Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hattiecat: I'll give you one guess as to who stood in line and hogged the Mexican flu vaccine in my town. You're right!!
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Toys are not a need!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Toys for needy kids may come with immigration check

Toys for needy kids may come with immigration check

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-179978.html
    ---------------------------------------------

You can post a comment on the USA TODAY site at this link:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... on-check/1
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Good! In Houston, they just pop across the border and get free gifts.

The idea of a charity turning away children because of decisions made by their parents unsettled some immigration activists.
    No one is stopping you from having a toy drive for illegal aliens. So jump your whining asses up, spend your money, ask for donations and give the toys away to nothing but illegal aliens.

Citizens should start restricting their donations to legal residents and citizens only, that will put a stop to charities who give stuff to illegal aliens. When the donations dry up, the aiding and abetting will too.

Dixie
    I used to donate to Salvation Army all the time (for years) but when I read that they help illegal aliens, I quit; then I made sure I let them know I quit and why.

They turn Americans away all the time when they run out of money to help people. Some of those parents made bad choices like the illegals and decided not to work for a living...and some of them do work and just can't make enough money to keep up sometimes...and some are just hit hard by a sagging economy, and yet they get turned away and now the person who supports illegal activity in this article is SHOCKED that children of illegal aliens would be turned away because THEIR parents made bad choices??? They turn away AMERICAN kids all the time whose parents made bad choices.

Banned
    I want to tell you guys a personal story on this subject. Last year I volunteered for a free clothing store here in my city in Oregon. (Another sanctuary state). When it first opened the donations were incredible. The "store" was always filled with clothes,household items,shoes,etc. A few months of volunteering there I started to notice more and more non-english speaking people coming in. We would ask for I.D. on the form they had to fill out but they did not have to prove how many people were in their family. Many of them would put down that they had 10 or more family members. As word got out in this sanctuary city of mine they (many of them illegal,I know) started coming in van loads. Most would stay out in the van and send the one or two in with a I.D. The ones that came inside would fill their carts to over flowing. I quit volunteering there a few months back because I was getting disgusted at the amount of them coming in on a daily basis and not being able to speak English. I could not understand them and they got mad at me for not knowing spanish. I recently talked with a friend of mine that would volunteer there with me. She told me not to long after I quit volunteering there they had to close it down. The donations coming in were not enough anymore for the donations going out the door. They could not keep up with the greedy non-english speaking people coming in on a daily basis for the freebies. My first thought was What about the American citizens that really needed this service. Thanks to the greedy people now no one can be helped. Just disgusting!!!

I know illegals resell this clothing or ship out of the country and have a family member sell it in their home country.

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    I want to tell you guys a personal story on this subject. Last year I volunteered for a free clothing store here in my city in Oregon. (Another sanctuary state). When it first opened the donations were incredible. The "store" was always filled with clothes,household items,shoes,etc. A few months of volunteering there I started to notice more and more non-english speaking people coming in. We would ask for I.D. on the form they had to fill out but they did not have to prove how many people were in their family. Many of them would put down that they had 10 or more family members. As word got out in this sanctuary city of mine they (many of them illegal,I know) started coming in van loads. Most would stay out in the van and send the one or two in with a I.D. The ones that came inside would fill their carts to over flowing. I quit volunteering there a few months back because I was getting disgusted at the amount of them coming in on a daily basis and not being able to speak English. I could not understand them and they got mad at me for not knowing spanish. I recently talked with a friend of mine that would volunteer there with me. She told me not to long after I quit volunteering there they had to close it down. The donations coming in were not enough anymore for the donations going out the door. They could not keep up with the greedy non-english speaking people coming in on a daily basis for the freebies. My first thought was What about the American citizens that really needed this service. Thanks to the greedy people now no one can be helped. Just disgusting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by feduphispanic
    I know illegals resell this clothing or ship out of the country and have a family member sell it in their home country.
    They sure do.

Dixie

Immigrant rights group concerned about Salvation Army's toy giveaway policy
    By Susan Abram, Staff Writer
    Posted: 12/02/2009 01:37:57 PM PST
    Updated: 12/02/2009 01:41:21 PM PST

A national immigrants rights group expressed concern Wednesday over a toy-distribution policy by the Salvation Army which it said could discourage some needy immigrant families from seeking free holiday presents.

Salvation Army officials in Los Angeles say they have long required families of children who receive free toys to present identification when they register to take part in the giveaways, as a means of preventing double-dipping. But a similar policy in Houston - in which Social Security numbers were requested - recently caused some misunderstandings and accusations that the group was checking immigration status.

Members of Vamos Unidos USA say that while they haven't seen a similar trend in Los Angeles, they want to stop it from happening anywhere and discourage the Salvation Army and other charities from asking for any form of identification that suggests the recipient could face possible discrimination.

"The fact the Salvation Army and some of the other charities have the same policy, the fact that they did not come out from the get-go and say their whole intent to ask for identification was to prevent fraud, led us to believe that there was more to the story," said, Juan Jose Gutierrez, president of Vamos Unidos USA.

Gutierrez was referring to an article from the Houston Chronicle, which found that one Salvation Army command in the area asked for a Social Security number from families when registering children for its gift program. A representative said in the Tuesday edition of the paper that they do so to deter fraud.

Other commands, including in Los Angeles, also ask for identification - but do not always require it.

"Yes, we do ask for some documentation and we do accept Social Security cards, food stamp information, driver's licenses, school registration cards, but if they have no documentation, we still serve them," said Robert Brennan, spokesman for the Salvation Army Southern California division.

"The reason we ask for some form of documentation is we have limited resources and we want to make sure that more toys get to more children," he said. "We want to make sure families who register in one part of town don't register in another part of town. We don't have enough toys. We don't want one child to have seven toys, we want seven children to have a toy each."

Gutierrez said he hopes his organization and the Salvation Army can come to some compromise about requesting identification.

"The question for us is, if they were willing to register families without identification from the get-go, and they were clear about discouraging fraud, why institute the policy to begin with?" Gutierrez said. "As far as we're concerned it's simply to intimidate."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_13909668
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"The reason we ask for some form of documentation is we have limited resources and we want to make sure that more toys get to more children," he said. "We want to make sure families who register in one part of town don't register in another part of town. We don't have enough toys. We don't want one child to have seven toys, we want seven children to have a toy each."

Bingo!! This is the problem in my town. The illegals go from one charity to another scooping up as much as they can. They then sell the merchandise at garage sales or ship it to relatives in other countries.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Has anyone checked Santa's birth certificate, citizenship, greencard?

What about those elves? Where are they really from?

Should we check the reindeer too?
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast