Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
Troopers said that was just the start of the confusion because three men involved in the crash claimed they couldn't speak English.
I don't know if the Troopers actually said that. Sad to say, in this day in time it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who speaks Spanish to assist. Are there no Troopers that can speak basic Spanish? I know they have at least one but he must be too busy with his desk job educating the Latino population on driving safety. I also know there are professional translating services that are available to our public service people.
I didn't get the channel changed after the local noon news. The shopping channel follows. A retired school teacher called in to express her pleasure in purchasing a gold bangle bracelet for herself as a "gift" to herself upon retiring after 30+ years of teaching. In the banter with the hostess, she inquired what the teacher taught. Answer - Spanish. Stupid comment by hostess - "Oh a language we all need to learn! I'm going to have to learn by DVD"

I'm not learning Spanish. I did my duty in high school with my required Spanish course. I know enough to get me by. Taco, enchilada, guacamole, jalapeno.

This is AMERICA - speak ENGLISH! LEARN it if you have to - or go home!