Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HIGH COURT WON'T HEAR MOHAWK APPEAL

http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/680/p ... 86157.html

High court won’t hear Mohawk appeal

02/27/07
    By Diane Wagner, Staff Writer
    Respond to this story
    Email this story to a friend

Click here to view the latest U.S. District Court ruling.

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to intervene in a class-action racketeering lawsuit filed against Calhoun-based Mohawk Industries.

The decision returns the case for trial in U.S. District Court, Rome, where the suit was filed in January 2004.

Four hourly employees are accusing the carpet and floor-covering company of hiring illegal immigrants in an effort to drive down wages for its legal workers.

They are asking the court to stop the alleged illegal-hiring practice and to award triple damages under the federal and state Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations acts.

The company has denied the charges — and gained dismissals of claims that it received “unjust enrichment” from savings on wages and workers compensations.

But both U.S. District Court Judge Harold Murphy and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals denied Mohawk’s request for dismissal of the RICO charges.

With the Supreme Court declining to review those decisions, it clears the way for the 3-year-old civil case to resume.

The petitioners — Shirley Williams, Lora Sisson, Gale Pelfrey and Bonnie Jones — are represented by attorney John Floyd of the Atlanta law firm Bondurant Mixson & Elmore LLC.

“The case now proceeds on its merits,” Floyd said. “We can begin discovery and, hopefully, move forward on certification of the (class-action status).”

Attorneys for Mohawk, in Calhoun and Washington D.C., could not be reached for comment Monday afternoon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was about to order flooring when the salesperson told me it was made by Mohawk. I cancelled the order and called Mohawk, where a customer service agent admitted to me that, while the office workers were American, about half the manufacturing plant was illegals. I told her to tell her company that I would gladly have paid more for flooring from a company that employed LEGAL Americans, I cancelled my order of several thousand dollars due to the fact that they employ ILLEGAL ALIENS.

That is just great, NotGoingToTakeItAnymore! Your attitude is right on!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope that Tyson is paying attention.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope the lawsuits are going to pile up across America. Hungry lawyers are going to look for all displaced American workers in America and ask for class action suits.