Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Group To Give Sanctuary To Illegal Immigrants

Monday, May 26, 2008

SAN ANTONIO

Group to give immigrants help

A group of faith-driven activists is trying to organize a network to help illegal immigrants who fear new local immigration-related laws and massive raids.

The advocates — all Catholic — hope to provide places to stay, food and health care for immigrants.

"We are the new Sanctuary Movement in San Antonio," said group member Victor Ruiz, 63, who works for the immigration division of Catholic Charities. "If immigrants need help, we will do all we can to help them out."

The original Sanctuary Movement was a religious effort started in the 1980s to help Central Americans fleeing the region's civil wars.

Authorities warn that there are laws against transporting or harboring unauthorized immigrants.

"I'd caution them that good intentions could make them criminally liable," said Jerry Robinette, director of investigations for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in San Antonio.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

501(c)(3) status revoked. Go not pass Go. Do not collect public funds.

Maybe Captainron can remind me, but it's IRS Form 13039 to report abuse by non-profits, right?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I'd caution them that good intentions could make them criminally liable," said Jerry Robinette, director of investigations for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in San Antonio.
    Yeah! And, remember that unlike the period of the 1980s in Central America, there are no large scale wars from which to flee. Things are relatively peaceful (well, minus, the ongoing growth of various gangs and such...) there. So that excuse can't be relied upon in this case.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's incredibly arrogant for them to deliberately thumb their nose at the law of the land. I hope they get their tax exempt status revoked!

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Yeah! And, remember that unlike the period of the 1980s in Central America, there are no large scale wars from which to flee. Things are relatively peaceful (well, minus, the ongoing growth of various gangs and such...) there. So that excuse can't be relied upon in this case.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

group member Victor Ruiz, 63, who works for the immigration division of Catholic Charities.
    Is his pay exempt from taxes because he works for the church ?
    I hope this backfires on them big time !
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT