Thread: Glass casas

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Glass casas

September 6, 2007
    BY ESTHER J. CEPEDA Sun-Times Columnist

In a Sunday speech, Mexico's President Felipe Calderon ripped the United States for cracking down on illegal immigrants.
    "The insensitivity shown toward those who have contributed to the economy and the United States' society has been an inducement to redouble the struggle to recognize the enormous contribution to the economies of both countries and to defend their rights."

That "enormous contribution" he mentioned is an estimated 400,000 people exported from poverty to the United States who in turn send cash -- $23 billion in 2006, according to Mexico's central bank. The figure has recently declined due to the crackdown on illegal immigrants -- to Mexico.

Also compare that U.S. "insensitivity" shown toward Mexican illegal immigrants with the well-documented rape, murder, theft and brutality migrants routinely suffer at its 600-mile border with Guatemala. Sorta makes that Hutto Detention Center in Taylor, Texas, where illegal immigrant families are housed, fed, given medical treatment and schooling before deportation look like Disneyland, if you ask me.

Hey, I'm not hatin', but here's a piece of Americana for El Prez: People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Pregunta del DiaCepeda fanatico Paul and many others often ask me why immigrants don't bother to learn English: "I know a person who immigrated [legally] to the U.S., he was speaking fluent English within nine months ... when will we all wake up and smell the coffee???"

It's too easy not to, Paul. Spanish language media are turning the American melting pot into a chunky stew.

Ad spending on Spanish-language networks and cable television has grown from approximately $1.8 billion in 2001 to more than $3.05 billion in 2006, according to Nielsen Media Research. Spanish-language broadcast networks pull in a combined average prime time audience of 4.1 million Hispanic viewers.

Most older immigrants will tell you they learned English from the TV and newspapers. Heck, I didn't speak any English until I hit kindergarten, but my grandma kept me on a steady diet of "Sesame Street," harness racing and "Kung Fu," so I did all right.

It's ironic that American TV shows have spread our best and worst across the globe, but Spanish language media are keeping untold numbers of immigrants and their kids from learning our language and culture because it's far easier to relax at the end of the day with a Spanish soap opera or newscast.

Too bad there's nothing to be done about it -- ad revenues and purchasing power trump national interest every time.

There's always the "Fairness Doctrine" that could be used to cut back on Spanish radio and television, like those who tried to use it against talk radio. Turn about is fair play.

In a Sunday speech, Mexico's President Felipe Calderon ripped the United States for cracking down on illegal immigrants.
    "The insensitivity shown toward those who have contributed to the economy and the United States' society has been an inducement to redouble the struggle to recognize the enormous contribution to the economies of both countries and to defend their rights."
    What enormous contribution, Calderon? They haven't invented anything. Most of the illegal aliens you send north are too stupid for something like that. No, the only contribution I can see that the illegals have made is one of lawlessness. Your people are like that simply because of the corruption and greed of your nation. Until you can correct that and help the people of Mexico, of YOUR nation Mr. President, become more affluent, educated and prosperous, they will remain the lawless thugs that these illegal aliens are. As long as they remain like that they will never have anything positive to contribute to anyone or anything. Stand up to the rich in your country and lead like a President should. Until then, your just blowing hot air and no one will listen to you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SO true, Rockfish. What a pathetic leader this man is. Don't know how to handle your poor? Just send them off to another country for them to figure it out, and act like a pompous ass on top of it.

Slimeball.

Here is the link to the above article:
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/cepeda/544 ... 06.article
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey Calderon........That GIANT SLURPING SOUND you hear is TAXDOLLARS being slurped up by your ILLEGAL ALIENS.......who are as worthless as t--- on a boar hog.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler
    There's always the "Fairness Doctrine" that could be used to cut back on Spanish radio and television, like those who tried to use it against talk radio. Turn about is fair play.
    Now there's a thought. Hmmmmmmm might be a way to really upset the donkey cart.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the fairness doctrine is not the way to go. its like a bad smell that will not go away and you can't find it.

when the illegals ruin this country where will they go next and where will we go for a better life. the politicians are forgetting that they are feeding a wild dog that will bite them and there families.

Moving to news section.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn