Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hillsboro couple have 1st (Anchor?)baby for 08 in metro area

So much for assimilation!

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews ... st_ba.html

Maria Martinez and Jose Valadez were at home in Hillsboro, making tamales and preparing to celebrate New Year's Eve. They wound up celebrating -- just not the way they were planning.

Instead of ringing in the new year with dinner, the couple welcomed a daughter, Ximena, who made her debut at 12:02 a.m. New Year's Day at Tuality Community Hospital in Hillsboro.

Martinez's due date was Jan. 17, so Ximena was a bit ahead of schedule. But the young lady's timing was good: According to hospital reports, Ximena was the first baby born in the Portland metro area in 2008.

If the attention today was bothering Ximena, you couldn't tell. The dark-haired, soft-cheeked bundle was holding up well in light of sudden celebrity. Wrapped in a white blanket and snoozing peacefully, Ximena's only comment was an occasional tiny sneeze.

Martinez, 25, a homemaker, and Valadez, 28, a nursery worker, originally hail from Michoacan state in Mexico. They have been living in Hillsboro for about four years. They talked about their New Year's baby with the help of a Tuality Community Hospital interpreter, Bel Mejia.

Ximena, who weighed in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces, is the couple's second daughter, joining sister Karen, 3. Valadez was suspecting his new child would be a boy -- until Ximena showed up.

What does he think of his new daughter? "Muy bonita," he said, as Mejia translated: "She's very beautiful."

As for Martinez, "she's very happy," if tired, Mejia said. She delivered Ximena naturally, or "with pain," as Mejia translated.

Ximena wasn't the only new Oregonian greeting 2008. At OHSU Hospital, a boy was born at 12:07 a.m., and at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, a girl was born at 12:09 a.m.

The first baby in Vancouver waited awhile to make an entrance. A girl was born at 1:05 a.m. at Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital.

-- Kristi Turnquist;
    kristiturnquist@news.oregonian.com
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Great..

GREAT!!!
    Another Freeloader
    Deport Now - Get your useless invading rearend out of my country!

Re: Great..

Quote Originally Posted by Amercitizen
    GREAT!!!
    Another Freeloader
    DUDE!! do you have a BIG photo of you avatar? Does that guy really have only three huge teeth!!!! Sorry I saw that and had to comment.

.. and I wonder who paid for the delivery of this anchor baby. I also wonder who will pay for all the appointments and care.. hmmm, I am just so curious...

Anchors Away! I wonder if the reporter can possible try a little harder to glorify and gloat over this anchor baby even more than he/she already has. I never realized a nursery worker could support three people on a single income. No doubt that this little (American) anchor will soon be bringing in welfare, foodstamps, and housing aid, all subsidized by hard working Americans.

The irony is that I'm a college graduate who has been to graduate school and yet I can not afford to even have one child, but a nursery worker from Mexico is doing it on a single income while his wife remains at home.

Now that's the American Dream!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That article made me nauseous.

NOT ONCE was it mentioned that this freeloading family is probably in our country illegally, and that they an anchor baby!

I posted a comment to the blog, but I got a message saying it is being "held for review" by the blog editor. It will be interesting to see if they post my comment.

PLEASE everybody, register to post a comment and let them know how you feel about this anchor baby.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Sorry to disappoint you, but educated, working, your on your own!
    What YOU cannot afford, is not a problem for them, since Uncle Sam, is paying the way.......the nursery worker, has no worries, since his wife has been on aid from the beginning of her pregnancy, now they add another little one to increase their monthly aid, but more than likely she has been on aid since the first one, the three year old.

Isn't America wonderful? We support illegal aliens, put up with foreign nations telling us what to do with their "immigrants", and that is not to send them back! Keep'em here and keep'em sending the dollars, though some are disappointed our dollar has sunk so low.........oh boo hoo.
    Perhaps its because we are also supporting their country in so many ways, as well as having them drain us locally, by their use of services and aide. But what the heck, they aren't worrying, its not their concern, you are an illegal foreign national. Its not your taxdollar at work or paying the tab. While they "whistle while they work", the American taxpayer is wondering when the budget will go bust!

aggghhhhhhhh !!!!!!

GET THAT f'N DISGUSTING, SCARY
    PIC OF HILLARY
    OFF UR AVATAR!!
    PLEASE

My God - I followed the link and they even have a picture of the illegal family gloating over their newest anchor employee, er I mean baby.
    I'm sure the three year old has been working hard bringing in every type of aid the government will give them.

Move over americangirl, my stomach really does feel nauseous now....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Utah's first born was also an anchor baby. This is insane!

I believe Texas was also...I wouldn't doubt if 50 illegals were born, one in every state on new years, shy not the odds are against us...so much for an American tradition, they just shot the hell out of that!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast