Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Houstonians Attacked In Mexico

Houstonians Attacked In Mexico
    By Robert Arnold

POSTED: Thursday, November 26, 2009
    UPDATED: 6:40 am CST November 27, 2009
    HOUSTON -- During an annual hunting trip to a small town south of McAllen, nine men were attacked by a group of well armed, organized bandits. The group escaped with its life and a strong word of warning for anyone thinking of traveling south of the border.

WATCH IT: Houstonians Attacked In Mexico

"I think everybody there thought they were going to kill us," said a hunter who asked not to have his identity revealed.

"Adrenaline, fear, anger," said a second hunter. "I was shaking a little bit."

Both men said they were attacked while hunting doves on a ranch just outside of the town of Villa de Mendez in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas, which is about 100 miles south of McAllen.

Both men said they knew about the drug-related violence plaguing many parts of Mexico, but felt safe hunting on this ranch because they had made several trips to this area over the years and never experienced any trouble.

"I hadn't heard anything bad about that area of Mexico," one of the hunters told Local 2 Investigates.

"We thought it was going to be safe in that area," said another member of the hunting party.

Yet, during their hunt last month, Mexico's growing violence touched their their lives.

"Saw a young man, probably 30 yards away from me, pointing an automatic weapon at me and yelling, 'Policia! Policia! We're the police. Lay down, get down, drop your weapon,'" said one hunter.

"At one point I looked ... had a gentleman with an AK-47 about 15 yards away from me pointed right at me," said another hunter.

Both men said at least one of the bandits was dressed like a Mexican federal police officer.

"You know, with a bulletproof vest, M-4 weapon with grenade launcher, radio," said this hunter. "(He) looked, you know, official."

Both hunters said all of the robbers had automatic weapons and radios and never referred to one another by name.

"Colonel, sergeant, jefe. They used kind of military-type terms," said one hunter.

"(They) made us put our hands behind our heads, kneel down on the gravel road and put our heads on the ground," said another hunter.

The men said during the ordeal their attackers repeatedly kicked and punched them. One member of the group was severely hurt.

"I heard a loud thud and a grunt, then another thud and grunt and then another pop," said a hunter recalling the beating given to one of his friends. He said his friends was hit so hard it ruptured one of the discs in his back.

Both men said for an hour and a half the bandits rifled through their belongings and thoroughly interrogated each of the hunters.

"They actually went through everybody's passports and our driver's licenses ... all our credentials as well,' said one hunter.

"I think it was an intimidation thing, you know, like, 'We now know who you are, where you're from and what you do,'" this hunter explained.

The men said one of the most frightening moments came when the leader of the bandits spoke.

"He leaned down and said, 'Senor, just relax, relax,'" this hunter remembered. "That's what they say to the goat right before they make 'cabrito.'"

The man said the man who spoke that phrase spoke perfect English and had no accent.

"In my opinion, he was either an American citizen or he grew up in America," said one hunter.

In all, the group reported it was robbed of $50,000 worth of guns, ammunition, cash, jewelry and liquor. The hunters left with their lives and both said they now understand why their friends warned them not to go.

"I said nothing has happened there, I've been online, I've read the papers. Nothing bad has happened in that area of Mexico. So, when I came back, I had to tell them immediately I was wrong," this hunter told Local 2.

"I'm not going back to Mexico for any reason," said another hunter.

All nine of the hunters filed sworn affidavits with the U.S. State Department, which is investigating the robbery. Still, no one has been able to determine who exactly was responsible for the attack.

If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477).

Copyright 2009 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/21734602/detail.html
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

ELE
    We don't have to go to Mexico we have it right here in the crime ridden streets of La and/or in the Bronx in New York ( two of many examples).

Thank God the Americans are safe. It shows that anywhere Mexico is there is crime and involves pain to Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

if we

If Americans treated IAs like that, the IAs would stop coming.

Make it worse for them here than it is in their own countries.

How stupid... It's not like they can't hear them shooting their guns from miles away. All they have to do is zero in on them.

Come on guys, you are running around with everything they want... money, guns and valid ID. I'm surprised they left you with shoes on your feet.

Mexico is not our friend and the same kind of people are waiting here for amnesty.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: if we

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi
    If Americans treated IAs like that, the IAs would stop coming.

Make it worse for them here than it is in their own countries.
    The problem is, the majority of the Mexican population is unarmed. The only people there who have weapons are thugs and cops and there is a fine line separating those two entities and I believe it's because of their ban on gun ownership for their citizens that there is so much corruption inside and outside of their law enforcement departments.

Mexicans are used to living in a police state and they have accepted the fact that thugs like the ones that accosted those American hunters run their country and are free to do with the rest of the population as they please. That's the kind of society the Bush regime as well as the Obama regime want for this country too. They are pushing for a police state here and those American hunters might as well get used to what happened to them in Mexihole, because it will be the norm here in this country too within the next 10-15 years if we allow this current administration to strip us of our basic human rights, our Second Amendment and our sovereignty. That's where we're headed and illegal immigration is just one of the weapons in this and previous administrations' arsenals to bring the American people to their knees and this country to ruin.

We shouldn't have to be constantly watch dogging, DEMANDING and fighting our Presidents/Congress to do what's right and in the best interests of our country. The fact that we're even having to do this on a regular, daily basis should be obvious enough to wake up the dumbest and most self centered among us, that something in this country is very wrong and out of whack. The USA has OBVIOUSLY been taken over by anti-American groups and people with the intention of destroying our country and its values have successfully infiltrated our government. It's up to us to kick them out.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Both men said at least one of the bandits was dressed like a Mexican federal police officer.

"You know, with a bulletproof vest, M-4 weapon with grenade launcher, radio," said this hunter. "(He) looked, you know, official."
    That's because he probably was a Mexican federal police officer!

Anyone going to Mexico is asking for trouble. Its probably the most corrupt country in the world.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn