Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

GOP COULD HAVE 70-SEAT HOUSE DEFICIT AFTER NOV...

GOP cancer: Party could lose 20 more seats

By JOHN F. HARRIS & JOSH KRAUSHAAR | 5/14/08 8:09 PM EST

NRCC Chairman Tom Cole is the target of finger-pointing.
    Photo: John Shinkle

For the past 18 months, ever since the 2006 elections, congressional Republicans have been like a hospital patient trying to convince visitors that he is not really all that sick: a bit under the weather; actually feel better than I sound; should be up and about any day; thanks for asking.

Suddenly — belatedly — all pretense is gone.

The Republican defeat in Tuesday’s special election in Mississippi, in a deeply conservative district where, in an average year, Democrats cannot even compete, was a clear sign that the GOP has the political equivalent of cancer that has spread throughout the body. Many House GOP operatives are privately predicting that the party could easily lose up to 20 seats this fall.

Combined with the 30 seats that the GOP lost in 2006, that would leave the party facing a 70-vote deficit against Democrats in the House — a state of powerlessness reminiscent of Republicans’ long wilderness years in the 1960s and ’70s.

Things are not particularly more hopeful on the Senate side, where most analysts say Democrats have a strong chance of adding five or more seats to their current majority.

Panic and blame-casting for the dire condition were flowing in equal measures Wednesday inside the House Republican Conference and among party elders and operatives outside.

In the crossfire, there was a bracing new spirit of candor that has largely been missing since 2006, when many Republicans tried to convince the public — and perhaps themselves — that the defeat was the result of temporary setbacks, such as the House page scandal or bad headlines for Tom DeLay, rather than something more fundamental.

“The political atmosphere facing House Republicans this November is the worst since Watergate and is far more toxic than the fall of 2006, when we lost 30 seats (and our majority) and came within a couple of percentage points of losing another 15 seats,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Combined with the 30 seats that the GOP lost in 2006, that would leave the party facing a 70-vote deficit against Democrats in the House — a state of powerlessness reminiscent of Republicans’ long wilderness years in the 1960s and ’70s.
    This is precisely why we need to be moving ahead with every possible legal challenge to OBL agendas---because if there is an amnesty, those who are presently illegal will either no longer be so, or it may be so hard to prove that they are. A rearranged Congress and new President could very easily grant legal status to 20 million or so. And even if they pass an Act that supposedly has protections our opinion, so far, is that there would not be any realistic verification provisions.

Many groups are flagrantly violating the IRCA of 1986 and the subsequent Act of 1996. There is now still potential for civil litigation, even if enforcement agencies like ICE are laying down on the job. I hardly see anybody taking advantage of the present law, though. If Congress passes a different Act--then so much of the present legal right of US citizens goes out the window. My appreciation to those working hard on State initiatives and legislation. But a new Congress could effectively undo a lot of those gains. We need to get busy in Civil Court before it is too late.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The issues:

Per one article the following four issues are key in the current campaign.

1. The economy
    2. Iraq
    3. Terrorism
    4. Illegal Immigration.

Other polls I have seen that provide percentages show the economy and Illegal Immigration neck and neck with about 37% for each issue. The RNC is either in denial, stupid or so ignorant as to forget, regardless of how much money they collect from Republican businessmen, each person is only one vote. They are not in denial about illegal immigration and the feelings of America. They just do not give a damn. How can they put John McCain in front of a voting public that is emotional and knowledgable about the negative impact illegal immigration has on America??? If someone will tell me how to register as an Independent, I will do it and soon. I have been a Republican for over 40 years. I now live in Georgia. My two Senators went against the Kennedy Immigration Reform plan, but only after they were hissed and booed back home. They failed to recognize that once one leaves Massachusetts, that toad Teddy is not a revered statesman. He is a lecher and a coward and someone who committed manslaughter , or at the very least, negligent homicide. Both Senators thought they were being wise and cooperative. They already had their own plan, which was quite acceptable. I believe to the American public. But in order to appear as good bipartisans they succumbed to Teddy and McCain's wiles. They learned a hard lesson. I think they have forgotten that lesson. I check their voting record on a regular basis. I found that Isakson is in serious denial about The Security and Prosperity Partnership and the North American Union. I choose to think that way, otherwise he would have to be complicit in the globalist plan.
    The Republican party is uin disarray. I no longer respect it as the perty that reflects my beliefs and stands tall for American sovereignty.

This country is going to be so sorry, if they think the Republicans are bad wait until the get the Demacrates....amnesty and open borders, they think they are hurting now wait until the cheap labor floods this country even worse.

The least they could do is replace the old ones with anther Republican but people are so stupid they will put a demactrate in there and we will be screwed.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)