Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic Chamber of Commerce letter

as a member of USHCC I GOT THIS LETTER, by the way i will no longer be a member.

please read !!!

U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Disappointed by Failed Passage of Dream Act

Washington, DC - Today, the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC), issued a strong statement of disappointment at the failed vote for the Dream Act. The Dream Act failed cloture by a vote of 52-44.

"It is fundamentally unfair to punish undocumented youth for decisions made by adults many years ago. By failing to pass the DREAM Act, our Senate has chosen not to legally recognize children that committed no crime other than obey their parents," said USHCC Chairman David C. Lizarraga. "We are deeply disappointed with those Senators that decided to punish children for the acts of their parents, which were motivated by economic need. In addition, we are equally dismayed that the Administration would claim this bill as an "amnesty." Those are generally the claims of anti-immigrant advocates and are uncharacteristic to a President that has been otherwise supportive on immigration reform."

The Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM Act) is bipartisan legislation sponsored in the Senate by Richard Durbin (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Richard Lugar (R-IN) - and in the House by Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL), Howard Berman (D-CA), and Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA) - that addresses the situation faced by young people who were brought to the U.S. as undocumented immigrant children, but who have since grown up in the U.S. educational system.

"These young people living in the United States should be given the opportunity to pursue higher education and participate in our society, a society they call home." said USHCC President and CEO Michael L. Barrera. "Our country has invested countless millions towards investing in the education of these children, and we should not throw them and this investment away. These students may very well be the next generation of entrepreneurs, innovators, and small business leaders. We cannot keep limiting valedictorians to just a high school diploma because of immigration status."

Each year, approximately 65,000 youth raised in the U.S. would qualify for the DREAM Act's benefits upon graduating from high school. Students range from honor roll status, star athletes, talented artists, homecoming queens, and aspiring teachers, doctors, and U.S. soldiers. They are young people who have lived in the U.S. for most of their lives and desire only to call this country their home. Even though they were brought to the U.S. years ago as children, they face unique barriers to higher education, are unable to work legally in the U.S., and often live in constant fear of detection by immigration authorities.

Ten states across the country have established laws that allow those without a legal status to pay in-state tuition for their education at colleges and universities. However, it is still very difficult for students to complete their post-secondary education without any financial aid. The few that do beat the odds and manage to earn a Bachelor's or Master's degree, are currently stuck without a work permit or an avenue that would adjust their immigration status and allow them to become the doctors, teachers, and lawyers they wish to be.

###

About the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
    Founded in 1979, the USHCC actively promotes the economic growth and development of Hispanic entrepreneurs and represents the interests of more than two million Hispanic-owned businesses in the United States, which earn more than $350 billion annually. It also serves as the umbrella organization for 200 local Hispanic chambers in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico.

#########

Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information about the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, please visit the USHCC Web page at http://www.ushcc.com/about on USHCC’s information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of release, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact USHCC’s Communications Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.ushcc.com/contact.html.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY TO THEIR LETTER :

As a Latino I am very happy that the Dream act did not pass . what gives this people the right to a free ticket ?? i paid my dues to be here in this Great country, no one gave anything . i paid my own way , why do you support illegals that are trying to free load the system, i pay taxes i want my money used for those that deserve to be helped, those students should go back to their country of origin to ask their goverments for assistance , enough is enough , you need to get real !!!

This makes no sense at all !!!

A proud legal immigrant !!
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

MW
    Thank you, redwhiteandbluelatino!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We don't need not stinkin 'Hispanic' Chamber of Commerce. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce serves all ethnic groups. What's next? the U.S. Chinese Chamber of Commerce, or the U.S. Islamic Chamber of Commerce?..friggin ridiculous!

This 'chamber' of commerce's letter is just as biased than anything else I've seen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for posting the article!!

Nothing new in the letter, it's just more of the same old, tired arguments which are falling upon deaf ears and nobody cares to hear it anymore.

The majority of the illegals this would have benefited are not children at all, nor are they law abiding, morally upstanding, and of high intelligence.

The few students who are exceptional, potential entrepenuers, innovators, and all of those other warm fuzzy things need to return to their home countries. That is where they are needed if conditions are ever to improve.

If they have been here so long that they are Amercanized, so what? Let them go to their countries and try Americanizing those places. After all, we've put up with them trying to Latinize this country long enough. Fair is only fair.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)