Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As government cracks down on workplaces, ID theft cranks up

As government cracks down on workplaces, ID theft cranks up

24 face charges alleging papers were faked for E. Texas chicken plants

08:29 AM CST on Saturday, January 5, 2008
    By DIANNE SOLĂ
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm glad they caught these - but I have this suspicion this was all about a whitewash for Pilgrim's.

This is a huge operation - they should have been able to detect and round up hundreds of illegals.

"We provide education and training on proper hiring procedures, fraudulent document detection, use of the E-Verify/Basic Pilot Employment Verification Program, and anti-discrimination procedures," Mr. Atkinson said in an e-mail

If this is true, I would say e-verify might not be working very well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I saw a demo for e-verify at a conference last Sept. It seemed to be easy to use, and fast returning results. As far as the accuracy, it appeared to be ok, but you know how that goes. I don't trust anything anymore, except for the fact that they can't be trusted.

By crosschecking 1,100 Social Security numbers used at Pilgrim's Pride with Labor Department and Federal Trade Commission databases, federal agents were able to determine that 30 names had been stolen, the affidavit shows.

This statement sounds good, until you think about it.

This is a poultry company - a very big poultry company - they are all encompassing from hatching to delivering to the stores. They also have feed mills, construction company - and banks.

Now how did they decide which 1,100 numbers to check? Did they check the chicken house workers, the processing plant workers - or might they have thrown in a large number of office personnel and bank personnel - who are not typically going to be illegals?

There was also gossip - just gossip - that many of the jobs that illegals might be doing, were outsourced to private contractors and therefore, technically, not on Pilgrim's payroll any longer. That doesn't mean they are working there, it doesn't mean they missed one hour work, it just means their paycheck is signed by another company.

Again, I think this is a whitewash job for Pilgrim's. It is possible they have been getting some attention, some complaints, some inquiries about their hiring practices.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

Only 30?

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I'm glad they caught these - but I have this suspicion this was all about a whitewash for Pilgrim's.

This is a huge operation - they should have been able to detect and round up hundreds of illegals.

"We provide education and training on proper hiring procedures, fraudulent document detection, use of the E-Verify/Basic Pilot Employment Verification Program, and anti-discrimination procedures," Mr. Atkinson said in an e-mail

If this is true, I would say e-verify might not be working very well.

ICE found only 30 illegal aliens among the 5000 workers at the two plants investigated?

Something at Pilgrim's Pride smells more rotten than the chicken guts.

"[Chilango] allegedly told the agents that 'everybody' knows what's going on [at Pilgrim's Pride]." Everybody except ICE, DHS, and Sec. Chertoff.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

MinutemanCDC_SC

Yes, kinda odd - and it smells worse than the chicken 'leftovers' and I can tell you, they smell pretty bad.

Of course, everyone, including ICE, and the PResident knows what is going on there. They are out working hard to protect one of their big contributors - they certainly aren't working for us.