Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IA: King Critical of Spending for 'Pro-Amnesty Organization'

King Critical of Spending for 'Pro-Amnesty Organization'
    By Jason Hancock 2/26/09 7:28 PM

A $950,000 earmark for a Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the omnibus spending bill that passed the U.S. House Wednesday has drawn the ire of U.S. Rep. Steve King, R-Kiron.

The Iowa Republican called the National Council of La Raza a “pro-amnesty organizationâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does the La Raza Development Fund require use of E-verify
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There should be a moratorium on legislators voting on bills the person voting has not even read. No matter if the senator or congressman rips a 1,600-page bill apart for his aides to help him/her read, do they have enough time to read it and discuss anything. I am so sick of "gotta do it now" and votes forced the next day by the valiant Pelosi and Reid. And unless the voice of the American people is heard, this is crap and serving none of those that put them in office to serve government for the American people.
    I have managed to send out 45 e-mails about instate tuition for illegals in NC, and have received TWO responses: One thanking me for my input and they will seriously consider my view; the other, from a rural county, telling me that I should not expect a response (perhaps since I don't live in that county) and their volume of email is overwhelming. So apparently, my opinion does not count as a resident of North Carolina and every legislator in the state, I feel, should at least consider my opinion, whether I am their local constituent or not. I am even surprised that my local rep has not sent anything, not surprising since she apparently was a co-sponsor of the instate tuition bill.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Almost $1M in taxpayer money to La Raza
    Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 3/6/2009 4:00:00 AM

An Iowa congressman says it's outrageous that nearly a million dollars of the proposed Omnibus spending bill would go to an organization that openly advocates illegal immigration.

Congressional officials report the $410-billion Omnibus spending bill currently being debated in Congress is packed with 9,000 earmarks, something candidate Barack Obama said last fall that he opposes. "We need earmark reform," Obama said in the September presidential debate held in Oxford, Mississippi. "And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely."

Congressman Steve King (R-Iowa) says one of the earmarks in the Transportation HUD portion of the Omnibus bill allocates $950,000 to the National Council of La Raza for "capitalization of a revolving loan to be used for nationwide community development activities."

King says taxpayer dollars should not be going to that organization.

"La Raza stands for 'The Race' -- and they say so openly," the congressman notes. "They are a pro-Hispanic organization; I will call them a racist organization. They base their philosophy on race. They advocate for those minorities that fit within the category that they define as drives them."

In addition, says King, La Raza is a pro-amnesty group. "They are apologists for illegal immigrants -- and we are funding them with your tax dollars in this administration through earmarks," he points out. "It is outrageous. It's an in-your-face act on the part of this Congress."

The Omnibus spending bill is still being debated in the Senate, where even some Democrats are questioning its cost. At least one DC budget analyst has observed that "it will be a little embarrassing" if the president signs a bill with so many earmarks in it.

www.onenewsnow.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn