Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

My brother works for a major concrete company up in Washington. They work on all sorts of contracts, including dock resurfacing for the Navy.

As a foreman, he has to deal with all sorts of issues, he also works on the crane often. One day, he told me, he was moving some stuff with the crane, and as he turned and went to swing his load around, there stood a guy, right in the way, he motioned and yelled to move, but the guy, Hispanic, knew NO English and just smiled and waved at him.

My brother, not one to shrink back from showing his frustration, after this guy would not move because he did not know what he was yelling at him from the crane, stepped out of the crane walked over, started asking if he knew English, the guy said "no habla Inglis".

My brother stomped over to the bosses mobile office, slammed his hand down and said "get rid of all the damn foreigners that can't speak English, they are eventually going to get themselves killed." He then chewed out the boss for hiring these people and having them on a dangerous job site, just for saving a few bucks. He then said, "I better not see ONE of these guys in my area tomorrow".

The next day, all the workers who knew no English were gone. He then found out from a legal Hispanic worker that none of these guys were here illegally. This same guy said he was glad that my brother had chewed out the boss and the illegals were gone, he was afraid that if they stayed, he could be replaced by one of them for cheaper.

My brother was doubly angry at this point, as this company gets government contracts with the Navy.

He takes crews on jobs out of state often and told the boss that he will not manage a crew like that for him, if any of his workers cannot speak English, or have not been checked out to be legal immigrants.

He told me that that guy could have been killed had he not seen him, and they have signs up showing it is a crane zone and to either watch out or stay away when it is in operation, but this guy walked right into his path because he could not read the sign.

It is ALL about personal responsibility in knowing the language, and if they come here with no intentions to learn, and think they can just glide by and have everyone else accommodate them, then one of them gets themselves hurt, maimed or killed in the process, they think blaming us is somehow right....NO I don't think so.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE

My brother works for a major concrete company up in Washington. They work on all sorts of contracts, including dock resurfacing for the Navy.

As a foreman, he has to deal with all sorts of issues, he also works on the crane often. One day, he told me, he was moving some stuff with the crane, and as he turned and went to swing his load around, there stood a guy, right in the way, he motioned and yelled to move, but the guy, Hispanic, knew NO English and just smiled and waved at him.

My brother, not one to shrink back from showing his frustration, after this guy would not move because he did not know what he was yelling at him from the crane, stepped out of the crane walked over, started asking if he knew English, the guy said "no habla Inglis".

My brother stomped over to the bosses mobile office, slammed his hand down and said "get rid of all the damn foreigners that can't speak English, they are eventually going to get themselves killed." He then chewed out the boss for hiring these people and having them on a dangerous job site, just for saving a few bucks. He then said, "I better not see ONE of these guys in my area tomorrow".

The next day, all the workers who knew no English were gone. He then found out from a legal Hispanic worker that none of these guys were here illegally. This same guy said he was glad that my brother had chewed out the boss and the illegals were gone, he was afraid that if they stayed, he could be replaced by one of them for cheaper.

My brother was doubly angry at this point, as this company gets government contracts with the Navy.

He takes crews on jobs out of state often and told the boss that he will not manage a crew like that for him, if any of his workers cannot speak English, or have not been checked out to be legal immigrants.

He told me that that guy could have been killed had he not seen him, and they have signs up showing it is a crane zone and to either watch out or stay away when it is in operation, but this guy walked right into his path because he could not read the sign.

It is ALL about personal responsibility in knowing the language, and if they come here with no intentions to learn, and think they can just glide by and have everyone else accommodate them, then one of them gets themselves hurt, maimed or killed in the process, they think blaming us is somehow right....NO I don't think so.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Possible Voting Tomorrow Busy Time Today , EVERYONE

Sotomayor could get Graham endorsement
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-926360.html#926360
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Possible Voting Tomorrow Busy Time Today , EVERYONE

Sotomayor could get Graham endorsement
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-926360.html#926360
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've posted the following many times in the hope that someone from the good state of New York will read it and get angry enough to raise some hell about it. I will post it on the USA Today website as well...

My husband was hired as an account rep for concrete contractor in Pennsylvania, who assigned him the additional responsibility of chairing the safety committee (in case anyone is unsure, the sole purpose of this committee was to reduce the cost of insurance). This was a monumental task for my English only speaking spouse, as most of the workers were illegal immigrants, and spoke only Spanish. When he complained about the complete inability to communicate safety information to them, he was told to just get their signatures on the documentation which indicates that they understood the safety practices they were being taught (my husband refused, and left the company shortly thereafter). Not only was the owner well aware that they were illegal immigrants, he couldn’t care less what happened to them.

One of the products/services the company offered was Rubberwall waterproofing spray-on shield for the purpose of waterproofing basements in the initial stage of construction. All the Rubberwall literature stressed the importance of applying the product in an open, well ventilated area, as the material and technique involved in this process is both toxic to humans and EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE!

On June 6, 2006, three of these illegal employees, none of whom spoke a word of English, traveled to New York to apply the rubberwall waterproofing shield to a small pool inside the finished basement of a rich man’s home. It was a completely enclosed environment, trapping the flammable fumes in the enclosed area. As the employees were packing up after the job was finished, something went terribly wrong. Somehow a spark was created as they were putting their tools away and KABOOM!

One of the men was literally burned to a crisp and died instantly. He was unrecognizable, so identification was made through the process of elimination. One escaped with serious burns over his arms, hands, face, and torso, but did eventually recover most of his physical function, (his memory I’m told will be faulty from this point on). The third however, spent many months in a hyperbaric (spelling?) chamber in a hospital in New York, thankfully in a deep coma, until his death several months later.

The end result of OSHA’s investigation? No harm, no foul. And while the good citizen’s of the land of New York will foot the bill for the millions of dollars (low guesstimate) to pay for the emergency services, police, fire, rescue, and the hospital costs for the unfortunate fellow who lingered for several months in a coma, the owner of the company was slapped with a $5,000.00 fine (I’m not really sure what the excuse was for this travesty).

Of all the things that bother me about this, what irks me the most (aside from the tragic loss of life), is that our government is complicate in these crimes. Americans have lost not only their livelihoods, but the standards of safety in the workplace that were fought so hard for. And now these interlopers, whose illegal presence is this country has caused this erosion of our workplace safety standards as well as our quality of life, now want to join hands with us and fight side by side for “our rights.â€
    <div>
    </div>

I've posted the following many times in the hope that someone from the good state of New York will read it and get angry enough to raise some hell about it. I will post it on the USA Today website as well...

My husband was hired as an account rep for concrete contractor in Pennsylvania, who assigned him the additional responsibility of chairing the safety committee (in case anyone is unsure, the sole purpose of this committee was to reduce the cost of insurance). This was a monumental task for my English only speaking spouse, as most of the workers were illegal immigrants, and spoke only Spanish. When he complained about the complete inability to communicate safety information to them, he was told to just get their signatures on the documentation which indicates that they understood the safety practices they were being taught (my husband refused, and left the company shortly thereafter). Not only was the owner well aware that they were illegal immigrants, he couldn’t care less what happened to them.

One of the products/services the company offered was Rubberwall waterproofing spray-on shield for the purpose of waterproofing basements in the initial stage of construction. All the Rubberwall literature stressed the importance of applying the product in an open, well ventilated area, as the material and technique involved in this process is both toxic to humans and EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE!

On June 6, 2006, three of these illegal employees, none of whom spoke a word of English, traveled to New York to apply the rubberwall waterproofing shield to a small pool inside the finished basement of a rich man’s home. It was a completely enclosed environment, trapping the flammable fumes in the enclosed area. As the employees were packing up after the job was finished, something went terribly wrong. Somehow a spark was created as they were putting their tools away and KABOOM!

One of the men was literally burned to a crisp and died instantly. He was unrecognizable, so identification was made through the process of elimination. One escaped with serious burns over his arms, hands, face, and torso, but did eventually recover most of his physical function, (his memory I’m told will be faulty from this point on). The third however, spent many months in a hyperbaric (spelling?) chamber in a hospital in New York, thankfully in a deep coma, until his death several months later.

The end result of OSHA’s investigation? No harm, no foul. And while the good citizen’s of the land of New York will foot the bill for the millions of dollars (low guesstimate) to pay for the emergency services, police, fire, rescue, and the hospital costs for the unfortunate fellow who lingered for several months in a coma, the owner of the company was slapped with a $5,000.00 fine (I’m not really sure what the excuse was for this travesty).

Of all the things that bother me about this, what irks me the most (aside from the tragic loss of life), is that our government is complicate in these crimes. Americans have lost not only their livelihoods, but the standards of safety in the workplace that were fought so hard for. And now these interlopers, whose illegal presence is this country has caused this erosion of our workplace safety standards as well as our quality of life, now want to join hands with us and fight side by side for “our rights.â€
    <div>
    </div>

Don't hire people who don't speak, read and write English or have less than a high school education

and this problem will go away all by it's self.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Don't hire people who don't speak, read and write English or have less than a high school education

and this problem will go away all by it's self.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

AE

melena, this is far from the first devastating stories as yours, that we hear of, and almost always, invariably, involves illegal alien employees who cannot read English, or even read for that matter, and injure, maim or kill themselves or others, and damage property.

My mother works in a dry cleaners, and the majority of the employees are illegal aliens. I fear one day there will be a mistake made by one of the people who work with the chemicals, and something terrible will happen down there.

AE

melena, this is far from the first devastating stories as yours, that we hear of, and almost always, invariably, involves illegal alien employees who cannot read English, or even read for that matter, and injure, maim or kill themselves or others, and damage property.

My mother works in a dry cleaners, and the majority of the employees are illegal aliens. I fear one day there will be a mistake made by one of the people who work with the chemicals, and something terrible will happen down there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12