Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Housing boom Vs Poverty

If you actually stop and think about it, all of the housing and development going on everywhere, is happening mainly because of the population boom.
    The highest percent of the population boom is because of the poverty stricken illegal immigrants. The housing prices are so high that it`s pushed the middle class workers out with no buying power. Affordable housing is becoming a thing of the past. Now the way I see it, if the housing boom is because of the population growth, then eventually the developers will run out of buyers and much of the housing development projects will sit empty(until illegals set up stake and think they can move in free and clear) This will cause a backlash in everything.
    Please correct me if I`m overstating things.
    ------------------------

mkfarmam

Nope, you seem to be on the right track.

I would not recommend buying a house to anyone right now.

Everything is stacked against middle class working Americans right now.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

long ago I made a decision not to buy property here in the state of Ca. I`ll be moving somewhere back east within the next year.
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    It's a bit cheaper up herein the Pacific Northwest, but not cheap enough for the average working family to ever have anything of their own.

On top of that, landlords know this and are taking advantage of it all by overcharging for rent. Up the street from us is this whole new complex, some are as big as three bedroom and two bath, yet the living room is only big enough to accomodate an average size couch two end tables and about 4 feet across a small entertainment center, just a kitchen with a eat at counter and a stackable washer and dryer in a closet, these places are being rented for $970.00!!!

Now tell me, why would anyone with a need for that many bedrooms take a cracker box like that with really no living room, what were the developers thinking? Oh yeah, that's right, they were thinking about money, not the poor people they would be stuffing in there.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There is a concern that americans may have gotten themselves in a mess with adjustable rate mortages. If the interest rates go up it could increase their payments to the point that they could no longer make them and they would lose their homes. So many americans are living above their means. I know there are duplexes here that illegals live in but I don't know how many are living in one duplex, but there are 6-8 cars parked at each one. Someone told me they slip-bed. These are probably 2 bedroom duplexes. America and americans create an illusion of wealth for people from other nations, when in truth america and most americans are deep in debt. It amazes me how foreigners think that all americans are rich, it is a false perception, especially when statistics show that alot of americans are only a few paychecks away from being homeless. It also amazes me that people come here from poverty strickened countries and live so much better than they did in the country they came from but almost immediately become greedy and want to live like movie stars. I saw examples of this on tv, one woman who had only been here a few months was wanting to live better than most americans, she was not satisfied with having it alot better than she had it before, she wanted what only the very wealthy have and expected to have it immediately. What it has taken alot of americans almost a lifetime to build up these people expected to have upon arrival to this country. Alot of them seem to have a warped view of what this country is and how things work here.

If our own Government would look at it that way. The American dream is not something that comes true the next morning when you wake up from it. It takes us a life time of give and take to get were we are. Some Americans don`t get as far as others but they manage to live with what they`ve achieved. The Government can cut our constitutional rights and amendments and hold back our freedom and knocks back down.

This is so unfair but even more unfair for our childrens future.
    It`s like we`re walking in a mine field.
    ------------------------

I have to say for the first time in my life, inspite of what I was taught.....that home-ownership isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Real estate was supposed to be the greatest investment. Guarenteed security, etc. etc. I hated renting. I hated wondering what the rent would be up'd to. Whether or not it would go up for sale and you'd be evicted. That stress of feeling like a wandering nomad. Security deposits you never got back...etc. But here I am in a fully and totally paid for house and there's no security. Taxes and insurance go up and up. Eminant domain can just come and move you on out. It's worth something now but who's to say if it will be later. You can loose it for medical bills, where you could get help if you didn't own anything. You can't just leave if the neighborhood goes bad. It takes longer to get evicted from a rental than it does for missing payments or taxes when you own it. If you own it....they want it.....and that's not security when you fight to keep what you have.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)