Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Human chain protest for immigration planned tonight

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=6674480

When is this going to end???

Hundreds of Coachella Valley residents are expected to line up in the streets Monday night to protest the immigration bill currently in the US Senate.

Event organizers plan to form a human chain from one end of the Coachella Valley to the other.

The rally begins at 7 PM lasting about an hour and a half.

The grassroots organization known as Comite Latino is putting this on and they're hoping nearly 3,000 people show up.

This is the second demonstration Comite Latino has organized this year the last one happening on May 1st known as 'A Day without an Immigrant."

Comite Latino has been busy promoting the event speaking at churches, posting flyers throughout the valley, doing television and radio interviews

The organizers tell NewsChannel 3 they came up with the human chain idea just last week and so far, the Hispanic community is supporting it.

If you're interested in taking part in this, here's where to line up.

In Indio Highway 111 near the K-Mart store.
    In Mecca Second Street and Avenue 62.
    In Thermal on Church Street.
    In Coachella on Harrison between Avenues 48 and 52.
    And in Cathedral City Gerald Ford and Highway 111.
    Everyone is invited to participate you don't have to be Hispanic.

But, organizers request that you wear a white t-shirt to signify solidarity and because white shirts can be seen clearly in the evening.

Also, bring a flashlight. At the end of the rally around 8:30, participants will turn on their flashlights to symbolize 'rays of hope' that a fair immigration reform policy will eventually pass.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

MW
    Anything for media coverage. Oh, and you can bet mainstream media will be covering the event.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gee I hope ICE shows up with their flashlights, handcuffs and a couple of wagons to take them away.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

HA!! What an opportunity! ICE should show up, handcuff them all together and start them marching in the direction of the border.

Human chain with steel links!

Yes, it would be great if ICE would make a real human chain and cuff them together.

The protest that I would like to see them hold is a "Year Without an Immigrant". That would be great! I know a nice little country just south of the border where they could hang out for the year. That would give us plenty of time to build the fence!
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

Too many news reporters are NOT asking the real questions!

Why aren't you protesting in your own countries?

Why do you believe you can break into our Country and start demanding things change for you?

Why do you think America owes you anything?

These are questions I want asked, and answered!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

May 1st known as 'A Day without an Immigrant."
    This was one of the finest days I have ever had in Southern Cal. I was able to drive in relatively light traffic the whole day. I wish every day was a day without an illegal alien.

Well, what do you expect? Didn't John McCain give them the green light a couple of weeks ago with his comment that we have to give them citizenship or they might riot in the streets!!

That was a green light. Nothing could make John McCain and George Bush happier.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Doesn't sound like they're "in the shadows" to me..
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hopefully it will rain very hard Monday night.