Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Gloria Allred Indicts Own Client Nicki Diaz, on criminal cha

The cartoonish Allred will end up being Whitman’s top fundraiser

Allred Indicts Own Client

By Joy Tiz
    Sunday, October 3, 2010

She’s not an illegal alien—she’s not from another planet. -Gloria Allred

The Al Sharpton of womanhood, Gloria Allred, publicly indicted her own “clientâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    $23 an hour

And your telling me an American wouldn't do that job?

Meg needs to do the purp walk as well as the illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    $23 an hour

any American would . I read it was 25.00 hr & you tell me whitman's did not know this . after 9 year you don 't get to know her life History I
    I don't by any of this . whitman's should be fine & the Illigal Immigrant ship home her husband has a good job & her Kids are not a citizen
    I don't by any of this I would Not vote for a lie the hold WH Has to be clean out start with OBama & work your way down
    we want our country Back & Jobs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

$23 an hour

Me thinks you haven't read the facts. By all indications, neither Meg Whitman nor her husband knew that their housekeeper was illegal. Diaz, in fact, forged or falsified documents, a felony, to illegally acquire a job with the employment agency. Until new facts surface to the contrary, Whitman should be considered innocent of any wrongdoing. I am not a supporter of Whitman but it is clear she is being unfairly smeared for political reasons.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

How Meg Whitman Was Ambushed by Her Maid

Since 1950, Americans with household help have been required to pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for workers earning more than $50 in a calendar quarter (plus unemployment insurance for workers earning $1,000). For many years, compliance was difficult and time consuming and, for the IRS, enforcement was a low priority. In 1986, new immigration laws made it illegal to hire undocumented immigrants, even in private homes. Both laws were widely disregarded.

Public awareness of and compliance with these legal requirements increased dramatically in 1993 when yet to be inaugurated President Clinton nominated a woman named Zoe Baird to be attorney general (she would have been the first woman to ever hold the office). Like many working women, the nominee had a foreign-born babysitter. Her nanny's husband drove her children to school, sports and other activities. Unfortunately, Baird paid the couple off the books and ignored their undocumented immigration status.
    So obscure was the tax regulation and so common the hiring violation that neither the Clinton transition team nor the Senate Judiciary Committee that would confirm her (and where I was a staff member at the time) had asked in the vetting process whether the nominee had complied with either requirement. The result was the first political defeat of Clinton's day-old administration and a blow for working mothers and their children's caregivers all over America.
    After that, the Social Security Domestic Employment Reform Act of 1994 (nicknamed the Nanny Tax) codified rules on reporting wages and taxes for domestic workers, and law-abiding citizens throughout America learned to report and pay FICA, Medicare, FUTA and federal withholding taxes for their babysitters, gardeners and cleaning help.
    While candidates and appointees (and presumably average citizens) continued to get caught violating immigration and tax laws, most people with political aspirations towed the line. It was in this environment six years later that Nicandra Diaz Santillan, also in the United States without documentation, provided her prospective employers, GOP candidate for California Governor Meg Whitman (then CEO of eBay), and her neurosurgeon husband, Griffith Harsh, with a Social Security number not actually assigned to her. Miss Diaz, who had come into California from Mexico, assured the couple she was legally available to work. (They were introduced though an agency that had also asked for and received documents she would need to complete the I-9 form.)
    The new employers withheld taxes from Diaz' salary ($17,940 in 2002) and provided an annual W2 form to their employee. When the name Nicandra Santillan and the number she provided did not agree with agency records, the Social Security Administration wrote Whitman and Harsh in 2003 asking for more information. The couple gave their housekeeper the letter and asked her to clarify and resolve the matter ("Nicky, please check this. Thanks').

Apparently, after that handoff, she kept the letter and it fell off their radar and was forgotten. The matter faded away until, as Whitman stated last month, "Nicky came to us in June 2009 and confessed that she was an illegal worker."
    She asked her employers for "help" legalizing her status several months after Whitman began exploring her interest in the top state job. Meg Whitman and her husband by all indications behaved legally but were nevertheless misled. As most people would, they trusted the person who they paid to clean their toilet.
    When the housekeeper confessed she'd been lying, Whitman "immediately terminated Nicky's employment." Saying "it was one of the hardest things I've ever done," Whitman added she "considered Nicky a friend and a part of our extended family."
    For her part, Nicky claimed in a tearful press conference that Dr. Harsh was, er, harsh when she broke the news ("Dr. Harsh was very angry and said, 'I told you, I told you she was going to bring us problem") and now claims her former bosses still owe her overtime wages and mileage reimbursement.
    In their 2nd public debate Saturday, Whitman accused her opponent for the governor's office, California attorney general Jerry Brown, of orchestrating the scandal. Momentum for the accusations and suspiciously timed revelations seem to be the spotlight-seeking work of Diaz' lawyer, Gloria Allred. (Allred is known for inserting herself into high-profile disputes.) Whatever her motivation for the explosive betrayal, Diaz' own actions now put her at risk for arrest and deportation.
    There are 3 million undocumented workers in California. Most of them toil in labor-intensive professions with few opportunities for advancement. Rarer still, are opportunities to turn so spectacularly on your employers the way Diaz found to do (or Allred found for her).

Perhaps she misunderstood the promise of America for so many immigrants and believed she had come to the land of opportunism?

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/10/02 ... -her-maid/
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    $23 an hour

Me thinks you haven't read the facts. By all indications, neither Meg Whitman nor her husband knew that their housekeeper was illegal. Diaz, in fact, forged or falsified documents, a felony, to illegally acquire a job with the employment agency. Until new facts surface to the contrary, Whitman should be considered innocent of any wrongdoing. I am not a supporter of Whitman but it is clear she is being unfairly smeared for political reasons.
    I wonder when Meg Whitman discovered the housekeeper was an illegal alien, and that she had presented false identification to the hiring agency, and had lied to her in order to get the job.

When the Whitman's first had reason to believe that something was fishy with the housekeeper's papers, like back when Meg's husband knew something was up, and made a note to the housekeeper to check out the letter, to me, that would have been the time to report to the authorities that they had an employee that was not matching up properly. Even I would catch on to that clue, given the fact that California is full of illegal aliens snagging our citizen's jobs.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

$23 an hour

Daiz should be in jail for ID theft and not on TV.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

[...] When the housekeeper confessed she'd been lying, Whitman "immediately terminated Nicky's employment." Saying "it was one of the hardest things I've ever done," Whitman added she "considered Nicky a friend and a part of our extended family." [...]
    Did Meg Whitman then turn in the illegal alien housekeeper? Or did she help her hide her identity even after she knew she was a lying criminal fraud unlawfully taking jobs from American citizens?
    The answer to that should just about sum up who Meg Whitman is.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays
    [...] When the housekeeper confessed she'd been lying, Whitman "immediately terminated Nicky's employment." Saying "it was one of the hardest things I've ever done," Whitman added she "considered Nicky a friend and a part of our extended family." [...]
    Did Meg Whitman then turn in the illegal alien housekeeper? Or did she help her hide her identity even after she knew she was a lying criminal fraud unlawfully taking jobs from American citizens?
    The answer to that should just about sum up who Meg Whitman is.
    Eventually we all hope the truth will come out no matter who is complicit. The evidence at this point simply indicates that Whitman and her husband did nothing illegal. None of us should speculate on what was in her heart. Any one of us should expect no less if we were in this circumstance. We should be innocent until proven guilty.

William Barret Travis

The firing was in 2009 and Diaz and Gloria Allred waited until right before the election to come forth. Interesting timing.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast