Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Better add Governor Perry to the "elect and send to Washington list".

Looks like he's going to meet the qualifications.
    No, hell no.
    He just got so much heat over this issue. That's why he did what he did. Gov. Scary, Slick Rick, ain't even gonna governor again in 2006. This man is a BUFFON. He inherited the job when Bush started his theft ring for the 2000 debacle. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT think there is even one redeming quality to this single digit, low frequency FOOL. Send HIM to Washington? I DON'T THINK SO.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote
    Who says they have to be on private property to observe border crossings? There are plenty of public roads they can operate from as well as aerial recon. Between that, and those landowners who are friendly to our cause, they should be able to keep most if not all of the border observed. I dunno about anyone having an private property rights which would prevent them from patrolling the Rio Grande by boat either.
    Because most of the land in that part of the state is private. Big ranches.
    Nobody that owns land along the border is going to prevent them from patrolling any where they want. People in this state are angry as hell at these ILLEGALS. Frankly, I expect to see some serious violence in October. That's why that video camera/picture phone, sing we shall overcome excrement is not even in the TEXAS lexicon
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote
    Who says they have to be on private property to observe border crossings? There are plenty of public roads they can operate from as well as aerial recon. Between that, and those landowners who are friendly to our cause, they should be able to keep most if not all of the border observed. I dunno about anyone having an private property rights which would prevent them from patrolling the Rio Grande by boat either.
    Because most of the land in that part of the state is private. Big ranches.
    Nobody that owns land along the border is going to prevent them from patrolling any where they want. People in this state are angry as hell at these ILLEGALS. Frankly, I expect to see some serious violence in October. That's why that video camera/picture phone, sing we shall overcome excrement is not even in the TEXAS lexicon
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

I, too, fear there will be some serious violence on the Texas border this fall. This is the place where the really bad 'uns cross and they're going to be furious at being prevented, or inconvenienced.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Those of us on the conservative side of the aisle comprise the majority in Texas but for some reason, we have little voice. Here's an article from the small Tyler, TX newspaper that does NOT represent public opinion here. Blogs seem to be the only way to express ourselves these days. Please express your opinions to Texas Senator Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa, District 20 and US Representative Sheila Jackson-Lee, Eighteenth District of Texas. These politicos just don't get it yet.

CITIZENS' PATROLS NOT SO WELCOME IN TEXAS
    ASSOCIATED PRESS, June 01, 2005

HARLINGEN, Texas (AP) - Volunteer border patrols known as the Minuteman Project alerted officials to hundreds of illegal immigrants in Arizona and were praised by California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, but they're getting a pre-emptive cold shoulder in Texas. The group drew international attention in April when volunteers showed up in Arizona to prove the border could be secured simply by putting more personnel there. They did not apprehend immigrants. But organizer Chris Simcox said the group alerted the U.S. Border Patrol to suspicious behavior and helped catch 335 immigrants. Simcox said if Congress didn't buttress the Border Patrol with National Guard or other military this summer, Minutemen would deploy to California in August and Texas in October. Shannon McGauley, an Arlington resident and a founder of Texas Minutemen L.L.C., one of several groups forming under the Minuteman Project, scouted Texas sites over Memorial Day weekend. Nearly 1,000 volunteers from around the country were ready, he said. But civil rights groups, clergy, newspaper editorial boards and politicians are folding up the welcome mats.

"I think it's a problem all of Texas has with having vigilante groups from other parts of the country come to our state to try to tell us how to run our business," said state Sen. Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa, D-McAllen, an author of a resolution that urged Gov. Rick Perry to oppose Minuteman plans. Eleven senators signed it, and state Sen. Rodney Ellis, D-Houston, wrote Perry that Minutemen "are not welcome in Texas." Perry responded that he can't ban people from legal activity. "He understands and appreciates the frustration that many Texans have with illegal immigration and its impact on national security, but ultimately this is a federal issue," Perry spokeswoman Kathy Walt said. The Texas border differs from the Arizona border in key ways. Most of the Texas land is privately owned, so Minutemen would need landowners' permission to be there. The border also is overwhelmingly Hispanic and more urban, and Minutemen opponents wonder how the volunteers will distinguish illegal immigrants.

Opponents also fear the movement is fomenting racial hatred. "I don't think that there's any doubt that there's a tinge of racism beneath the surface in their attempt to try to stop immigrants from Mexico," Hinojosa said. "Why don't they do that in Canada?" Schwarzenegger in a radio interview in April said the patrols "have done a terrific job." An aide later said the governor would welcome the Minuteman Project in California. After protesters in California threw rocks and unopened soda cans at police and attendees at a speech by Minuteman founder Jim Gilchrist, Simcox called the protesters "brown supremacists." "If anything, we've exposed the sleeper cells of true terrorism in our country, those who live here and have no allegiance to us at all," he said. "It's heating up. I've got a feeling you're going to see some violent civil unrest."

U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Houston, said she smelled such trouble long ago. She wrote an amendment to a Homeland Security budget bill that blocks funding to "any border patrol activities that are unauthorized by law." She said the Minuteman Project was "an appropriate wake-up call for the United States" about the need to better fund border security. But, she said, it has completed its mission and needs to disband because of potential for violence. "The California event wound up in almost hand-to-hand combat. The meeting in Las Vegas also produced violent reaction. What can we expect at the border?" she said. "The Minutemen are as bad for the southern border as the Ku Klux Klan was for the South." But McGauley said the group would be as peaceful as they were in Arizona and wanted to call attention to the danger of terrorists as well as illegal immigrants. "I don't care who you are, you're under the same danger as I am," he said. "Right now, Baghdad's more secure than the border." Bias Against Minutemen
    '58 Airedale

We're not doing that in Canada, you idiot, because we're not overrun with millions of Canadians...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

you know, after reading this for a second time I FURIOUS!

Lee should be FORCED TO EXPLAIN THIS:

[quote]"The Minutemen are as bad for the southern border as the Ku Klux Klan was for the South." [/quote]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    you know, after reading this for a second time I FURIOUS!

Lee should be FORCED TO EXPLAIN THIS:

[quote]"The Minutemen are as bad for the southern border as the Ku Klux Klan was for the South."
    [/quote]

She should explain herself. Problem is, Jackson-Lee is ONE of the biggest idiots and racist politicians we have the state of Texas. She probably wouldn't know what to say, unless someone wrote it for her.
    It doesn't take much now-a-days to get yourself elected into office. I haven't seen her, but she must have a pretty face or smile, because she is too dumb to be where she is now.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12