Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic Paper Prints Pic. and Map to Sen. Chip Rogers House

http://www.wxia.com/news/news_article.a ... ryid=77664

Senator: Newspaper 'Crossed Line'

A controversial measure under the Gold Dome, dealing with illegal workers in Georgia, is causing an huge uproar after a local Hispanic newspaper published a story about the bill’s author on Wednesday.

Senate Bill 529 has no shortage of angry critics, who feel the measures unfairly targets members of the state’s rapidly growing Hispanic community -- many of whom are now afraid to send their children to school or to seek medical attention.

Senator Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock) is the lawmaker behind the bill, which would penalize companies using illegal workers.

“They've called me a racist, they call me anti-Christian, they say I hate children, they've used every name in the book to try to intimidate me and stop me from what the people clearly want me to do," Rogers said.

Now Rogers and many of his colleagues are furious about an article that appeared on Wednesday in a Hispanic newspaper.

The story itself was run-of-the-mill. But it was the picture of his house, and the map showing exactly how to get there that was the problem.

“To take a picture of my house, and to put a map on the front of the paper to try and intimidate me to stop this is beyond any responsible journalism," said Rogers.

Even Rogers' political opponents in the Senate agree, the article was over the line.

“In my case, I’ve certainly been the subject of many, many serious threats. So when Senator Rogers felt some sensitivity about having his home published on a website, I responded. I agreed with him,” said Senator Sam Zamarripa (D-Atlanta)

Zamarippa has asked the publisher to pull the article.

“I don't know if we have any legal recourse, but I would hope that the citizens of this state would recognize that those who want to profit off the use of illegal aliens for labor would stop at nothing to continue to profit," Rogers said.

11Alive News has honored Senator Rogers’ request not to name the newspaper, citing concerns for his family’s safety and the availability of the map.

Despite repeated attempts for comment, the paper's publisher, so far, has not responded.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

OK,

It's time for ALIPAC to get back down to GA today!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need to SLAM THIS PAPER

Folks, the LINE WAS CROSSED, just as it was then the Latino's threatened the children of Minutemen in Maryland. Take a slam, and slam this News paper with your OUTRAGE over their behavior...you can find there bact in this letter I found online on the issue.

Senator Zamarripa denounces the disclosure of Sen. Rogers' personal information
    Found in Letter
    Written by Senator Sam Zamarripa
    Posted on 2006-03-23

March 22, 2006

VIA FAX 404-881-6085 AND REGULAR MAIL

Lino H. Dominguez
    Director, Mundo Hispanico
    Atlanta, GA 30324-0808

Dear Mr. Dominguez:

It has been brought to my attention that your newspaper recently posted on it’s website a map with the location of the home of Senator Chip Rogers, sponsor of Senate Bill 529, the Georgia Security/Immigration Compliance Act. I believe that in the context of the impassioned public immigration debate, posting this sort of personal information is both counterproductive and dangerous.

Having received hateful threats myself, I know personally that there are extremists who desire to impose their political will with threats of violence. We should not empower these extremists by providing them with information that would allow them to make these threats into reality. If anyone disagrees with Senator Rogers’ legislation, the State Capitol is the appropriate venue to air their grievances, not Senator Rogers’ residence. Although we may disagree with one another on matters of policy, elected officials do not deserve to have their privacy violated or the safety of their families compromised.

Sincerely,

Sam Zamarripa
    State Senator District 36

cc: Senator Chip Rogers
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

The offending CRAP itself...This Paper should be CLOSED.

Mundo Hispánico visitó Woodstock
    Los latinos en el vecindario de Chip Rogers
    Aunque aparenta ser una ciudad en donde predomina la población blanca, en Woodstock la comunidad hispana se ha abierto campo en diversos sectores. ¿Cómo se afectaría el vecindario de Rogers si se aprueba su propuesta de reforma migratoria?
    Gina Espinosa / MH
    gespinosa@mundohispanico.com

A nivel oficial, en Woodstock, la contribución económica de los inmigrantes hispanos indocumentados, no existe. No hay registro de cuántos son, dónde trabajan o cuánto pagan de impuestos.
    Sin embargo, muchos empresarios en esa localidad admiten que la posible aprobación de una ley que castigaría a quienes contraten inmigrantes ilegales, afectaría seriamente a la economía local.
    Carlos Vélez es propietario de varios negocios.Uno de ellos es Woodstock Hispanic Services, que ofrece asesoría legal, traducciones y ayuda con la preparación de impuestos.
    “El 95 por ciento de las personas que pisan estas oficinas son indocumentadas. Trabajan en restaurantes, en negocios de lavado de automóviles, en tiendas, en infinidad de lugares aquí en el área”, afirmó.
    “Yo creo que muchos negocios, entre ellos nosotros, tendríamos que cerrar”, dijo.
    Vélez advirtió que, de aprobarse la ley, no sólo los negocios hispanos resultarían afectados.
    De hecho, el encargado de Woodstock Car Wash, quien se negó a dar su nombre, admitió que la aprobación de la ley provocaría el aumento en costo del servicio.
    “Porque necesitaría realizar una revisión de antecedentes a cada empleado y me dejaría sin la posibilidad de contratar a personal sólo por el día”, dijo.
    La construcción es un ramo en que se prevé uno de los mayores impactos ante la aprobación de la ley, dijo Vélez, quien también posee una empresa de servicios de pintura.
    “La gran mayoría de los trabajadores [en la construcción], yo diría un 98 por ciento, son hispanos”, indicó el mexicano.
    Por su parte, Juan Carlos Velásquez, propietario del restaurante mexicano “La Parrilla”, admitió que el panorama no es mejor en esta rama.
    La implementación de la ley lo afectaría principalmente en cuanto a falta de personal para atender el restaurante, además de una cierta disminución de su clientela.
    “Nosotros tenemos diez restaurantes mexicanos y son 400 empleados, de aquí a que todos sean legales se va a llevar tiempo y dinero”, dijo el empresario colombiano.
    El problema no es sólo pedir papeles a los empleados, sino que éstos sean auténticos, como señaló el gerente del Woodstock Car Wash.
    “Si se llegara a comprobar que algún número de seguro social es falso, yo sería procesado penalmente”, dijo.

There is a picture of his house, and a map, but it will not translate over to this board. Going to try to translate the article.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Article Translation

Not surprisingly, the translated article is poorly written and shows poor grasp of the English language, but interesting none the less...their biggest complain seems to be that Chip Rogers legislation would be bad for local business...yet, if you take a close look, seems to me, that the business that would be affected for the most part are those owned or catering to the illegals. Get rid of the illegals, the town has NO NEED for those businesses...seems simple enough to me.

THE TRANSLATION:

Hispanic world visited Woodstock The Latin Americans in the neighborhood of Chip Rogers Although pretends to be a city where dominates the white population, in Woodstock the Hispanic community has been opened field in diverse sectors. How the neighborhood would be affected of Rogers if is approved its proposal of migratory reform? Gina Thorny / MH gespinosa@mundohispanico.com

To official level, in Woodstock, the economic contribution of the Hispanic immigrants lacking identity papers, does not exist. There is not registration of how many they are, where they work or how much they pay of taxes. Nevertheless, many businessmen in that locality admit that the possible approval of a law that would punish to whom they hire illegal immigrants, would affect seriously to the local economy. Carlos Vélez is an owner of various business.one of them is Woodstock Hispanic Services, that offers legal counsel, translations and aid with the preparation of taxes. “The 95 percent of the people that step these offices they are lacking identity papers. They work in restaurants, in business of car wash, in stores, in infinity of places here in the area”, affirmed. “I believe that many business, among them we, we would have that to close”, said. Vélez notified that, to be approved the law, not only the Hispanic business they would result affected. In fact, the responsible for Woodstock Car Wash, who refused to give its name, admitted that the approval of the law would cause the increase in cost of the service. “Because it would need to carry out a revision of antecedents to each employee and would leave me without the possibility to hire to personnel only by the day”, said. The construction is a branch in which one of the greater impacts before the approval of the law is foreseen, said Vélez, who also possesses a painting services business. “The great majority of the workers [in the construction], I 98 percent would say, they are Hispanic”, indicated the Mexican. In turn, Juan Carlos Velásquez, owner of the Mexican restaurant “The Grill”, he admitted that the panorama is not better in this branch. The implementation of the law would affect it mainly as for lack of personnel to attend the restaurant, besides a certain decrease of its clientele. “We have ten Mexican restaurants and are 400 employees, from here to that all they be legal is going to carry time and money”, the Colombian businessman said. The problem is not only to ask roles to the employees, but these be authentic, like he indicated the manager of the Woodstock Car Wash. “If he came to verify that some number of social security is false, I would be processed penal”, said.

Banned
    Location of:
    Mundo Hispanico
    1929 Piedmont Circle
    Atlanta, Ga. 30324
    404-881-0441

I'm trying to figure out how to post a map of their location, but I'm technophobic.

Banned
    I just called and told them I was putting their address on the web and forwarding it to every anti-illegal group in the country.

Somebody tell me how to upload this map!

Thanks for the number, I am going to give them a little jingle
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Well, if nothing else, this has caught the attention of the entire Georgia legislature. Maybe they'll call some of their buddies in Washington, D.C. and tell them about the intimidation tactics of the illegal immigration lobby.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Location of:
    Mundo Hispanico
    1929 Piedmont Circle
    Atlanta, Ga. 30324
    404-881-0441

I'm trying to figure out how to post a map of their location, but I'm technophobic.
    How's this look?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast