Thread: The House Bill

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The House Bill

Pardon my ignorance of our legislative process (I am embarrassed that I can't remember this stuff, taught in high school,) but the House recently passed that Sensenbrenner legislation last week. Does that mean that the border fences that were approved will go up in 2006, or does the Senate still have a say on this?

I guess my question is, "Is it a done deal, or not quite?"

Thank you! I'm glad that we have people here who can answer questions.

Re: The House Bill

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    Pardon my ignorance of our legislative process (I am embarrassed that I can't remember this stuff, taught in high school,) but the House recently passed that Sensenbrenner legislation last week. Does that mean that the border fences that were approved will go up in 2006, or does the Senate still have a say on this?

I guess my question is, "Is it a done deal, or not quite?"

Thank you! I'm glad that we have people here who can answer questions.
    Oh it's not a done deal yet, still has to weather out the Senate. Then has to be signed into law by the President. Now is the time to watch and make sure that the Senate, doesn't attach some Guest worker program to it.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

House rep. proposes a bill> bill gets voted on in the house> house passes the bill the majority of them approved on to the senate> senate votes on the bill> if approved it goes on to the president who can sign or veto it> if he vetos it, the senate can still pass the law by 2/3 majority.

The steps of amending the bill then cutting it to ribbons in the house is part of the house voting process. The senate also pokes it all full of holes and seeks to add their own secret agendas.

That is the reason 4437 can still get an amendment for back door amnesty attached and why the amendment to end the anchor baby practice was stricken.

In a perfect world where politicians aren't corrupt, it would be a wonderful thing. Maybe when we get rid of the crooked globalists now in office, it will be a wonderful thing again. For now, it appears to be one more way of holding important issues hostage to advance the goals of the globalists at the expense of the American people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Perfectly stated Junius!!

We are loooong way from having a fence, unfortunately.

The President has already stated he will veto 4437 without a Guest Worker Program. If 4437 gets amended to have a Guest Worker Program, there will be no fence, no enforcement, no need for either with the proposed Guest Worker Program of the President.

Guest Worker = OPEN BORDERS coup de grace.

The only way to stop illegal immigration in the United States is to impeach George Bush and Dick Cheney and get Hastert in there to enforce US Immigraiton Law, if he'll agree and promise to do it.

Any law that actually stops illegal immigration including the vast law on the books now, in fact more than we need to solve the problem, will be ignored by George Bush and Dick Cheney.

That is the bottom-line of our reality in the United States.

To stop this madness, they have to be removed from office.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I would go for a Kyl-Cornyn guest provision minus anyone who has used forged federal immigration or Social Security documentation or committed other crimes.

However with a good program in place for employer verification there is no excuse for a five year phase in.

I do not think impeaching Bush will work good idea though in principle.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wouldn't go along with anything Capricious Cornyn has a hand in. It is back door amnesty. Period.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NO! NO! NO! CORNYN is Bush's SYCOPHANT. NOTHING that Cornyn proposes will suit me.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton