Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP leader: E-Verify might have saved lives of 9/11 victims

Senate GOP leader: E-Verify might have saved lives of 9/11 victims

by Dara Kam | May 3rd, 2011

The Florida Senate came closer to finalizing its immigration reforms after killing an amendment proposed by powerful Senate Rules Chairman John Thrasher.

Thrasher’s plan would have fined businesses that hired workers in the country illegally but would not have required business owners to use the federal E-Verify system.

Trying to convince senators to support his amendment, Thrasher implied that the 9/11 terrorist attacks might not have happened nearly a decade ago if Florida had the E-Verify system in place.

“I will remind everybody in here that 10 of the 19 terrorists that attacked our country that were directed by Osama bin Laden to do that lived in the state of Florida. I wish we had had an E-Verify system because some of them were working. We might have saved the lives of 3,000 Americans,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It is good you are reposting this one. I read it this morning and commentor were saying we need to get Alexander charged for knowingly hiring illegals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“Quit all these one-sided political arguments,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Banned
    "Alexander, a citrus farmer who also raises blueberries, crafted a measure that, among other things, would essentially exempt agricultural businesses like his from having to verify workers’ immigration status."

Blatant and illegal conflict of interest IMO

The tea party people in Florida are going to go after him. I am not a member but know people who are and were sending out emails about this yesterday. Someone did forward one to me. I hope FILMEN the Florida group against illegals goes after Alexander as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Trying to convince senators to support his amendment, Thrasher implied that the 9/11 terrorist attacks might not have happened nearly a decade ago if Florida had the E-Verify system in place.
    Lawmakers should put laws into effect that will require all Counties and State employers to use E-Verify to screen present and new employees to maintain safe work places.

Employers all across this Country should want to use E-Verify, since it is possible a terrorist could perform terror attack at any places any time. Such criminals could already be employed at businesses and employers may not know until it is too late.

It is risky business and unsafe employing undocumented alien’s men and women, for cheap labor in modern day. Very dangerous criminals could be among those cheap undocumented labors!!!
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself: