HERO CHASES DOWN WEST SIDE MUG SUSPECT
By JAMIE SCHRAM and TOM LIDDY
November 29, 2007 -- An Upper West Side hero chased down and captured a thug who had just viciously assaulted a woman who lives in his building, authorities said yesterday.

Juan Lopez, 20, an illegal alien from Mexico, accosted the 41-year-old woman in the vestibule of her West 82nd Street building near Amsterdam Avenue at about 1 a.m. Monday, law-enforcement sources said.

The 5-foot, 125-pound suspect allegedly began hitting the woman and groping her, sources said, before snatching her cellphone.

But her neighbor, Kai Raziq, 27, heard the "blood-curdling screams" coming from outside his door and sprang into action.

"I opened the door and I saw her freaking out," he said. "She was screaming 'Help me! Help me!' "

When the thug spotted Raziq, he took off, but the Samaritan sprinted after him. When Raziq went to grab Lopez's arms, the thug fought back, but Raziq, a former high-school wrestler, took him down and held him until cops arrived.

The humble hero said he just went with his gut.

Although it wasn't the smartest move, I feel very fulfilled," he said. "I'm happy because if I didn't run after that idiot, he'd be doing the same thing right now."

Lopez was charged with robbery, burglary, attempted sexual abuse, assault and forcible touching and was being held on $10,000 bail.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11292007/ne ... 218220.htm
__________________________________________________ _______
Hmmm, no mention of any charges for being an IA or of any contact with ICE.
__________________________________________________ ______
On a side note, could some-one tell me what I must do to stop posts like this one from expanding?