Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I.C.E. News Release

I.C.E. News Release - www.ice.gov

August 12, 2008

ICE arrests 59 illegal aliens employed by Asheville Department of Defense contractor

ASHEVILLE, NC - Fifty-nine illegal aliens working at Mills Manufacturing Corporation (MMC) were arrested here this morning by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) special agents.

The arrests were based on an ICE critical infrastructure investigation that revealed that the illegal aliens had used fraudulent social security numbers to obtain employment. The company, located at 22 Mills Place, has been fully cooperative and is not a target of the ICE investigation.

MMC is a Department of Defense contractor responsible for the manufacturing of parachutes for the U.S. military. Illegal aliens employed at sensitive facilities -- such as military bases, nuclear plants, chemical plants, airports and Department of Defense contractors -- pose a homeland security threat.

ICE doesn't believe that those arrested today at MMC had any ill intent against the United States; however, their illegal status could have made them susceptible to blackmail by those with ill intent. Today, ICE has neutralized a potential vulnerability.

"Protecting the integrity of our nation's critical infrastructure is among ICE's highest priorities," said Delburt Richburg, assistant special agent-in-charge of the ICE Office of Investigations in Charlotte. "When individuals use fraudulent social security numbers to get jobs, they hide their true identity and history. We need to know who is working on our critical infrastructure sites."

All of those arrested today were transferred to the Henderson County Sheriff's Office for immigration processing. All have been placed into removal proceedings for being in violation of U.S. immigration law.
    At this point, no criminal charges have been presented against the illegal aliens; however, the investigation continues.

Those arrested today were interviewed by ICE agents to determine if they had medical, caregiver, or other humanitarian issues. ICE identified approximately 29 individuals who qualified for a humanitarian release. These individuals are still required to appear before a federal immigration judge who will ultimately determine whether or not they will be deported.

Among those arrested, were nationals of Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador and Honduras. ICE contacted local Consular officials, community groups and other to provide accurate information regarding today's operation.
    Family members wanting information regarding those arrested today may contact ICE by dialing 704-679-6140.

ICE's worksite enforcement investigations are aimed at promoting national security and public safety, protecting critical infrastructure, and ensuring fair labor standards. As of July 2008, ICE has made more than 3,800 administrative arrests for immigration violations during worksite enforcement operations.
    -- ICE --

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was established in March 2003 as the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security. ICE is comprised of five integrated divisions that form a 21st century law enforcement agency with broad responsibilities for a number of key homeland security priorities.
    Last Modified: Tuesday, August 12, 2008

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/0808/080812asheville.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks JohnDoe2 good find.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ICE doesn't believe that those arrested today at MMC had any ill intent against the United States; however, their illegal status could have made them susceptible to blackmail by those with ill intent. Today, ICE has neutralized a potential vulnerability.

"Protecting the integrity of our nation's critical infrastructure is among ICE's highest priorities," said Delburt Richburg, assistant special agent-in-charge of the ICE Office of Investigations in Charlotte. "When individuals use fraudulent social security numbers to get jobs, they hide their true identity and history. We need to know who is working on our critical infrastructure sites."
    Absolutely true! Can you imagine the risk to our airborne?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IS 'florgal" sending out an APOLOGY?

OR am I misreading it?
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone

OR am I misreading it?
    Your misunderstanding. She is showing you what you see when you click on the companies website. It's just the normally PR.

Thank you gogo......I was beginning to wonder about that one... but wanted to be sure

As always I sent N.C. Governor Easley a copy in case he did not get to read the paper today or listen to the news stations. WHICH I am sure it is all over the news by now...........

Anyone want to guess how soon the "Sob" stories will be on line?
    I only hope they get a new twist to the tired spin. maybe they can have another "Day without a Mexican" and the illegal aliens can march all the way back to where ever they came from.

The OBLs need some new writers, its like a bad novella.

OR am I misreading it?
    That's funny

No, uniteasone, you won't hear me taking up for this company! - I simply enjoy reading the PR hype on the company websites when they get busted. They make everything sound sooo warm and fuzzy when the fact is they're paying criminal illegal aliens instead of Americans.

Gogo :Thanks for getting my back I had to log off right after reading this storyearlier today.

As always I sent N.C. Governor Easley a copy in case he did not get to read the paper today or listen to the news stations. WHICH I am sure it is all over the news by now...........
    uniteasone, I think we're in the same viewing area. I haven't seen this on WGHP tonight. I plan to watch WXII at 11 pm to see if it's on there. Have you seen it on any of our local newscasts? WFMY, WXII?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast