Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanic Tea Party clarifies DREAM Act position

Hispanic Tea Party clarifies DREAM Act position
    themonitor.com
    Neal Morton
    The Monitor
    September 03, 2011 4:18 PM

McALLEN — A flurry of criticism from his national counterparts pushed Rev. Armando Vera, founder of the nation’s first Hispanic Tea Party, to modify his previous statements in support of a divisive immigration bill.

In July, the Pharr pastor told The Monitor his organization tries to protect the Hispanic perspectives that the more established, “Angloâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why is there a "Hispanic" Tea Party ? This is just more seperatist BS trying to appear similar to the Tea Party as a smoke screen to confuse voters. imo
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

George Rodriguez, president of the San Antonio group, and Chuck Stewart, president of the McAllen Tea Party Association, said the reverend felt his comments were translated incorrectly.
    ==========================================

This is a great example of how Mexicans REFUSE to assimilate.

Does George Rodriguez not speak English well enough to make a statement in it clearly and without confusion?

How many other Mexicans are following his example?
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hispanics

"Why is there a "Hispanic" Tea Party ? This is just more seperatist BS trying to appear similar to the Tea Party as a smoke screen to confuse voters."

I have posted many times , on a couple of sites, Hispanics, largely, have an incredibly strong loyalty to their ethnicity. They do not give way in their ethnic loyalty to their loyalty to the United States. Just as the Muslim population wants Sharia law to the exclusion of US law, so too, do the Hispanics want special consideration for those of their ethnicity.

I am of Italian/French heritage. I am proud of that. It comes in, as far as loyalty, in no way, in front of, ahead of , or even behind my loyalty to the USA. I am American. I am fortunate to be so. I owe a debt of gratitude to this country for being here. My grandparents came here via Ellis Island. They assimilated as quickly as they could.

Look at the Hispanic legislators and judges. Most, if not all, stand for their Latino heritage before any allegiance to the USA.

The early anchor babies now hold many public offices and positions in the government hierarchy and the education institutes of America. Here is the way they think:

http://www.examiner.com/civil-rights-in ... five-years

Re: Hispanic Tea Party clarifies DREAM Act position

[quote]“As Hispanics, we should find a way to help them, not by criticizing them but by proposing solutions,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Hispanics

Quote Originally Posted by misterbill
    "Why is there a "Hispanic" Tea Party ? This is just more seperatist BS trying to appear similar to the Tea Party as a smoke screen to confuse voters."

I have posted many times , on a couple of sites, Hispanics, largely, have an incredibly strong loyalty to their ethnicity. They do not give way in their ethnic loyalty to their loyalty to the United States. Just as the Muslim population wants Sharia law to the exclusion of US law, so too, do the Hispanics want special consideration for those of their ethnicity.

I am of Italian/French heritage. I am proud of that. It comes in, as far as loyalty, in no way, in front of, ahead of , or even behind my loyalty to the USA. I am American. I am fortunate to be so. I owe a debt of gratitude to this country for being here. My grandparents came here via Ellis Island. They assimilated as quickly as they could.

Look at the Hispanic legislators and judges. Most, if not all, stand for their Latino heritage before any allegiance to the USA.

The early anchor babies now hold many public offices and positions in the government hierarchy and the education institutes of America. Here is the way they think:

http://www.examiner.com/civil-rights-in ... five-years
    I stand by you on that statement..........
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Re: Hispanic Tea Party clarifies DREAM Act position

[quote="stevetheroofer"][quote]“As Hispanics, we should find a way to help them, not by criticizing them but by proposing solutions,â€
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I didnt know that the tea party was a private part.I thought that if you american citizen you could join any party you want to.I dont consider tea party a party anyway they run on republican ticket.If they want to be different than republicans then start their own tea party party.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbill
    You got that right.

[quote]In July, the Pharr pastor told The Monitor his organization tries to protect the Hispanic perspectives that the more established, “Angloâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They love this nation and have contributed already.
    The ones wearing "illegal and proud" t-shirts. Are they the ones that love this nation? Someone please tell me how they have contributed other than collecting a free education, free medical care and free welfare benefits.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast