Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic Dems warn Obama he risks losing Latinos

Hispanic Dems warn Obama he risks losing Latinos
    By Jared Allen
    Posted: 06/11/08 07:48 PM [ET]

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) must commit to helping illegal immigrants achieve citizenship or else risk losing the vital Latino vote in the general election, Hispanic Democratic lawmakers are warning.

If he does not promise so-called comprehensive immigration reform, the lawmakers say, the only other way to win over Hispanic supporters of his erstwhile rival, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), may be to pick her as his running mate.

Obama’s National Latino Vote Director, [b][color=red]Cuauhtemoc “Temoâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) must commit to helping illegal immigrants achieve citizenship or else risk losing the vital Latino vote in the general election, Hispanic Democratic lawmakers are warning.

If he does not promise so-called comprehensive immigration reform, the lawmakers say, the only other way to win over Hispanic supporters of his erstwhile rival, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), may be to pick her as his running mate.

Not to mention that Obama's Hispandering is losing him votes among citizens and registered voters. Promising amnesty is risky business.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    All voters are supposed to be Americans first and foremost. To heck with those, especially politicians, who persist in creating a racial divide!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

An empty threat as they are saying the same to McCain What they seem to forget is there are many more US citizens (hispanic and non-hispanic) who are against illegal immigration, than there are those who are for them.

There is NO way I would vote for a man who tells me (actually his WIFE tells me) that I have to give up more so others can have more. Hell NO! I worked hard to get where I am and I already pay too much in taxes and insurance. Plus I don't want my money to be used to support illegal aliens.
    "

All voters are supposed to be Americans first and foremost. To heck with those, especially politicians, who persist in creating a racial divide!
    Exactly. Exactly what is so different and special in the hispanic community, beyond the fact probably over half are here illegally, that makes them so special or different than any other group of people here?

[quote]But Latinos are brand-loyal, and after the Clinton brand, the McCain brand is the second-strongest among Latinos because of his military service and his immigration record,â€

If Obama commits and pushes hard for "comprehensive immigration reform" (i.e. mass amnesty for millions of IAs), he risks alienating large blocks of other voters. And we will hold his feet to the fire on this, as well as McCain's.

Hey all,
    I liked all of the comments. I think we all share the feeling of disenfranchisement when our candidates spend so much time catering to 10% of the vote, while ignoring the masses.

That's why it is important to push immigration to the forefront and keep it there. The candidates know they can't publicly pander to illegals if the public is aware of how huge a problem illegal immigration has become.

They're all walking the tightrope now between our votes and theirs only because the MSM refuses to bring up the topic. If we can pressure it to the forefront again, they'll listen to us, if only for one more election cycle.

So keep those faxes, phone calls, and e-mails flooding their way. They cannot ignore the masses forever!

Here's alittle information....only 10 % of all registered voters, voted in the primarys...so if they are using statistics from the total of voters who voted in the primary...."30% of the 10%" isn't going to mean crap in the General Election....But then this is the "Pew" so what can you expect.

Latino voters comprised 30 percent of California Democratic primary voters, an increase of 17 percent from 2004. In Texas, the number of Latinos voting in the Democratic primary rose 8 percent, to 32 percent of the electorate, according to the Pew Hispanic Center.

>>ACTION ALERT 6/12<<
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION ON NC. CAROLINA
    INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-702279.html#702279
    Join Immigration Enforcement Groups for Historic Rally in Raleigh on June 18
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-119113.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Why would he be worried since most of them don't vote or can't vote anyway??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast