Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    There's more to this story than they are telling. Why break in and steal nothing but a child? Why threaten to kill him? Something else is going on.
    All the info we have says this is a drugs/money motivated kidnapping. If a carjacker sees a child, he drops the child off, so why would robbers take a child after getting what they were looking for? Our gov't is more concerned with not making Mexicans look bad then they are about protecting our country and citizens.
    We will see more and more kidnappings, killings, and violence because the cartels have NO respect for us. I pray the baby is found safe, but the parents need to tell the truth if they really love their kids -they've got 4 more. So sad...
    And yet, the father refused to make any statement to the reporter. That is his right, of course, but if it were my child I would be singing like a canary and hope that helped them find my child. Then I'd take my lumps if I'd done something illegal that put my child in this position in the first place. I'd sure like to see the follow up on this story.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009
    Kidnappers, 3-year-old may be headed to Mexican border
    Kidnappers told family they will take child to Mexico and kill him, according to published report.
    By SERENA MARIA DANIELS
    The Orange County Register
    Comments 39 | Recommend 2

Federal investigators are assisting San Bernardino County authorities in the search for a 3-year-old boy, taken from his family Sunday by two gunmen who tied up him and four of his siblings and robbed their home before taking the boy away.

An Amber Alert is in effect, although freeway signs have not been activated because police do not have a description of the vehicle the kidnappers were driving, California Highway Patrol officer Denise Quesada said.

San Bernardino sheriff's Lt. Rick Ells said that U.S. Border Patrol officials along the Mexican border have been put on alert, and FBI investigators are also helping in the investigation of the missing boy taken by two men believed to be Hispanic in their late teens and early 20s.

"They grabbed my kid, told me, 'I'm going to take the kid to Mexico and I'm going to kill him,' " said Briant's mother, Maria Rosalina Millan, in Spanish to reporters gathered in her front yard Monday night.

Ells would not speak on the suspects' comment on going to Mexico but said that in the current problems in the region, it would be foolish not to explore the possibility.

Briant Rodriguez was kidnapped from his home in the 8000 block of Pedley Road on Sunday after the two gunmen spent about 20 minutes ransacking the home while his mother and five of her children were tied up, San Bernardino sheriff's officials say.

One of Briant's siblings was able to free himself and untied his family members.

Also taken from the home was Millan's cell phone, so she made the emergency call from a nearby liquor store.

"It's horrifying," sheriff's Lt. Rick Ells told the Associated Press. "I don't think I could impress on you how rare a kidnapping like this is."

Briant's father, who lives with the family, was at work at the time of the robbery and kidnapping, Ells said.

"The family is saying there's no motive and they do not know the kidnappers," Ells said, adding that the kidnapping does not appear to be a family abduction.

Briant's mother told sheriff's officials that she heard a vehicle door slammed just outside the family's home when the men left, leading her to believe that the gunmen fled by car.

Ells would not comment about any possible criminal history of the family or whether they were involved in the kidnapping, but said no suspects have been named.

Authorities are expected to release more information about the kidnapping, including illustrations of the suspects.

Briant is described as 3 feet tall and 40 pounds, with brown eyes and long, curly brown hair. He was wearing a yellow shirt, blue-striped shorts and black sandals when he was taken.

Anyone with information is asked to call San Bernardino sheriff's officials at 866-346-7632.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bria ... bernardino

The police should be looking really hard at these parents. If the motive was robbery, why would they steal money, take a child, and leave a flat screen tv (the police mentioned that it wasn't taken, so I assume it was a very expensive flat screen tv)? It sounds like mom and dad know what these 2 were looking for, but aren't going to talk. Family values. Put themselves before their 3 year old's safety. Nice. They have no idea why they were targeted? Sure they don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12