Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Hastert aims to solve immigration problem and go to border

http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=5178648

House Speaker Hastert heading for the Mexican border

WASHINGTON House Speaker Dennis Hastert, preparing for a two-state tour of the Mexican border, said today that immigration legislation must first "solve the problem" of illegal entry into the United States.

Hastert -- a Republican from Illinois -- says -- quote -- "I've always said you need to build a fence on the border and you need to have military. There are places the military can help, especially the National Guard."

Hastert and a handful of lawmakers intend to make stops this weekend in Arizona and Texas, meeting with National Guard troops deployed to assist Border Patrol agents. They will also visit Camp Grip, which aides described as a remote, desert location and prime area for smugglers.

The group also plans a night tour along the border at Nogales, Arizona, and a stop at the Bridge of Americas Port of Entry in El Paso, Texas.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

One person in Illinois that isn't bought off yet. Thank heavens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/ ... 61627.html

July 20, 2006, 6:07PM
    Hastert aims to solve immigration problem

By DAVID ESPO AP Special Correspondent
    © 2006 The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Dennis Hastert, preparing for a two-state tour of the Mexican border, said Thursday that immigration legislation must first "solve the problem" of illegal entry into the United States.

"I've always said you need to build a fence on the border and you need to have military," said Hastert, R-Ill. "There are places the military can help, especially the National Guard."

Hastert and a handful of lawmakers intend to make stops this weekend in Arizona and Texas, meeting with National Guard troops deployed to assist Border Patrol agents and visiting Camp Grip, which aides described as a remote, desert location and prime area for smugglers. The group also plans a night tour along the border at Nogales, Ariz., and a stop at the Bridge of Americas Port of Entry in El Paso, Texas.

"I just want to see how it's working," Hastert said of the border security effort, augmented in recent months as immigration concerns have taken on increased prominence.

Hastert's trip comes at a time when House Republicans are working to highlight shortcomings in Senate-passed immigration legislation that largely follows a blueprint that President Bush favors.

The Senate bill, which passed on a bipartisan vote earlier this year, calls for tougher border enforcement; penalties against employers who hire illegal immigrants; a new guest worker program; and a shot at citizenship for most of the estimated 12 million immigrants in the country illegally.

Many House Republicans have denounced the legislation as an amnesty bill, although Bush disputes that. Prospects for a compromise along the lines proposed by the president appear remote.

The Republican-controlled House passed its own bill a year ago largely along party lines. Its focus is increased security at the borders.

In an interview, Hastert said he is ready to formally appoint negotiators to discuss a compromise with the Senate, but he added that he is determined to focus first on cracking down on illegal immigration.

"Before you get a bigger picture you've got to solve the problem, and the problem is the border," he said.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

meeting

I hope this is appropriate. I came across this info. Spread the word to anyone you know that lives in Illinois near Elgin/near Chicago? I'm going to email our mayor and police chief and ask that they send a representative.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    We will be showing a video at the Illinois Minuteman Meeting at 6:45 pm.
    July 31st 2006 Monday in Elgin Illinois.

The video was made in Pecatonica Illinois When Sheriff Daniel Beck and Police Chief Garrett Chamberlain spoke. It will teach us about what can be done through the Federal programs that have been created for local laws enforcement, for interior enforcement of immigration laws.

We will meet at the
    American Legion
    820 Liberty Ave
    Elgin Illinois

I hope you can join us.

Rosanna Pulido
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is great but I hope he doesn't forget that the problem also lies with the employers.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    One person in Illinois that isn't bought off yet. Thank heavens.
    CRAZY
    wish I could agree with you but .....

Hastert was the one who pushed CAFTA through when no one was looking. He has a habit of caving not long after gw has those little private sit-downs with him----almost EVERY TIME. Seems that those sit-downs in the WH are planning sessions, at least that's what the results would suggest.

ALSO, Hastert's brother or family member has an investment of some sort in the NASCO super highway.

Sorry, CRAZY but we need to know this stuff.

Hastert remains an enigma to me. As much as I want to believe what he is saying something doesn't quite feel right to me. I hate to be negative but I too remain somewhat skeptical of Hastert. He has a good voting record on immigration legal or otherwise so maybe this is not fair. Call it paranoid or just a feeling but something about Hastert has me a little concerned.

"I've always said you need to build a fence on the border and you need to have military. There are places the military can help, especially the National Guard."
    Sounds good to me. Let's get the troops on the border right now!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

I really don't know much about him because I've not been interested in politics much, till now. I haven't been here that long and to be honest....all I see is corruption everywhere I turn. After writing so many e-mails and such...he and my rep. Weller, are the only 2 who have responded that aren't willing to sell their soul to illegals and Mexico in particular. Both Senators are 100% pro-illegal all the way down the line. I've had it listening to Guitereze or whatever his name is and seeing his sorry butt at all the rallys. There's another rep that can't wait to get em all driving and as sad as it is......Chicago is a sanctuary city which basicly boils down to so is the rest of atleast the northern part of the state. So...on THIS issue.....that's been the only ray of hope for those of us who are here. I don't particularily care for him either but it's the house that's not caving and I'm gonna give them a big who-ha and a pat on the back if they support our issue of illegal immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I really don't know much about him because I've not been interested in politics much, till now. I haven't been here that long and to be honest....all I see is corruption everywhere I turn. After writing so many e-mails and such...he and my rep. Weller, are the only 2 who have responded that aren't willing to sell their soul to illegals and Mexico in particular. Both Senators are 100% pro-illegal all the way down the line. I've had it listening to Guitereze or whatever his name is and seeing his sorry butt at all the rallys. There's another rep that can't wait to get em all driving and as sad as it is......Chicago is a sanctuary city which basicly boils down to so is the rest of atleast the northern part of the state. So...on THIS issue.....that's been the only ray of hope for those of us who are here. I don't particularily care for him either but it's the house that's not caving and I'm gonna give them a big who-ha and a pat on the back if they support our issue of illegal immigration.
    We all know how you feel, CRAZY. Most of us are in the same leaky boat.

We just need to keep our eyes open for their sneaky stuff so we can head them off at the pass, so to speak.

If we can keep Hastert's feet to the fire, we just might force him to stand his ground and do the right thing.

And, yup, that Gutierrez is a real thorn in the side - sorry butt.
    You're not alone, CRAZY! We're with you.

Thanks.....this politics business is......gee....don't know what to call it. Insane? Crooked? Like keeping a dozen balls in the air with one hand tied behind my back. You are right.....you have to keep your eye on the ball.....all 100 of em.