Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hold Their Feet to the Fire 2007 Set to Bring 34 Radio Talk

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20070411/p ... igration_e

Hold Their Feet to the Fire 2007 Set to Bring 34 Radio Talk Shows and Hundreds of Listeners to Washington to Demand Immigration Enforcement

Wed Apr 11, 4:43 PM ET

To: RADIO-TELEVISION EDITORS

WASHINGTON, April 11 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As
    President Bush once again stumps for an immigration reform package that would include a massive new guest worker program and a sweeping illegal alien amnesty, 34 local and nationally syndicated radio talk show programs, along with hundreds of their listeners, are set to come to Washington the week of April 22 to demand that Congress and the Bush Administration honor past promises to secure the nation's borders and crackdown on employers who hire illegal aliens. "Hold Their Feet to the Fire 2007," organized by San Diego talk radio host Roger Hedgecock and the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), will include an historic level of talk radio hosts all in one location, representing the entire country, broadcasting from a "Radio Row" site at the Phoenix Park Hotel on Capitol Hill Monday through Wednesday while hundreds of their listeners and hundreds of FAIR activists fan out across the Capitol visiting every member of Congress. Dozens of additional talk radio programs will devote their programming that week to immigration enforcement, while thousands of citizens call or meet with their representatives' district staffs.

"Hold Their Feet to the Fire is the American public's opportunity to demonstrate their passionate belief that U.S. immigration must protect the interests of the American people, and not be given over to a bunch of cheap labor interests, or reward millions of people who have broken the law," said Dan Stein, president of FAIR. "Our constituency, which represents the views of the vast majority of Americans, are not the type who take to the streets for mass protests. But they are the type of people who vote, and this is one of a handful of issues that will determine who they vote for or against."

"Talk radio has turned into a barometer of public sentiment," observed Roger Hedgecock. "Turn on a radio anywhere from my home base in San Diego to Maine, and you are guaranteed to hear the voices of ordinary Americans who believe passionately that mass illegal immigration is the most serious domestic problem this nation faces. These folks represent a true cross-section of the American population, and they are outraged that the president and Congress are preparing to reward millions of people who are breaking our laws, and undermine the middle class with a massive new guest worker program."

All Hold Their Feet to the Fire events and participants will be open and available to the media. These include:

-- Radio Row Broadcasting daily from the Phoenix Park Hotel.
    -- Screening of Chris Burgard's film "Border," at Union Station Phoenix
    Theater, 6 pm Monday April 23, with opening remarks by G. Gordon Liddy.
    -- Reception and fundraiser for imprisoned Border Agents Ignacio Ramos and
    Jose Alonso Compean, 7-9 pm, Tuesday April 24, Phoenix Park Hotel.

SOURCE Federation for American Immigration Reform
    Last edited by Jean; 08-21-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Whoooooo hooooooooo!
    Let's Rock and Roll!

My dialing finger is itching to make those calls and I have new batteries in the ole radio. I am ready!

They are going to here from Americans!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll be curious to see how much attention is paid to this by the liberal press.

If I wasn't so danged old I would go with the group from LA. I always thought if we could get one million TRUE Americans to march on Washington opposing illegal immigration we could rattle the hell out those elitist wimps who claim to be our "leaders".
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

DITTO PROUD!!! How exciting,I just hope all the major news shows it!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    I'll be curious to see how much attention is paid to this by the liberal press.

If I wasn't so danged old I would go with the group from LA. I always thought if we could get one million TRUE Americans to march on Washington opposing illegal immigration we could rattle the hell out those elitist wimps who claim to be our "leaders".
    The beauty of this, PJ, is that the RADIO ROW set up will plaster this from sea to shining sea.
    And our BLOGGERS will be backing them up!

This time...........the press is but an insignificant pimple on one's butt.......they can't keep this news from being heard by millions of Americans! But we will be a very significant growth on their collective ass.