Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Honduran woman missing after illegal border crossing

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=6096 ... enu216_3_2

Feb 16, 2007 09:34 AM EST

Honduran woman missing after illegal border crossing

A false alarm Thursday night for the family of a missing mother of three.

After illegally crossing the border near Douglas last month, smugglers, reportedly, left 28-year old Dulce Pavon in the desert.

They told her family that she died on the Chiricahua Mountains and there was a report this week that a body had been found there.

But Thursday that hope turned to hopelessness.

Dulce Pavon left Honduras in late January bound for the U.S.

Her brother-in-law, Fulvio Quesada, said, "She never told us she was coming to the United States."

A mother of three children no one has heard from her for weeks.

Quesada said, "The coyote called us from a private number and told us she was left behind for dead."

A few days later, the smuggler called again to say the 28-year-old had been kidnapped.

Days later, another call claiming she had broken her knee and died of hypothermia.

"Don't believe what the smugglers tell you. It's a lie."

Fulvio is married to Dulce's twin sister. He and five members of his family came from Florida to search for her themselves in the Chiricahua Mountains.

"There is some places the snow came up to our knees sometimes our belts it was really hard to walk," he said.

On Monday, authorities told them they had found a body in the snow, but it wasn't one after all.

Quesada said, "I believe it's better to be poor and to eat what we call tortillas, frijoles, and queso than to come here and die in the mountains."

With each passing day, the hope to find this mother of three is slowly fading -- a journey of hope turned to despair.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel sorry for her children, but she shouldn't be trying to enter America illegally. Maybe it is getting so violent that it cut the number who try. No one wants to die or be hurt and illegals trying to cross should stop trying. While winter in Az is not as bad as it is in other parts of the country, it can get cold in the desert and with smugglers killing each other some illegals are going to be hurt.

It is sad that a mother, anyone's mother, suffered such a fate. If our borders were secure and we enforced our laws regarding illegal immigration, would she have even considered making the trip?

Her brother-in-law, Fulvio Quesada, said, "She never told us she was coming to the United States."

A mother of three children no one has heard from her for weeks.
    What did she do? Leave her kids with you for a few minutes and tell you she was going down to the bodega for a quart of milk?

What a bunch of hooey
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Honduran invader...

I do NOT feel sorry for the Honduran invader. If she died in the mountains for illegally invading our country, then GOOD RIDDANCE to a foreign invader.

No tears, sympathy, or anything else from me for a foreign invader of our land just coming here to have an anchor baby and bleed our country dry.

I save my tears for the legal residents and U.S. citizens who are VICTIMS of these freeloading, disease-ridden invaders.

She is a CRIMINAL and I do NOT feel sorry for criminals.