discretion. I have had great experiences with both of these. Computer is running better than it did brand-spanking new.

Oh yeah - try to avoid a new machine with Vista (assuming your doing the PC [eg. 'WinTel'] thing). Macs, a Linux box will get you away from Windows , but then you have to be prepared to deal with a new O/S and all that entails...

HTH
    PhredE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Phred" you never cease to amaze me, if only I had 1/10 of your knowledge I would be sooooooo happy. You both lost me in the first paragraph....hate to admit how PC dumb I am but then does it really matter computers came late in life, geeeez I was still on the manual type writer, you know the one before electric, quite a change up grading to a PC When I hear some of you guys go on about computers it truely impresses me, and makes me a little envious.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

PhredE,

Thank you! I will try all those and hopefully I can avoid a new computer and cost. I have been dealing with this for a long time and never wanted to ask for help or advise. Thanks very much for your help.

Sorry for the delay in getting back here ... (busy, busy...)

SOSAD: Thanks!

Americanpatriot - Ubetcha - And, let me add..

to the above post I should have mentioned Spyware in #2 (in addition to viruses) and, if I had to guess, I'd hedge my bets in guessing that doing the #4a in the above is most likely to best address your problem (based on personal experience and having done through my own PC/cleaning project).

Let me know how it all turns out...

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Sorry for the delay in getting back here ... (busy, busy...)

SOSAD: Thanks!

Americanpatriot - Ubetcha - And, let me add..

to the above post I should have mentioned Spyware in #2 (in addition to viruses) and, if I had to guess, I'd hedge my bets in guessing that doing the #4a in the above is most likely to best address your problem (based on personal experience and having done through my own PC/cleaning project).

Let me know how it all turns out...
    Thank you again. I'm also getting a message that the computer has low memory. So, between the curser all over the place and screen going up and down like a yo-yo when I am trying to type, it's a slow process and I have been tempted to toss this thing out the window.

I will try everything you mentioned, plus someone told me I could get more memory , . In the mean time I'm plugging along like a tortise.

I really appreciate your help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast