Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Help in locating chain migration figures

While getting ready for work yesterday morning, I heard part of a comment on Fox news. I can't recall whether it was from anchor or guest, but the subject was amnesty. The gist of it was that given the lack of restrictions on chain migration/family reunification, for EACH legalization under amnesty, there could conceivably be 273(or something like that) MORE citizens, which would include both immediate and all extended family members. I'm not sure where that figure came from, and I've been unable to locate further information on forums and news sites. It wasn't part of the Heritage Foundation figures released.

If anyone can shed some light on this, please do so. If anyone has posted this info. on ALIPAC, let me know where it is. If true, it's certainly a horrifying prospect and the information needs to be circulated widely.

I know NumberUSA has posted several Representatives who are endorsing legislation to stop chain migration.

You should check their site out.

Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.)
    Rep. Mica Supports Bill to End Chain Migration

Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.) has become the seventeenth Member of Congress to co-sponsor H.R. 938, The Nuclear Family Priority Act, which would eliminate the policy that has been most responsible for immigration quadrupling from around 250,000 a year in the 1950s and 1960s to more than one million a year since 1990. Under chain migration, distant relatives well outside an immigrant’s basic family unit take priority over husbands, wives, parents and minor children.

If you agree with reinstating traditional immigration and want to reduce the chances of terrorists slipping past overworked immigration officials, click here to send a fax to your Representative asking him/her to join Rep. Mica in co-sponsoring The Nuclear Family Priority Act.

Republican Senators/White
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, CCUSA. I'm on their mailing list and have sent every fax I've been notified is available.

I'll check into Mica. I want to know who released this figure. If, in fact, it's true, it needs to be out there, just like the facts about SS totalization. I'm guessing few Americans have a clue what sheer numbers figure into this looming disaster.

Banned
    Saki, yes, I have seen the figure of more than 200 "family members" being sponsored over time through chain migration. I can well imagine this as one person brings in their immediate family, plus brothers and sisters and all of their family, and those family members want to bring their relatives, and on and on. In fact, someone on TV, perhaps Lou Dobbs or Glenn Beck, mentioned this again in the past couple days.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)