Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic immigrants fear deportation

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs ... 20311/1019

By SUZAN CLARKE
    THE JOURNAL NEWS
    (Original publication: May 22, 2005)

Rumors that immigration authorities are conducting sweeps of illegal immigrants in Rockland after a recent slaying have many undocumented laborers afraid to leave their homes.

Although Immigration and Customs Enforcement, part of the Department of Homeland Security, has denied conducting any operations in Rockland this month, heightened fear of the agency known in some Spanish-speaking communities as "la migra" has kept many off the streets and inside their homes.

"I have my kids. How am I going to take care of my children?" asked Sandra Tenas, a Guatemalan mother of two who lives in Spring Valley. "I am so afraid. I ask God to clear this up."

The fear of arrest â€â€

They have been doing major immigration sweeps up there in recent years. Espically in Spring Valley (as stated in the article). Its amazing how many illegals they have up in Rockland. They have even caught Hispanic illegal immigrants way up in the Adirondacks and by Buffalo. I know from my family ski trips that the Catskills has a large Pakistani population that run almost every hotel and motel in the area.

"I have my kids. How am I going to take care of my children?" asked Sandra Tenas
    Take care of them in Guatemala.

The fear of arrest -- coupled with what many perceive to be anti-immigrant sentiment
    Wrong. It is anti-ILLEGAL immigrant sentiment.

"Are we forgetting how our families came?" asked Rojas, who is of Italian-Irish ancestry and whose husband is from Mexico.
    I don't think they snuck into the country illegally--or can't you tell the difference?

"I'm ashamed of the county, that people are calling and asking businesspeople not if their workers have been background-checked but if they're Hispanic."
    I am PROUD that more and more people are cracking down on illegals.

"In World War II, my parents were interned in the camps, so I see how quickly people can turn against an ethnic group, particularly in this time when people have fears about terror," she said.
    Ridiculous. People are turning against ILLEGALS.

"White people in the county are afraid of people, of immigrants of another color. This legislation is really feeding into their fears and is making the lives of undocumented immigrants more miserable," she said.
    Complete BS. Illegal immigrants have no right to be in this country.
    They are welcome to LEAVE if they don't like the way we do things--like enforcing our laws.

"What would this country do one week without immigrants?" Tenas asked
    We would do fine, thank you.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Hold on............

I have got to go find my violin!

To bad, so sad! Oh, by the way, plumbers make GOOD money, or at least they used to. So did painters, roofers, dry wallers, all jobs that AMERICANS did!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

The lady Tenas said "my husband is a plumber sometimes and comes home with that stench on his shoes, how many Americans are going to do that work?"

You silly self-centered whiny woman....who do you think did it before your husband stole their job?

My uncle is a plumber. The plumbers that work on my home and my industrial facility here in North Carolina are ALL American.

All the plumbers that worked on my home in Philadelphia were ALL American.

All the plumbers that worked on my home and my families homes and properties in my home state of Missouri were ALL American.

All the plumbers that worked on my home when I lived in Delaware were ALL American.

All YOUR HUSBAND has done, Maam, is steal jobs and small business opportunities from AMERICANS!!

Take that stench your whining about along with your brood and GET OUT!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Hispanic immigrants fear deportation

[quote="Husker"]http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050522/NEWS03/505220311/1019

By SUZAN CLARKE
    THE JOURNAL NEWS
    (Original publication: May 22, 2005)

Rumors that immigration authorities are conducting sweeps of illegal immigrants in Rockland after a recent slaying have many undocumented laborers afraid to leave their homes.

Sixx says: Be afraid, be very afraid

"I have my kids. How am I going to take care of my children?" asked Sandra Tenas, a Guatemalan mother of two who lives in Spring Valley. "I am so afraid. I ask God to clear this up."

Sixx says: Take your kids, dogs, house plants and run, don't walk, back to Guatemala. Oh, God is clearing it up, Senorita

The fear of arrest â€â€
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN