Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GROUP AGAINST ILLEGAL ALIENS TARGETING ESCONDIDO SITE

Group against hiring illegal immigrants targeting Escondido site

By: North County Times

ESCONDIDO ---- A newly-formed group against hiring illegal immigrants was out again today at a day labor hiring site in Escondido.

About a half-dozen people, some of them carrying flags, were at Quince Street and Mission Avenue this morning as part of a continuing weekly protest effort on Fridays and Saturdays, police and witnesses said.

"They said that they were going to be out on the Mission and Quince corridor," police Lt. Mark Wrisley said.

Jeff Schwilk, leader of the San Diego Minutemen, said the protest effort by the group he knows as the Escondido Minuteman Brigade started in December. The leader couldn't be reached for comment.

The group is trying to discourage the hiring of illegal immigrants, Schwilk said.

Wrisley said someone called police at 9:07 to report some kind of disturbance in connection with the protest.

"The officer arrived and there was no problem, so he left," Wrisley said.

The lieutenant said it is common for allegations to be made, and nothing is wrong when officers arrive.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... 001050.txt

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

Comments wrote on January 26, 2007 11:29 AM:"I would strongly suggest that the anti-illegal protesters be on their best behavior. The perception of the Minutemen is less than favorable, which is unfortunate. The illegal advocates do not play fair. Actually they can't spell f-a-i-r, but there you go. They will stop at nothing to promote their illegal, anti-American, racist agenda. We need to stand strong, but also make it clear that our's is not a racist movement. It is an socio-economic movement to preserve our culture. "

II Swap Meet wrote on January 26, 2007 11:35 AM:"Is this going to affect weekend business at the swap meet?"

Good for them wrote on January 26, 2007 11:50 AM:"we the citizens are reporting illegals to the Border Patrol, ICE and our Senators and law makers daily. I would suggesst the illegals be onn their best behaviour or they will be finger printed at Vista jail. "

Dems and Reps wrote on January 26, 2007 12:05 PM:"all act as if the war is the only issue. All across America Illegal Immigration is what is being talked about but the cowards we have in Washington refused to discuss. Now the Dems are saying no fence? They are asking for recalls real fast. "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... 001050.txt

Hope they take pictures of the jerks hiring the illegals. Then post them on a prominent billboard for all to see. In large print on the billboard: "I HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING OUT MY COUNTRY! I HIRE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS" Heck, that would be nice to see in ALL cities. Wonder if any companies would donate billboard space? Kind of a public service thing. Maybe the jerks would think twice so they wouldn't have to explain to their kids, wife, church why their picture is up there on the billboard.

Esconidido and illegals

It is Americans' right to protest anything that we disagree with. The minutemen have never caused any problems; they are just showing rest america that a problem exists.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I hope they are able to keep the illegals from being hired by unscrupulous employers.

Jaded, the billboard thing would be great!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Comments On This Story

OSide Resident wrote on January 26, 2007 12:19 PM:"I've seen efforts to prvent illegal hiring of illegal workers in Bonsall and Oceanside. How do we the citizens find out more about Escondido Minuteman Brigade or other Patriotic groups in the area so that we can form a more concerted effort to squash this illegal immigrant disease? I think it's time to speed dial the local ICE/Border Patrol numbers and start reporting the violance that the illegals are trying to instigate... oh they know it's true."

Greg in Oceanside wrote on January 26, 2007 12:19 PM:"The post from "Comments" was well said. We are not against immigration; it's ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION we're against. Legal immigration controls the flow and integration of new citizens into our society. Whereas, ILLEGAL ALIENS come here for selfish reasons, to either earn a living (to send their money back home), or to TAKE whatever they can, whether it's social welfare, healthcare, etc. and have US taxpayers foot the bill. And, ILLEGAL ALIENS commit a disproportionate amount of crime, whether it's traffic related, gang related, or whatever, and their children continue to perform poorly in our schools. They know that if they screw up, commit a crime, or things get too "hot" they can always jump back over the fence. Concerned US citizens are trying to preserve our quality of life through controlled immigration. By accepting foreigners who want to become US citizens in an orderly fashion and CONTRIBUTE to our success as a nation, we will be better assured they will. Hiring halls and centers that cater to ILLEGAL ALIENS only exacerbate the problem and continues to draw more ILLEGAL ALIENS here."

Independent1 wrote on January 26, 2007 12:23 PM:"Good job minutemen. Keep the pressure on our politicians to fix our immigration system. As Comments wrote, do not do anything violent or say something that instigates violence. You can show these illegal immigration supporters that this has nothing to do with race and has everything to do with getting control of our borders, population growth beyond our natural resources, traffic congestion, out of control health care costs, declining education, higher taxes for a broken welfare system, etc."

reptile09 wrote on January 26, 2007 12:27 PM:"wrote on January 25, 2007 6:23 PM:"The NCT is about the only media outlet that dares report on the crimes committed by illegal aliens here in San Diego County. And the NCT really only reports on crimes that occur in the North County. The rest of the county gets no real reporting on the massive crime wave happening at the hands of illegals. Most every TV newscast refuses to report on crimes committed by illegals or just leaves out the fact the perpatrator is here illegally. Cop killers, DUI killers, Hit & Run killers, rapists, child molesters, car thieves, carjackers, store robbers, bank robbers, drug cartel members, home invasion robbers, burgalars, identity thieves, the list is endless, but to listen to the local mainstream media, you would never know there were any illegal aliens here at all. The only time you get a real in-depth news story about an illegal alien is when they get injured trying to break into the country and need to be rescued or get medical treatment. Illegal alien smuggling load vans crash head-on into innocent drivers, killing and maiming, and the local news reports it as a simple wrong way driver story."

Esco-American wrote on January 26, 2007 12:52 PM:"Well its about time! The San Diego Minutemen have been having great success in reducing illegal hirings in Vista, Oceanside, and many other cities. Glad to see my fellow Escondidans are finally joining the fight. I will be joining with them and urge all citizens of Escondido to stand with these law-abiding citizens and say NO to 75 men loitering all down Quince. Are we in America or a third world country?"

Comment on the comment
    on January 26, 2007 11:29 AM wrote on January 26, 2007 1:05 PM:"EXCUSE ME, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND THEIR SUPPORTERS, SUCH AS YOURSELF, DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SPELL 'T-H-E L-A-W'. Keep up the good work all Minutemen and those wanting to keep the United States a sovereign nation. From Dale in Vista."

Roberto wrote on January 26, 2007 1:11 PM:"To Dems and Reps - that is true but we're the ones who keep them in office. "

Reality Check wrote on January 26, 2007 1:32 PM:"If you have a problem with illegal immigrants, take it up with the Republican Party and the President. They're saying they don't like it but haven't done anything about it other than propose amnesty and relax penalties for those hiring."

Mildred wrote on January 26, 2007 2:23 PM:"The police should round up the minute men and check their legal status. I bet many of them have outstanding warrents and likely some are on parole and in possession of weapons. They are a scarey bunch. I would cross the street before walking past them when they are swaggering and bullying and attempting to intimidate citizens. I wish they would go back to Texas or Arizona or wherever they come from. "

Alf wrote on January 26, 2007 2:24 PM:"Definition of vigilante - "A vigilante is someone who takes enforcement of law or moral code into their own hands". It can not be stressed enough that these "Minutemen" are not trained, qualified law enforcement personnel. They "take" something for which they are not trained and try to do it themselves. Would anyone want to be stopped for a traffic violation by someone who has had no formal training, has not been weeded out for having a "Major Payne" complex, does not know proper procedure, makes up his own rules and has no authority to ticket? "

real american wrote on January 26, 2007 2:25 PM:"we are being overrun by illegals. The best way to deal with this is mandate jail time for employers of illegals. Send a few to jail and I guarantee you jobs will dry up. Dry up the jobs and clear the country of these criminals."

Someone who cares wrote on January 26, 2007 2:29 PM:"If the Mexicans and Illegal Aliens can march around with their Mexican Flags protesting the ban on renting to Illegal Aliens....then I certainly more than appreciate the Minutemen and what they're trying to do to try and salvage our United States. Please spend as much time as possible around the area of Mission and Quince and I sure wish the INS would drop by the area once in a while and maybe even stop in at the swap meet.....but that's not likely to EVER happen."

Im so glad. I hate wrote on January 26, 2007 2:41 PM:"driving in that area. As a female it is very intimidating. I always lock my door. Im sure STarbucks will be happy when the illegal's leave. Border patrol needs to come get them all in my opinion."

jaded wrote on January 26, 2007 3:11 PM:"Hope they take pictures of the jerks hiring the illegals. Then post them on a prominent billboard for all to see. In large print on the billboard: "I HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING OUT MY COUNTRY! I HIRE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS" Heck, that would be nice to see in ALL cities. Wonder if any companies would donate billboard space? Kind of a public service thing. Maybe the jerks would think twice so they wouldn't have to explain to their kids, wife, church why their picture is up there on the billboard."

Becky wrote on January 26, 2007 3:12 PM:"It is Americans' right to protest anything that we disagree with. The minutemen have never caused any problems; they are just showing rest america that a problem exists."

AMERICAN-LATINA wrote on January 26, 2007 3:13 PM:"The Minutemen have my support. We all do the talk here but they at least they do the walk. I myself haven't done anything to stop the illegals. I need to get off my behind and go to these sites and let my voice be heard too. This is my country and I need to defend it too. If we work together we can get Congress to listen to us. Most illegals are not bad people but there is a reason we have laws. "

Business License Enforcement wrote on January 26, 2007 3:15 PM:"The City should do business license checks. If the day workers are independent contractors, then they are doing business in the City, and they need a business license. If the day workers are employees (very doubtful), then the employers should be monitored to insure compliance with state and local employment laws. 'No person shall transact and carry on any business, trade, profession, calling or occupation in this city without first having procured a license from the city' Escondido Municipal Code [EMC] 16-17(a). Violation is is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) or a jail term of six months, or both. EMC 16-249(a). Civil penalties may also apply. EMC 16-250. Each and every day on which a violation occurs is a separate violation. EMC 16-251. Finally, the City is prohibited by Federal law from issuing business licenses to illegal aliens. (8 USC 1621)"

Suzy K wrote on January 26, 2007 3:22 PM:"Get a grip...most of these guys are here legit that's why they aren't afraid of the INS and stand on a street corner. Why don't we SERIOUSLY go after employers like area nurseries, restaurants, nannies, gardener's services, housecleaners....Now that would be some real numbers rather than a few guys on the corner."

To Alf wrote on January 26, 2007 3:31 PM:"Definition of Minuteman - 'An armed civilian ready to fight on a minute's notice just before and during the Revolutionary War.' As for authority, read the US Constitution, Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3, and the Second Amendment."

To Alf and Mildred wrote on January 26, 2007 3:31 PM:"Unlike the ILLEGALS and their thuggish supporters, the Minute Men DO have the rule of law in mind when they try and take back AMERICA. They do NOT harass, they do NOT break the law, they simply inform would be employers that it is against the LAW to hire illegals. IF you are here legally, why don't the two of you pull your heads out of the sand, read the LAW and support anti-ILLEGAL immigration groups like the Minute Men. After all, it is YOUR country they are trying to protect."

Bro Rufus wrote on January 26, 2007 3:42 PM:"Round 'em up and ship 'em back!"

Lost in the debate wrote on January 26, 2007 4:04 PM:"What are you guys saying, that you personally are sure every day laborer is here illegally? Therein lies the problem. Anyone with any sense is against illegal immigration. But you can't target a group of individuals for something you aren't sure they are guilty of. What you are doing is violating the rights of Latino CITIZENS. It is those folks are getting lost in the debate. "

Skip wrote on January 26, 2007 4:16 PM:"To all NCT Readers who support the Illegal Alien Invasion. Just go on these webpages for the last two weeks and count the stories involving Illegal Aliens and their crimes, hit-and-run, and so on, and think to yourself "Are these the kinds of people I want living in my City""

Watcher wrote on January 26, 2007 4:20 PM:"I propose taking pictures of everyone there. Anyone who hinders the hiring of a "legal" should be treated as a criminal. Anyone publishing a picture of someone hiring an "illegal" who is in fact "legal" should be prosecuted and/or sued. To "Greg in Oceanside" and his ilk, be sure of your facts because the knife cuts both ways. In your haste to get rid of illegals if you violate the rights of someone who is a legal citizen then it is you who are illegal. I will not be intimidated by the likes of you, I also have a camera. Remember that if you cross the line. "

Adam wrote on January 26, 2007 4:21 PM:"RE: The lieutenant said it is common for allegations to be made, and nothing is wrong when officers arrive. >>> Any bets on who is making the allegations?"

To comment on the comment wrote on January 26, 2007 4:26 PM:"I don't think you read my post correctly. I am definitely not a supporter of illegal or thier criminal fringe. What I'm saying is the Minutemen need to take the high road, which I know is not easy when you've got extremists screaming at you. By taking the high road, support will follow."

ADamant wrote on January 26, 2007 4:27 PM:"I'm half mexican from a full mexican backround. Even THEY say that the illegals should leave. They are criminals and they are so becuase they broke our law getting here: by crossing the border ILLEGALLY."

Syl wrote on January 26, 2007 4:27 PM:"If anyone has any doubts as to how bad and out of control the situation is getting, I would suggest that you drive to the Home Depot on Market Street, in San Diego. You will literally be mobbed with day laborers soliciting for work. They lurk in the parking lot, and loiter in front of the mall stores. On the back street going into the mall I have counted over 100 men at one time just hanging out. One time when I went there in my Government truck, they were literally hanging on the side after a bunch of them rushed me. I never saw any trash cans or toilet facilities. For the life of me I do not know why they are allowed to do this. If a border patrol car were to drive by I am sure they would scatter into the wind."

Alf wrote on January 26, 2007 4:48 PM:"Well, "To Alf" and "To Alf and Mildred" You seem to gloss over the words "WELL REGULATED" as it has to do with "Militia". Read and act on the whole thing. Picking and choosing the parts you like and ignoring what you do not is exactly what a criminal does, he picks and chooses which laws he will obey and which he won't. What I want to know is are the Minutemen well regulated? If so by whom? Regulation comes from what sourse? In section 10 clause 3 contains the words "unless actually invaded" and the Second Amendment has "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State". I will not debate the right of gun ownership because I have a few myself. What I am not qualified for and have no regulation from any outside authority to do is go out in public with or without a gun and play cop. "Self-regulated" is the fox guarding the henhouse. You can use any rationalization you want, it is still "playing cop" until someone gets killed and then the "play cop" destroys all your credibility, not to mention being a murderer. "

Gary in Murrieta wrote on January 26, 2007 4:53 PM:"While driving home from work today, I heard on the radio that half of all homocides in San Diego County are gang realated. I can't help but asssociate Gangs with Illegal Aliens."

DANNY
    wrote on January 26, 2007 5:22 PM:"GOOD JOB MINUTE MEN. ESCONDIDO SUPPORTS YOU GUYS 110%.!"

Rancher wrote on January 26, 2007 5:40 PM:"The minutemen along the border between San Diego Sector and East County Sector have done a great job, in reporting, spoting and working with border patrol. They work similar to the volunteer patrols that many local cities incorporate. We have to my knowledge have had any clashes that would be considered "taking the law into my own Hands". The thing to do is to encourage the inland city illegal to become legal and screened for crimial background. And let the Minutemen help to keep the root source of invasion at the border"

Debate wrote on January 26, 2007 5:54 PM:"I'm an American of Mexican extraction. I just don't want to be profiled. It's almost funny, but the more anti-illegal alien protest there are, the more illegal aliens cross the border. Whats really going on? My only real problem is that many illegal don't resepect this country and yes, I will agree, there to many coming in. "

I will be hiring wrote on January 26, 2007 5:57 PM:"I need some help and I go to Escondido to hire some illegals. The retirees with flags don't scare me. Mexicans work hard for less money and they don't whine and complain like Americans"

Wait a minute Danny wrote on January 26, 2007 6:17 PM:"Escondido cannot be supporting them 110% because ALL of my neighbors see them as a bunch of outsiders who are giving our City a very bad reputation! They should move to the backwoods of Idaho where they belong. The troika at City Hall have made us a laughing stock trying to take over responsiblity from the Federal Government. What are they going to do when Bush works with the Democratic Congress and gets his way with Immigration Reform? Overthrow the Republican White House/ government? Declare Independence? All of this is a losing battle and is just a publicity stunt by three political hacks."

Support Our Oops wrote on January 26, 2007 6:28 PM:"I am firmly convinced now after reading the online version of the North County Times for the past year that since all this immigration stuff hit the news, the Minute Men have been bombarding the "comments" sections of the the NCT with messages patting themselves on the back to give the false impression that the population in North County condones their lawless vigilanteism. While they stir up plenty of racists in Vista and Escondido, the two primary outposts of white trash in North County, those of you out there shocked at most of these comments should know the vast majority of us in North County do NOT condone the racist and lawless antics and tactics of the Minute Men, nor do we coddle illegal immigrants. We favor a sane, legislative approach to the problem, and find the small-minded bigotry and hatred so rampant in these comments sections abhorrent, shameful, and pitiful."

Yes wrote on January 26, 2007 7:14 PM:"We need more and more groups like this. Hey, if the federal government isn't going to do anything, we as citizens of this great country can and should."

To I will be hiring wrote on January 26, 2007 7:17 PM:"You are part of our problem. We need to ship you to Mexico with the illegals. They don't whine and complain you say? Was that not them I saw in our streets on May 1, whinning and complaining?"

To Support wrote on January 26, 2007 9:01 PM:"Well we know you are one of a handful of alien activists because only they speak with such hate about good law-abiding citizens merely doing a neighborhood watch. Its a crime to hire illegals and they go out and observe that. For that they are "white trash"? Why do I always see Hispanic Americans with them? Are they "brown trash" for standing up for America? Who's the racist? JFK said in 1961 that "we need a nation of Minutemen". I guess he was a racist too, huh?"

To Alf wrote on January 26, 2007 9:06 PM:"Once again, you know NOT of what you speak. The Minute Men are NOT a militia, they are NOT armed and do NOT take the law into their own hands. They are observers and reporters. They are educaters. YOU Alf are picking and choosing what you want to absorb or believe. YOU want to see the Minute Men groups as militia and vigilantes. Once again, Alf, take your head OUT of the sand and educate yourself as to what and who are Minute Men. Last week I was at a site, and the Hispanics were holding signs made for them by the ACLU stating "We just want an honest day's work"(there is NOTHING honest about breaking into our country and paying no taxes) or "Many of us are here legally". I asked, in Spanish, what does your sign say? NOT one knew, because none of them read or speak English. Now I know you will scream RACIST but LEGAL immigrants are to learn the language and assimilate. I have been to several day labor sites and have yet to meet a "migrant" who could speak English. That is somewhat of a giveaway as to their status. IF they are legal, why don't they go to hiring halls and get a legal, tax paying,job? Conversely, why do Americans hire slaves, pay NO taxes and less than minimum wage? THEY are breaking the law as well. Certainly NOT the Minute Men who peacefully observe, report and educate. "

To I will be hiring wrote on January 26, 2007 9:09 PM:"I will be observing and reporting. I can't wait to hear YOU whining and complaining in the Vista jail."

Facts Man wrote on January 26, 2007 10:06 PM:"Most day laborers are illegal aliens, usually 90% or more. Since they are illegal, you don't know their criminal background or if they are carrying any diseases. It is illegal to hire illegals. $10,000 fine and 6 months in jail. You want to hire illegals because they are cheap slaves? Go for it, but don't cry if ICE catches you and busts you like they are all over America. Illegal is illegal!"

Laurie wrote on January 26, 2007 10:16 PM:" Why is it so difficult for some people to understand our laws? The key word here is ILLEGAL . Hmmmm , now what does the word illegal mean ?? It means AGAINST THE LAW ! Good job Minutemen !! "

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... ogcomments

Most Commented-On
    Stories This Week

Illegal immigrant parents facing aid cut (137)
    Oceanside residents pack City Hall to discuss Chargers (7
    Letters to the Editor - 1/25/2007 (73)
    Report: Armed man came closer than reported to Guard troops on Mexico border (71)
    Letters to the Editor - 1/24/2007 (67)
    Letters to the Editor - 1/26/2007 (61)
    Letters to the Editor - 1/23/2007 (53)
    Democrats, Republicans polarized over Bush speech (49)
    Letters to the Editor - 1/21/2007 (4
    Group against hiring illegal immigrants targeting Escondido site (44)

http://www.nctimes.com/opinion/

Wrisley said someone called police at 9:07 to report some kind of disturbance in connection with the protest.

"The officer arrived and there was no problem, so he left," Wrisley said.

The lieutenant said it is common for allegations to be made, and nothing is wrong when officers arrive.
    ...Tactics of the opposition no doubt.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To: Support Our Oops wrote on January 27, 2007 9:00 AM:"You need to lighten up. Want a good laugh? Then just read this breaking AP News Story in Today's paper. http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... _26_07.txt Study: Light-skinned immigrants in the U.S. earn more than darker-skinned ones "

Alf wrote on January 27, 2007 9:29 AM:"Well, "To Alf", If I know not of what I speak when referring to well regulated Militia and guns, Why did you say "and the Second Amendment"? That amendment deals only with the right to bear arms. You asked the day laborers in spanish to explain the signs, and they could not, that means nothing. We have a woman who we met through a person at a day-labor pickup, she works here once in a while. She crosses the border legally and comes to our place, she has valid papers and yet she does not speak or read hardly any English. The person who referred her to us is also quite legal and crosses the border legally when he wants or needs more money than he makes where he lives. I do not call you racist at all. A zealot who uses hyperbole and bully tactics and insults and gross generalizations, yes, a racist, not until you show me something other than being generally obnoxious. I do take exception to "why do Americans hire slaves"..."less than minimum wage", I hire free people, not slaves, to do work that I once could and did do, and now cannot, and pay $10 per hour, a little more than minimum wage. Facts Man" proved my point about generalizations with this extremely accurate "Most day laborers are illegal aliens, usually 90% or more" - accurate words like these "Most" and "usually" and "or more", and that was only in his first sentence. In his 4th "sentence" he lists only the maximum possible penalty for hiring an illegal, his accuracy may be better on that, quien sabe? NOW - In 15 years I have seen less than 5 "white guys" waiting with the others, one of those guys came over, and worked well. I've seen over 20 times that number of "white guys" sitting at off ramps with their signs and sometimes even their dogs, for crying out loud. AND the 2 times I actually invited one to work for food AND $10/hour pay, I GOT TURNED DOWN. I do not make exaggerated or inaccurate or generalized statements, get your head out of the sand and ask yourself, why are able-bodied people sitting on their behinds with a sign? Why are they not at day-labor centers or pick-up points? Or signing up with temp services that, by the way, got me my last job before I went into my own business."

finer299 wrote on January 27, 2007 9:33 AM:"Mildred obviously has an agenda. The "scary" lot of Minutemen are mostly senior citizens having spent their whole lives obeying laws. To brand them as lawbreakers, defies the imagination. They sit on the border and report lawbreakers invading our country. How many invaders have beeen killed by the Minutemen....how many Americans have been killed/murdered by illegal aliens invaders? May I suggest that rather than jumping into an issue she knows nothing about, that she do some research ie., documented evidence that is U.S. government issue. Mildred lets her fingers type before her brain is engaged. Mildred needs to move to Mexico where she will be with same thinking people!!!"

----ATTENTION, UNDOCUMENTED MALES wrote on January 27, 2007 12:26 PM:"If you are a man ages 18 through 25 and living in the U.S., then you must register with Selective Service. It?s the law. You can register at any U.S. Post Office and do not need a social security number. Be sure to register before your 26th birthday. After that, it?s too late! Selective Service does not collect any information which would indicate whether or not you are undocumented. You want to protect yourself for future U.S. citizenship and other government benefits and programs by registering with Selective Service. Do it today! http://www.sss.gov/"

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... ogcomments