Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Group urges Hispanics to buy only essentials

July 31, 2007
    Group urges Hispanics to buy only essentials
    Ed Taylor, Tribune
    Immigrants Without Borders, an activist group that has organized protest marches and is asking Hispanics to boycott their jobs during next year’s Super Bowl, has launched a new campaign — urging Hispanics to buy nothing but essential goods through Labor Day.

The purpose is to show the importance of Hispanics in the Valley’s economy, not just as workers but as consumers too, said Elias Bermudez, founder of the organization, which claims about 5,000 active members.

“We are calling on everyone in the Hispanic community to spend only for what is indispensable,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    There it is again!!! Money money money!!! If these illegal cretins weren't here and Americans had these jobs and better paying jobs we'd be shopping too!!! The systems is screwed right now and these "businesses" depend on there money to make bigger profits!!! But there boycott having an effect on us working class/middle class Americans none!!!!

I also guess "shoes" aren't important to them!!!! I like stepping on broken glass and nails too!!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Sounds like a good to take my wife shopping.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“We are calling on everyone in the Hispanic community to spend only for what is indispensable,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="zeezil"][quote]“We are calling on everyone in the Hispanic community to spend only for what is indispensable,â€
    -Ron Paul

Zeezil, haven't you got those in the wrong order? I thought the booze always comes first!

Boycott all you want to illegals, it won't do any good. Didn't you learn anything from the May 1st marches? Your "day w/o an illegal" did NOTHING to hurt the economy!

So they quit buying a few items, big deal. Hardly anything is made in the US anymore. So they don't buy cars, OH WELL, many of them are made in Mexico anyway so many of them are hurting their homeland (not that they care anyway). So they don't buy TV's and shoes, OH WELL, the Chinese won't lose anything either.

The only thing they will accomplish is to move the little demand curve back to the left a microscopic amount which will hardly raise equilibrium prices any.
    What a joke!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Mexican perceptions of whites

I've read enough comments from Mexican posters to know that they really believe what they see in the movies and on tv is how whites really experience our lives. They think we all have maids and gardeners, because we are really lazy, don't you know.

Personally, I have never had a maid or anyone to take care of my lawn, and don't know anyone who does. The only newspaper down here (I live near San Antonio, Texas) is so biased toward the illegal population that they constantly print disparaging articles and editorials about the white population, and never an angry peep out of anyone. I did cancel my subscription, though. I'm surprised they still bother to print it in English.

New shopping rules for me

I made a decision not to buy anything made in Mexico or China. Yes, I will be wearing this pair of sneakers for a very long time. I needed some plastic containers for food and thought I'd never find any. I'm glad to report that Ziploc brand containers are made in the USA! We should start a list of what products are manufactured here.

Also, if I need a repairman for something at my house, I will be telling the company I call not to send anyone over who doesn't speak good English which is always a giveaway for an illegal. Hispanic activists claim that we can't tell a person's immigration status. Yes, I can (or si, se puede)--the minute that person opens their mouth.

Same here...I mow my own yard, do my own landscaping, don't have a nanny, clean my own house, wash my own clothes, support my family, and don't depend on social welfare programs. Most all American citizens, except the very wealthy and the elites, do these things for themselves. Of course, the very wealthy Mexicans and the Mexican elite don't do their own work either.

Re: New shopping rules for me

Quote Originally Posted by slantedplanet
    I made a decision not to buy anything made in Mexico or China. Yes, I will be wearing this pair of sneakers for a very long time. I needed some plastic containers for food and thought I'd never find any. I'm glad to report that Ziploc brand containers are made in the USA! We should start a list of what products are manufactured here.

Also, if I need a repairman for something at my house, I will be telling the company I call not to send anyone over who doesn't speak good English which is always a giveaway for an illegal. Hispanic activists claim that we can't tell a person's immigration status. Yes, I can (or si, se puede)--the minute that person opens their mouth.
    Hehe I've seen so many illegals, I can spot them just by the way they present them selfs!!! No talking necessary but it seals the deal!!!
    -Ron Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast