Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

And, you just wonder exactly who gets those jobs???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Davis Bacon Act was reinstated but I don't think it effects the thousands of contracts already doled out before it was reinstated.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Davis Bacon Act was reinstated but I don't think it effects the thousands of contracts already doled out before it was reinstated.
    You're correct. I saw that posted in this other article.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-12522.html

Although the administration, under pressure from unions, reinstated Davis-Bacon last week, it does not retroactively apply to the thousands of contracts negotiated since the hurricane. As a result, the demand for temporary workers to do the high-risk, low-paying manual labor cleanup and reconstruction work continues unabated.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's not good. They probably have hired all of the illegals in the area anyway so there won't be any jobs LEFT for the citizens of New Orleans or any of the Gulf Coast areas that were affected to get those jobs anyway.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12