Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hey guys wake up!

This is MSM code for we're winning.

he said, referring to the fact that only seven GOP senators supported a move to free the bill from limbo last week.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (news, bio, voting record), D-Nev., that it is up to Bush and the Republicans to produce enough votes to revive a measure that was sidetracked on the Senate floor last week. "We'll move on to immigration when they have their own act together," he told reporters during the day.

"Fourteen percent of the Republicans supporting the president's bill won't do the trick," he said, referring to the fact that only seven GOP senators supported a move to free the bill from limbo last week.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070612/ap_ ... mmigration

Reid has no clue that the Democratic party is going down in 2008. They certainly have underestimated the will of the people, and they will take the fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Reid has no clue that the Democratic party is going down in 2008. They certainly have underestimated the will of the people, and they will take the fall for it.
    America voted the Dems in for change last year. All the Dems have done is play politics and try to pass non-binding resolutions.

To quote Eddie Murphy: "What have you done for me lately"

The answer is nothing. The Dems will feel the heat the Republicans did last time around. Supporting Bush's grand scamnesty won't help bring votes from their base either...

Please don't think I'm being a holier than thou jerk but do you guys realize what this means?

The President struck out on the hill today.

Reid is saying he won't pull this pig out of the closet until you show me the votes (the 14% of Republican votes they have now isn't enough).

There probably are no more votes.

The Senators and the President are now talking about enforcement first (15 billion worth) to build some credibility with the American people.

That means, we win!?

I thought Reid was trying to pass the buck because he realized he had screwed up badly.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

You all notice the Queen, Nancy Pelosi has kept her big mouth shut.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    Please don't think I'm being a holier than thou jerk but do you guys realize what this means?

Reid is saying we won't pull this pig out of the closet until you show me the votes (the 14% of Republican votes they have now isn't enough).

The Senators and the President are now talking about enforcement first (15 billion worth) to build some credibility with the American people.

That means, we win!?
    In my eyes we have won a battle, not the war. I am ecstatic about our win, but in my life I've learned to be a pessimistic optimist. Whats tha mean? Enjoy the win but keep your eye on the enemy and anticipate whats around the next corner. Don't expect your enemy to lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by duece212
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign

Reid is saying we won't pull this pig out of the closet until you show me the votes (the 14% of Republican votes they have now isn't enough).

That means, we win!?
    In my eyes we have won a battle, not the war. I am ecstatic about our win, but in my life I've learned to be a pessimistic optimist. Whats tha mean? Enjoy the win but keep your eye on the enemy and anticipate whats around the next corner. Don't expect your enemy to lie down.
    Bush and his corporate lobbyists are the real enemy of America. Let's hope that no more Bush's are ever allowed to be in such high positions again.

That is fabulous news !!!!! But I don't trust Bush as far as I can throw him. I know in my heart, he will try to cram this thing through hidden in some other type of legislation.

18 months can't go by fast enough for me !!!! I cannot wait until he is out of office.

There is more wrangling going on as we speak but this is a victory that shows how effective we really are and that there is very good reason to keep fighting...hard.