Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Gingrich slams immigration plans

http://washingtontimes.com/national/200 ... -2637r.htm

Gingrich slams immigration plans
    By Eric Pfeiffer
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Published April 27, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich yesterday said the government's failure to enforce immigration laws resembles its handling of Hurricane Katrina, and described current reform proposals in Congress as a "con."

Mr. Gingrich said he sympathizes with illegal aliens participating in protests and placed blame for the illegal immigration problem on businesses and the federal government.

"I do not blame someone who leaves poverty to seek prosperity," Mr. Gingrich said during a speech at the American Enterprise Institute. "They showed up here to work under a social contract and then [the government] tried to change the terms.

"We need to quit lying about who is hiring illegals -- it's Americans," said the Georgia Republican who is considered a potential presidential candidate in 2008.

Mr. Gingrich's own immigration reform plan, "Ending the Dishonesty: The Way Forward on Border Control and Patriotic Immigration," calls first for gaining control of America's borders, followed by a worker-visa program.

Mr. Gingrich said private companies such as American Express should run the worker-visa program. Worker cards would include a biometric identification system and require immigrant workers to pay taxes.

"There's zero reason to believe the federal government can run this program," Mr. Gingrich said.

In addition, Mr. Gingrich said a worker-visa program would allow prospective citizens currently obeying immigration laws to come to America immediately.

Mr. Gingrich said he favors the deployment of security fences at points of high traffic flow along the U.S.-Mexico border supplemented by electronic security and surveillance at areas of lower traffic flow.

In the past two weeks, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, New York Democrat and potential presidential candidate in 2008, and Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean have called for increased border security.

Mr. Gingrich conceded he previously fell prey to amnesty compromises during his time in Congress. "I voted for the '86 bill," Mr. Gingrich said. "It sounded fantastic."

The House last year passed an immigration enforcement bill that calls for nearly 700 miles of new fences on the U.S.-Mexico border and requires employers to check Social Security numbers to ensure employees are legal workers.

The Senate is heading in a different direction, with leaders saying they have a general agreement on a broader bill that would create a program for future foreign workers and would legalize many current illegal aliens, offering them a path to citizenship.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

IL: "The Most Corrupt State in The Country outside of Mexico"
    "worker-visa program."

I'm glad this idiot is out of office. This is just another scam for amnesty.

Don't buy into worker visa crap. This is what got us into trouble in the first place.
    "IMPEACH JORGE BUSH NOW!!"

Worker-visa or Guest-Worker, its Amnesty in sheep's clothing.

Nice try, Newt.

Quote Originally Posted by Federali
    "worker-visa program."

I'm glad this idiot is out of office. This is just another scam for amnesty.

Don't buy into worker visa crap. This is what got us into trouble in the first place.
    Me too! Meaning I'm glad this idiot Gingritch is out of office. Just whose side is he on; he seems to speak in forked tongues? Just wish two other politicians listed in the article were also out of office. That would be HillBilly and Dean.

After reading this article, I believe none of these three represent American citizens. I already knew this about HillBilly and Dean but wasn't aware about the other bozo.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Give it up Newt, you can call it whatever you want, but hear this, WE DON'T WANT IT!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

IL: "The Most Corrupt State in The Country outside of Mexico"
    These crooks just don't get it. They do not get what people want.

This Big Business Republican mentality is like a disease or something.

They can't stop themselves.

They exploit these poor people and then try to pass the cost onto us like we're too stupid or something.

"IMPEACH JORGE BUSH NOW!!"