Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had enough talk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sosad,
    You need to understand that those truckers either work for a company who would immediately fire them if they take action, or they are independents who have to keep the wheels rolling to eat. Don't expect them to line up end-to-end and block the roads cause it ain't a gonna happen. Same problem when it comes to massive protests. The only folks who can afford to camp out for days at the White House are the retired or the unemployed (or of course the illegals). Not until it touches a majority of Americans in a very personal way will there be any massive protests. I'm afraid by then it will be too late, and I think our government has long ago made that assessment!

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar
    I failed to mention that as I look at news articles I see many unsolved crimes appear to be committed by illegal aliens. In fact, In several areas there are serial rapists and robbers who have yet to be caught. At some point enough of these people will be caught to wake up a lot of sleeping Americans.

From what I see their crimes are increasing daily. What's more, as 287g is used in more cities, the truth will come out. Especially if we campaign to get police departments, jailers and newspapers to release who was arrested and their status. For example, there were several stories today about large numbers of illegals being uncovered in jails using 287g. We need to get the names and history on these people in the news.

Could you imagine if we forced the government to reveal how many illegals are in prisons, who they are and what crimes they committed. Instead of just a number "300,000, "we put a face these criminals and their victims. It would be hard for me to imagine that Americans would ignore this. What's more, I imagine that only a very small percentage have been reported as illegals in newspapers ... to date. But it was enough to get me to take action.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    Sosad,
    You need to understand that those truckers either work for a company who would immediately fire them if they take action, or they are independents who have to keep the wheels rolling to eat. Don't expect them to line up end-to-end and block the roads cause it ain't a gonna happen. Same problem when it comes to massive protests. The only folks who can afford to camp out for days at the White House are the retired or the unemployed (or of course the illegals). Not until it touches a majority of Americans in a very personal way will there be any massive protests. I'm afraid by then it will be too late, and I think our government has long ago made that assessment!
    I see what you are saying "tired" but their are alot of Independant truck drivers, I realize drivers that drive for companys can do nothing.

What good are those jobs going to do them when latter on in the not to distant future they are going to be lucky to have a job or a load to make enough money to support their family let alone keep their homes due to the competition in cheap labor, and it will happen, at some point you have to take a stand or lose it all, because there is not going to be a happy medium here. Mexicans will come and offer to haul a load for less, then Americans will have to lower their rate to undercut Mexican trucks and on and on until your not making enouth to support your family and you are now among the poor and destitute.

If we don't stand up and fight we have nothing to look forward to and we mine as well just turn America over to Mexico because we will be no better off than the people coming here to snatch up our jobs.

And the other matter we spoke in the PM about I checked it out and think you are right and we should all keep our eyes on that one!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I've been lurking here the past couple of months too. I get really upset
    to see how our nation is being sold out from under us. The other day
    I had a realization...

Let's say you're a congressman faced with the issue of having to deport
    20 million illegals and passing laws to enforce immigration. Not only is
    it an overwhelming task but you're going to tick off a lot of civil rights
    groups and your hispanic vote is going to go out the window. It's a lot
    easier to pass an amnesty bill. If the American people won't take it in
    one big bill we can hide it in little pieces in other bills.

The way I see it, the North American Union is already a done deal.
    Officials in high places know this. They just haven't told the American
    people yet. We the people don't have a say in the matter. Calderon
    knows it, why do you think he's making all the noise he's been making
    ever since the summit meeting? Border fences and round ups are just for
    show.

The truth is, most people are afraid to talk about immigration because
    they're afraid it's not "politically correct". They've been spoon-fed the
    idea that it's racist to talk about it. Most are happy to hide their heads in
    the sand and hope the politicians will do the right thing. A few isolated
    incidents, a murder here, a robery there helps raise awareness to the
    issue but It's going to take a big event on a 911 scale for most people to
    wake up. So the question remains how do those of us who understand
    what's at stake have our voices heard?

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

I say we call a truce. Give them back the southwest if they will just promise to vacate the rest of the US. Maybe even let them call it Aztlan and run it themselves. Say we give them $50 billion a year to keep it going. It would be better than the amnesty bill they tried to slam down our throats.

A big help would be money. If we had the resources to sue every sanctuary city. Then go after those organiztions that are aiding and abetting like La Raza. There is so much money on the other side to fight anything we throw at them.

Then there is the media. Its driven by money too. The "new media" is not capable of organizing to offset the brainwashing and placating the masses that the "old media" does. Sure, its much better than it was five years ago and continues to make progress.

We need to somehow make a bold statement to appeal to the patriotic sense thats left in all American citizens. I dont know what that statement is, but to create another "war on immigration" isnt going to do it.

If folks could see beyond their backyard to at least their neighborhoods and then whats going on in their town, that would be a great start. Most local media try to hide whats going on until something really bad happens like in Jersey.

We need to recruit our friends, family and neighbors and get them to do something. I think politics at all levels is where to get involved. Find good candidates at town, state, county, federal levels to help by donating your time and money. Doing so is more important than your vote these days.

Asking our govenment at all levels to enforce immigration laws is in no way racist. There are racists on both sides of the issue. 99.9% of people I have met are really good people and citizens. There is no other venture Ive been involved with where Ive met so many good people. DO NOT let anyone tell you supporting immigration enforcement makes you a racist!

Ive talked to folks that have been at this for over 20 years. Its not been encouraging for the last 10 years. Here in North Carolina its been downright discouraging. The last year there has been an awakening though. Lets keep telling everyone we can why illegal immigration is not good for our country and its citizens. And tell every politician we will not support them if they do support illegal immigration. It is wrong to support illegal immigration!
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Fine, give them Aztlan. But heres how we do it.

In the middle of the night, We build a wall from Louisianna and across the
    southwest. (MOD EDIT). Then we pull up
    everything. Every McDonalds, every Wal Mart, every highway, every
    hospitol and utility company, every house that's owned by a citizen, we
    take with us every car, air conditioner, oil well, horse and cow (we'll leave
    them a few goats). Then we'll see how bad they want it.

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

I have said for awhile now that we need a million patriot march in washington. the problem i see with that is, our side cannot take the days of work to do it. MOst live check to check and our bosses don't have anything to gain if we march and get our way so we would most likely get fired. With that said, if any anti-illegal group gets a large washington march together I would go no matter what.

usatime wrote:

If folks could see beyond their backyard to at least their neighborhoods and then whats going on in their town, that would be a great start. Most local media try to hide whats going on until something really bad happens like in Jersey.
    You are right on the money my friend, but I'm not sure you realize how on point you were when you wrote it!

Let's hypothesize for a moment...

Let's say you look over into your neighbor's yard and you see a small work crew that appears to be adding a room to the back of his house.

Let's say you also observe all of them are speaking a foreign language except maybe one who appears to be in charge.

Let's say you call him over and ask what he is doing and he tells you he is adding a room to your neighbors house. Next you ask him how much something like that costs and he tells you some ridiculously cheap price. Now maybe you have started to say to yourself, "Hey I think these guys might be illegals!"

Let's say you ask if he would like to maybe build you a garage or something and he says, "Sure, here's my card. Give me a call and I'll give you an estimate". At this point you notice that the guy does it all, electrical, plumbing, framing, concrete, roofing....a genuine Jack-of-All Trades! His card has a phone number on it but little else. Let's say at that point you get a little suspicious so you begin to make some calls. Maybe the guy doesn't have a Contractors license. Maybe the guy doesn't have a privilege license. Maybe the guy doesn't exist down at the ESC or maybe he does but he doesn't show any employees (surely the others building that room next door are family just helping out for the day). Now you are pretty darned sure this guy is an illegal because he is circumventing every single government requirement regulating his alleged trade.

Let's say you call the guy and have him come over and give you that estimate anyway, and you are simply astounded at how cheap his quote is. Let's say you ask him how on earth can you do it so cheap and the guy responds that his "peeps" have told him how to screw the US government and get away with it and he is passing the savings on to you.

At this point what should any good American do? Why start making some phone calls and get this bum off the street of course. Be sure you bust that crook of a neighbor while you're at it, because you can be certain he was told exactly the same thing you were when he asked, "How so cheap?" Employing illegals is breaking the law, right?

Now you may not be your neigbor's best friend after all this, but you have sent a message to the whole neighborhood that someone is watching and cares what happens to the community. Pretty soon another neighbor starts appreciating what he has seen. Next thing you know he has brought down some jerk trying to do something similar. Another small victory but now that guy has admirers who are beginning to recognize that even though they might be disliked by one person who was trying to beat the system at the expense of the whole community, they have done a good thing and start feeling good about it. Pretty soon the whole community starts pitching in and before you know it there isn't any more work for the tax cheats and rip-off contractors because no one is willing to take the chance of hiring them in the first place. No work- no workers!

Sounds easy doesn't it? So what are you waiting for?

I've been reading alot of comments here lately about folks being tired of just writing emails and forum posts. Americans are looking for ways to make a difference, but they aren't really applying themselves to the actual nuts-and-bolts of problem solving. It seems obvious enough that if we wait for things to be done top down we are doomed. Start looking for ways to solve this from the bottom up. Start small in your own community and move outward from there. There are plenty of variations to the hypothetical I suggested, and many times all it takes is one or two creative people to get the ball rolling....We all know what's at stake so what are we waiting for???

I think you'll find that once something positive starts to happen from your efforts there will surely be no shortage of people who come along wanting to share in the glory. When they do, toss them a shovel and say, "Dig in or step aside"! Don't let anyone get away with telling you one person can't make a difference cause it just ain't so!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12