Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gheen: Lawmakers support giving illegal immigrants tuition

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines ... 00&SecID=2

News14

Undocumented immigrants could get in-state tuition at North Carolina universities and community colleges.

That's the idea behind a new bill in the state House.

More than 30 lawmakers from both parties back the bill.

It's also drawing support from former Governor Jim Hunt.

Supporters said the bill would help more qualified students afford higher education.

"This state has become my home,� Jaime Zea, a Latino student, said. “I have big dreams to study and go to college and make my parents, my teachers and my mentors proud."

"They would still not be able to get any public funding, no loans, no grants,� Andrea Bazan Manson of El Pueblo explained. “They would still have to raise that money privately or from their parents. But it would make it more affordable to them."

But critics said there's no reason for taxpayers to foot the bill when illegal immigrants want to attend college.

"This bill asks the taxpayers to subsidize illegal aliens going to college to replace thousands of our legal citizens," Bill Gheen of Americans for Legal Immigration added.

Supporters introduced the bill Tuesday. It would need support from the state House and Senate to become law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William,
    is it possible to list those who support this bill here. Then we Tarheels can not only email them and let them know we area against it. But we can work very, very hard to have those supports voted out come election.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

we are setting something like that up now COI.

More info to come soon on the Battle for NC.

W

Thanks.

I did my best today gang. I almost got ejected from the press conference because I tried to ask the first question and the pro-illegals started growling "He's Not Press!"

I just wanted to ask "What would you like to say to the thousands of North Carolinians that Won't be going to college if you pass this bill?"

Later one of the members of El Pueblo asked me to respect their press conferences and not to engage in "terrorist" tactics.

I said, "I don't know what people in your country of origin consider terrorism...but asking a question at a press conference does not qualify as terrorism in the US!"

W

Again, as we spoke of last night, any help I can provide, I will. We have held the "hounds of hades" off for at least a year here in NE over the "same" bill (the bill was not killed, so it can be brought back next year). Whatever I can do, I will.

This is nothing but terrible legislation.

H.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I did my best today gang. I almost got ejected from the press conference because I tried to ask the first question and the pro-illegals started growling "He's Not Press!"

I just wanted to ask "What would you like to say to the thousands of North Carolinians that Won't be going to college if you pass this bill?"

Later one of the members of El Pueblo asked me to respect their press conferences and not to engage in "terrorist" tactics.

I said, "I don't know what people in your country of origin consider terrorism...but asking a question at a press conference does not qualify as terrorism in the US!"

W

Be SURE to ask "Why are we wasting tax payer's money like this, since it is illegal for a business to hire these tax payor funded educated adult illegal aliens". The whole issue "should" be a moot point, but many pollies just cant let that slip by thier overly strong craniums. The above question will kill several talking points they will use: The "poor" innocent children (we are talking about ADULTS), that there is no tax impact (BSBSBS) and that this will only help to give them a better chance to "advance" (they are STILL illegal, and not elligible to be hired legally).

H.

Another appease incentive for invasion

The crying goes on that is a result of illegal Aliens own fault of illegally invading the U.S. and N.C. It is "nerve wrackng and a living hell" for illegal Aliens (including their illegal children, which by the way ruin the quality of American children education by overcrowding and bilingual ed. in middle,high schools) because it is of their own criminal actions which have made them illegal.

The overall principal.....learn the lesson.....don't enter the U.S. illegally. No---Americans should not make it OK and comfortable for illegal Aliens so they can do more of the same invading. Nope... these kids should pile up in the restaurant jobs they should not have either.

To say that just because illegal Aliens are here now, should not be that a law is made for future illegal invasion.

To say that, 1st illegal Aliens violate U.S. Laws and Borders and so then just because their illegal bodies exist here there is nothing else to do but to give in and reward them ....is the whole idea of the blackmail agenda of illegal Alien occupation.

Just because the Parents are illegal and the child was unknowingly innocent does not justify the action of COST and ABUSE of Americans because life is unfair and in many life instances and all Parent - child relationships, the child has to bear a cost of an unwise decision by a Parent.

We should bring to note to Mr. Barnhart, that it is in fact written in Federal Law that if in-state tuition is given to illegal Aliens then in-state tuition must be given to ALL out-of state Students which will be a non-worthwhile big cost to Universities. This exact situation is cuurently occurring in Kansas where out-of-state Students have filed lawsuit due to the illegal Alien tuition garbage.

Bringing back common sense

I think the best way to remedy the situation is to target the constitutents of the proponents of this bill. It's time that the people know the unpatriotic acts of their representatives, and form a grassroots movement to uproot them from office. It is such a shame that politicians would be crooked enough to blatently go against the wishes of their own people. I'd be willing to bet that not one decent hard working North Carolinan would support tuition kickbacks or drivers licenses for illegals.

And regarding the employers who hire them, if I had my way for each illegal that is working for their establishment, they would be fined $30,000.

Welcome Paleo.

That is an excellent idea.

Husker and COI I appreciate the support. This is going to be a tough fight.

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast