Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Georgia agriculture commissioner to testify about farm labor

Georgia agriculture commissioner to testify about farm labor on Capitol Hill

ajc.com
    By Jeremy Redmon
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    5:40 p.m. Monday, October 3, 2011

Georgia’s agriculture commissioner and a South Georgia blueberry farmer are scheduled to testify Tuesday at a congressional hearing on farm labor shortages, state immigration laws and guest-worker programs.

The Democratic-led Senate Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security has billed the 10 a.m. hearing as a discussion of “America’s Agriculture Labor Crisis: Enacting a Practical Solution.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I remember that issue. $11.00 for picking fruit. I wonder if there are any videos of his business denying American workers employment at his business? It is soo difficult, and un-nerving to know whether Americans are too ashamed to work in the fields, or the fields are too hostile towards Americans.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

But the Center for American Progress -- a liberal policy group in Washington that opposes Georgia’s immigration law -- is preparing to release a study Tuesday that says the state's farming industry would lose nearly $800 million annually if it were to replace all its handpicked crops with mechanically harvested crops to avoid problems associated with finding laborers.
    What a crock a shit! So theyare saying it is cheaper to hire slave labor anf that is what it is,nothing less.

Another thing these intelligent beings are missing is that many of these illegals are not wanting to do picking of crops anymore and moving on to other types jobs that pay better. And besides that why do they have to be illegals? They used to get work visas before. Now they feel they have the right without doing it the legal way and our politicians are allowing it.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou