Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Honduran Cardinal Talks Immigration In Houston

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3210518

Honduran Cardinal Talks Immigration In Houston
    By TARA DOOLEY

Though nations have the right to monitor their borders, humanitarian principles should motivate immigration policy in a global world where money, goods and people move across those borders, a Latin American cardinal said today in Houston.

In a speech at the University of St. Thomas, Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga of Honduras told a crowd of about 180 that wealthy nations have "a greater obligation to adapt to migratory flows" and that all countries must provide opportunities for citizens so they do not have to leave their homes to earn a living.

"All legislation must take into consideration the value of human rights in an increasingly violent world where war and terror, sometimes tragically carried forth from the very structures of the state itself, fight for the throne of suffering," he said.

Rodriguez, the archbishop of Tegucigalpa and one of the papal advisers who helped the late Pope John Paul II draft major statements on immigration, spoke at the Roman Catholic university's two-day conference on the faith's social teaching on immigration.

In April, he was one of 115 cardinals from around the world who participated in the election of Pope Benedict XVI and was considered a possible candidate to become pope himself.

The point of the summer institute, which continues today, is to explain and discuss Catholic social teaching as expressed in documents by the Vatican and bishops in the Americas.

Houston "is ground zero for new immigration," said Nestor Rodriguez of the University of Houston's Center for Immigration Research. "If you want to understand the city in which we live as it is today, I think it is important to talk about this."

In his more than 40-minute address, Cardinal Rodriguez discussed Catholic teaching on welcoming strangers. He called for compassion and solidarity with newcomers in foreign lands.

But in a question-and-answer session, the cardinal spoke about the dissolution of families and the brain drain that occurs when migrants leave their homes for economic opportunities elsewhere.

He noted that the Honduran economy was buttressed by "family remittances" often from the United States.

"It is very sad that the poorest of the poor are supporting our economy," he said. "This is not just. This is the message we are trying to give to our government ... to give especially the young generations the opportunity to work and live with dignity."

tara.dooley@chron.com
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh, where to begin? How about with this inane remark:

Houston "is ground zero for new immigration," said Nestor Rodriguez of the University of Houston's Center for Immigration Research. "If you want to understand the city in which we live as it is today, I think it is important to talk about this."
    They will think it's ground zero when the first dirty bomb comes across the border!

But this comment tops that one:

"It is very sad that the poorest of the poor are supporting our economy," he said. "This is not just. This is the message we are trying to give to our government ... to give especially the young generations the opportunity to work and live with dignity."
    How could the poorest of the poor possibly be supporting anything? They can't even support themselves. Somebody else has to do it. Giveth me a break. Now I know I have entered the Twilight Zone...I can hear Rod Serling's voice! And the music! Dee, dee, dee, dee...dee, dee, dee, dee.
    When we gonna wake up?

When the Honduran Cardinal was talking about what "our government" should do, what government exactly was he talking about? I assume HIS in HONDURAS....surely, a Honduran Cardinal would not possess BOTH the stupidity and audacity to come "CathChirping" about what the people of the United States should do about immigration?

Oh.....so he IS that stupid and audacious!!

Well....like you said ScareCrow....WHERE DO WE BEGIN ON THIS ONE?

YOU did great!

So, I'll just end it with...a Cardinal is not qualified to discuss trade, business, labor, migratory (exept birds and animals), or business issues BECAUSE:

He doesn't have a job; doesn't need a job; doesn't have a home mortgage; doesn't own a home; doesn't own a car; doesn't pay insurance; doesn't pay the light bill; and DOESN'T HAVE ANY KIDS TO WORRY ABOUT!!

Now Catholics....do not be offended.....you know how I write to make my points...The man is not a Normal Person and therefore can not possibly understand Normal Economic Daily Life of the Normal Average American Citizen and thus should stick to what I hope he DOES KNOW which is:

1) saving souls

2) taking confessions

3) delivering mass

4) collecting the money for the Catholic Church Organization....which really when you think about it....operates like a BIG:

COMMUNE!!

Therefore it is perfectly understandable that they would Chirp the Commie Talk!!

We'll not condemn, for it's not ours to Judge, we shall simply ignore the Card!!

AND Catholics of America....hold back your MONEY.....do not underwrite this Commie Talk from Commune Dwellers....make them come to YOU!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And the cradle will rock. The Catholic Church has lost all credibility as it relates to this issue. Most illegals are Catholic. Therfore, more money for their coffers. My views on the catholic church are well known even if deleted. Rape little boys and protect pedophiles. It is fact and published ad nauseum. Take it as you want it. I frankly don't care. Write Redgirl and have this deleted. Ready, Set , GO!!!!

This "church" is offically headed by a "former" HITLER YOUTH!!!!
    Go ahead complain about my post. Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improable, MUST BE THE TRUTH!!!
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

POINT OF FACT: GERMANY VOTED YES THROUGH THEIR PARLIAMENT ON THE EU CONSTITUTION! A sophisticated country like Germany...voted YES on Globalism. The new Pope was raised in Germany....during the NAZI Rule. The new Pope was approved faster than any in the History of the Catholic Church to be a Transition Pope. This is what representatives of the Catholic Church said on CNN when asked about his age. They said they discounted it because they only needed him for a short period to lead the church during this Transition Period.

Transition Period to WHAT may I ask?

I expected the reporter to ask, but they didn't.

So the question still begs an answer.

Transition to Globalism perhaps?

That is what I think....not a month later the Pope is sendin' American Bishops, the Cardinal from Mexico, and now the Cardinal from Honduras on a "sell the Americans campaign" to meddle and peddle in American Politics on the issue of Immigration and opening our borders for "free flow of labor and goods."

"Free flow of labor and goods" is almost a direct quote from CAFTA, the Security and Prosperity Partnership (Combining Nations with Canada and Mexico), recent recommendation by the Council on Foreign Relations and is the:

END of the Sovereign Territory of the United States and thus the END of our Nation......for money!!

Question: Did the new Pope push the YES vote to the EU Constitution in Germany?

Point: Germany is a fragile nation politically because as you know West Germany lived free since WWII. Then during Reagan, East and West Germany became one. But the Germans from East Germany have not have time to fully understand "freedom", so I expect they were responsible for the YES vote in Parliament. They needed more time of living free to understand what it means and what it requires: Absolute Sovereignty of Territory and Constitution.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh.....so he IS that stupid and audacious!!
    I am afraid so.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Repugnant Hypocrites!!

SIXX,
    whether it's true or not re: "Hitler youth" isn't the issue, imho.

I'm more concerned that our guests aren't turned off by comments such as that. We're trying to build a coalition and not all of us agree on everything. But we do agree on ILLEGAL ALIENS. Why would we want to turn off a good person because we unintentially offend them to the degree that they don't stay long enough to see the positive work that we're doing?

Please understand that, as a Catholic, I'm personally disgusted with the antics that the Church has participated in. However, our goal here is to speak of ILLEGALS. There are many things that I'd like to say that I don't.........simply because our greater good is much more important to me and I believe our goal is more important to you also.

If you're offended, I apologize. But I would still be more comfortable if you'd delete that particular phrase.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sixx, it is my understanding that virtually every young German was a Hitler Youth in the thirties. That does not make the man evil.

Anytime you excoriate an entire religion based on the actions of even a large number, like the Islamo-Fascists, you are doing us all a disservice. There are good people who will work with us and who agree with us on most points in virtually every major religion. This is an area where I believe we need more tolerance, while at the same time not defending any of the repugnant side effects of a portion of a religion's leadership, such as terrorism and pedophilia. Condemn the guilty, but not the innocent.
    When we gonna wake up?

Most illegals are Catholic. Therfore, more money for their coffers.
    That is exactly what Terry Anderson pointed out in his show last night, when he declared cardinal Mahoney "the most horriblest clown of the week".

Here is the segment:

http://www.freewebs.com/lobo-media/soundclips/clown.wma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast