Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hunter attends Latino forum

June 28, 2007
    Hunter attends Latino forum

Rep. Duncan Hunter, probably Congress' foremost champion of a fortified fence along the U.S.-Mexico border, will be the only Republican presidential candidate to speak at this weekend's conference of the National Association of Latino Elected Officials this weekend in Orlando, Fla.

The conference has become a command performance for the Democratic presidential hopefuls. All eight are expected in Orlando for a presidential forum on Saturday.

Friday's Republican forum was scrubbed when none of the Republican candidates accepted. But Hunter notified conference sponsors earlier this week he had decided to attend and they are making a place for the Alpine Republican on their program on Friday.

"I am running for president to represent every citizen in this country," Hunter said. "Why would I decline an invitation to speak at the NALEO conference? Their invitation indicates that they are interested in my stance regarding several important issues facing this country. I am pleased to have been invited and I look forward to sharing my ideas with NALEO members."

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/news/b ... forum.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JOHN PAUL

JOHN PAUL WASN'T INVITED...SO HE IS CRASHING THE PARTY WITH HIS OWN PARTY.....
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

So Duncan Hunter wants to rep EVERY citizen of this country, AND the illegals? What happened to his stand on NO PATH TO CITIZENSHIP, NO AMNESTY? Is he turning to court votes?

Who is John Paul?

MW
    girlygirl369 wrote:

So Duncan Hunter wants to rep EVERY citizen of this country, AND the illegals? What happened to his stand on NO PATH TO CITIZENSHIP, NO AMNESTY? Is he turning to court votes?
    Whoa, hold the bus, girly (you're out of line on this)! Where does the article say anything about representing illegals or offering them amnesty? FYI: There are a lot of Hispanic-Americans in this country. Why shouldn't a candidate for the people speak to all the legal residents and citizens of this country? Do you suggest he just represent we caucasians?

Yes, Hunter should "rep EVERY citizen of this country."

Honestly, I commend Duncan Hunter for having the guts to face what could be a very hostile crowd.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What Hunter is attempting to do is expose NALEO for what it really is ,a Anti-American Organization. Don't you think he's knows he's going to get hammered and Booed? I say smart move on Hunter's part
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    What Hunter is attempting to do is expose NALEO for what it really is ,a Anti-American Organization. Don't you think he's knows he's going to get hammered and Booed? I say smart move on Hunter's part
    I agree and admire him for doing this.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hunter recognizing NALEO and going to talk at their forum is the right thing to do. Latino doesn't mean illegal. There are many Latino people in this country that want representation and its only smart for Hunter to recognize those people and hear what they have to say.

That is in no way a show of support of illegal immigration and should not be construed as such. If NALEO tell Hunter they want amnesty for 12 million people I'm sure Hunter will debate them and tell them to go fly a kite. Maybe though, NALEO wants to talk honest issues with Hunter.

Basically I think this comes down to "don't judge a book by its cover"

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    I agree and admire him for doing this.
    I do too, Jean. He's probably going to be playing a real tough room that night, and I'm sure he's fully aware of that. Legal American Hispanics deserve representation in our nation too IMHO.

Re: JOHN PAUL

Who is John Paul?
    I believe he was a Scottish privateer who helped us kick the snot out of the gits during the American Revolution, then went on to be the fifth member of the legendary Liverpool rock band known as The Beatles.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned
    It's absolutely the right thing for Hunter to do! As President, he would be representing ALL Americans regardless of their background.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast