Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

HOW GOVERNMENT DISGUISES ITS AGENDA TO FOOL THE PEOPLE

HOW GOVERNMENT DISGUISES ITS AGENDA TO FOOL THE PEOPLE

By Michael Cutler
    November 26, 2008
    NewsWithViews.com

I have read a commentary that appears in today's edition of ILW.com http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/ that is focused on immigration and the needs of immigration attorneys.

You will notice that the term "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" is nowhere to be found in the article. The alias now being used to describe Comprehensive Immigration Reform is "CIR." These are the initials of Comprehensive Immigration Reform. As the saying goes, "A rose by any other name..."

When I was a young boy growing up in Brooklyn there was a silly joke/riddle making the rounds back in junior high school (today that school is referred to as intermediate school). You would ask, "What did Tarzan say when he saw the elephant walking down the road/" The answer was, "Here come the elephants walking down the road.) Next you would ask, "What did Tarzan say when he saw the elephant walking down the road while he was wearing sunglasses?" Most kids would say, "Here comes the elephant walking down the road with sunglasses on." You were supposed to respond by saying, "You are wrong dummy: Tarzan couldn't recognize the elephant because he was wearing sunglasses!"

The idea that you could disguise a huge elephant by making him wear sunglasses was obviously preposterous- it is no less preposterous that the attorneys believe that using the initials CIR instead of the term Comprehensive Immigration Reform would confuse us!

Clearly the immigration lawyers know where their bread is buttered!

Imagine the incentive that they have to push and push hard to see Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR) enacted. They would have more clients than they would know what to do with! The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act that crashed and burned in the United States Senate last year, among other things, would have required the federal government to subsidize legal fees for all of the illegal aliens who would have filed for amnesty!!!

Stop and contemplate this. When you file a tax return as mandated by law- federal law, state law and perhaps, even city law, are your accounting fees subsidized by your government on any level?

You abide by the law, work your tail off seeking to support yourself and your family members and you have to pay for the services of the accountant or tax preparer who assists you in meeting your legal obligation to file a tax return. Yet illegal aliens would have been provided with subsidized legal assistance! If this is government by the people and for the people, what people are they referring to?

The attorneys and the politicians know damned well that the great majority of the citizens of our nation oppose CIR (Comprehensive Immigration Reform). That is obviously the reason for the change in nomenclature.

The time has come for We the People to establish a relationship with our politicians who purport to represent us. We the People need to let the members of the House of Representatives and the United States Senate precisely where we stand on the issue of CIR (Comprehensive Immigration Reform).

The idea that somehow the enforcement of the immigration laws that are already on the books should be balanced by admitting an additional one half million lawful immigrants is sheer lunacy!

If CIR is permitted to be enacted into law, there will be no going back! The impact on our nation will be nothing short of devastating. I said that "If CIR is permitted to be enacted into law" because our government is supposed to be governed by the principle of "representative democracy." No matter how screwed up so many politicians may be, they all are sensitive to the will of the constituents who can vote them onto the unemployment line.

The way that these politicians become aware of the will of their constituents is when We the People call the politicians, write them (e-mail, 'snail mail' or fax), or arrange to visit with a staffer and ask to see the politician, himself.

The so much hanging in the balance, it is vital that we put aside other issues and make this effort a major priority! It is vital for our nation's security and survival and it is vital for our futures and the future of our children and their children!

I have written this commentary to try to alert you to the challenges confronting our nation. Now it is up to you, the citizens of this nation, to contact your elected representatives and demand that they represent you and your family and to protect our nation. This is the burden all Americans must bear.

Many years ago there was a clever campaign mounted by the American Red Cross. They hung signs in buses and subway cars in New York City that were aimed at those New Yorkers who would fail to donate blood by saying, "Remember, to the other guy, you are the other guy! This certainly applies in this situation.

The safety of our nation begins at its borders. It is therefore essential that our borders be secured and that our immigration bureaucracy honor those who abide by the laws and seeks to weed out those who would commit fraud and those who would assist them.

This is neither a Conservative issue, nor is it a Liberal issue- simply stated, this is most certainly an AMERICAN issue!

You are either part of the solution or you are a part of the problem!

http://www.newswithviews.com/Cutler/michael140.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AirborneSapper7 I couldn't agree with you more. Americans are all too good at bitching and doing nothing. I have called, written, and faxed my representatives in DC as well as Raleigh more times than I can remember. What gets me is I hear so many people complaining about illegal immigration but when I ask: "So you called your congressman about how you feel" the answer is "Well I haven't." When I ask why the reply is either "I don't have time" or "I plan on doing it". I give the information about ALIPAC and Numbers USA where they can fax for free and keep on top of the issues but they never do anything but continue to complain.

Just like the last election I'm starting to feel that the people of this country will get just what they deserve. They complain about how our gov. is doing (or not doing) this and that and keep on electing the same people into office. If they don't stop complaining and start doing something about it I say let them suffer the consequences. I've been at this for over five years now and my patience with the American public as a whole has grown thin. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to see this country turn into a third world nation but I can't stop it by myself and I'm sure a lot on here feel the same way I do.

The truth is the truth...period....calling it a nicer more acceptable name doesn't change what it is. Amnesty is not reform in any way shape or form. It's making illegal, legal, for a select group of people. It's either a blanket amnesty and total disregard for our immigration policies for everyone.....or it's not. You can't "reform" our immigration policies to make it where it's OK for just Latinos and not everyone else. You can't make "child bearing" a qualification to get here. You can't say "wanting" is all you have you to do and you don't have to abide by anything else if it "offends" your culture or whatever. There's nothing I have read where there's anything concerning "reform". Don't want to pay fines coz they're poor. Don't want to learn English coz that's racist. Don't want to abide by any of the rest coz it's not their "culture". Just make me legal and leave me alone and let me do what I want.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Michael Cutler would make a fine head of Homeland Security!

Wishful thinking....

Do you notice that little by little, these minority "ethno-centrists" are chisling away at our American traditions? And our own citizens are giving them free reign to do it? It happened recently in my neck of the woods too regarding a Christmas Boat Parade.

I makes me so angry that we have such spineless public servants in charge that they cave in so easily to these people. And it make me even madder when the public still shows up to support it. Read on:

After "holiday" flap, fewer attend Patchogue boat parade
    BY PATRICK WHITTLE
    November 24, 2008

A November chill and a Yuletide boycott apparently conspired to keep some spectators away from Patchogue's annual boat parade, but about 1,000 people still lined the Patchogue River yesterday to celebrate the event that had as its theme "Community United."

Brookhaven-based Fireworks by Grucci pulled its sponsorship this year because of the Greater Patchogue Foundation's decision to remove the word "Christmas" from the event's name. Grucci vice president Philip Butler, a self-described "Christmas cop" who has campaigned against the holiday's secularization, and his supporters also encouraged residents to stay home on parade night.

The 15-year-old event, now called Patchogue Boat Parade of Lights, drew about 500 fewer spectators than usual, said David Kennedy, a member of the foundation's Patchogue Riverfront Committee. Still, Kennedy said the parade was a success. It featured holiday-themed boats chugging about the river.

"If you ask anybody, they don't care about the name; they just enjoy the parade," he said. Last year, the event was called the Patchogue Christmas Boat Parade.

The event's "Community United" theme was chosen in response to the Nov. 8 stabbing death of Patchogue resident Marcelo Lucero, Kennedy said. Seven teens are charged in the case, which authorities have classified as a hate crime.

In keeping with the theme, two of the parade's 17 decorated boats were adorned with large peace symbols. "It's great to see that," said spectator George Beatty of Bellport. He said he enjoyed the parade despite the lack of fireworks.

Charles Baker, president of the Greater Patchogue Chamber of Commerce, has said the Patchogue Foundation decided in September to rename the parade after some residents complained the name was not inclusive enough. The foundation and chamber host the event.

Patchogue Mayor Paul Pontieri defended the name change last night, saying the strength of the village was its diversity. "The village of Patchogue has always been a very religious community and a very diverse community," he said.

Grucci donated $5,000 in fireworks to last year's parade, but Butler called this year's event an "anti-Christmas parade."

Baker, the chamber president, called the Grucci boycott "unfortunate."

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffo ... 6328.story

My husband pointed something out today.....has to do with Colmes leaving Hannity.........when people say anything.....it's Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh.........get rid of Colmes and who's Hannity's "fair and balanced" partner? Rid the "fair and balanced part" and you wipe the rest. All of course for the sake of fair reporting.