Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE Agents Arrest Illegal Workers at Cree

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=3547400

(10/18/05 - DURHAM) - Federal immigration agents moved in Tuesday, busting 35 alleged illegal immigrants working at the semi-conductor company, Cree Incorporated in Durham

The sweep began around 5 am Tuesday morning, and lasted for nearly 3-1/2 hours. Eyewitness News was there as agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement rounded up alleged undocumented workers from Pakistan, Israel, Indonesia, Gambia, Congo, Kenya, Mexico Guatemala and El Salvador.

Federal authorities tell Eyewitness News they worked on assembly lines, operating equipment, and in janitorial services in high security area. Agents say Cree holds a $150 million dollar contract for the Department of Defense, manufacturing semi-conductors, and lighting devices.

According to INS officials, Cree officials knew the agents were on their way. The company has been cooperating with agents in the 10 investigation.

Cree officials say they had no way of knowing that employees have falsified documentation until the government stepped in. They say only 10 employees worked for Cree directly, the others worked for a cleaning contractor.

Cree officials also maintain that at no time was national security breached. INS officials say all 35 workers are being detained. Some of them will be released, but most will be deported.

This is not the first arrests of illegal workers U.S. Immigration & Customs and Enforcement agents have made in recent months.

On July 6th, federal agents arrested 48 illegal immigrants who were working construction jobs at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base. The men were employees of private contractors who were doing masonry, roofing, electrical and other construction work.

In May, ICE agents arrested nine unauthorized immigrants performing contract work at a Winston-Salem facility that refits the U.S. Navy's P-3 Orion aircraft, the Navy's primary anti-submarine patrol aircraft. ICE said the nine were known to work on the aircraft.

In March, agents rounded up 27 immigrants who were maintaining commercial jetliners in Greensboro.

Another article

http://www.wral.com/news/5116917/detail.html

Because 90% of America speaks something other than English:

America is a very Large Continent that contains many nations and an extensive list of languages and dialects. You happen to be a citizen of just one of them.

By the way, it wasn't the first European language spoken here...

as for this article ...I wonder how many Americans applied for those jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaerlyn
    Because 90% of America speaks something other than English:

America is a very Large Continent that contains many nations and an extensive list of languages and dialects. You happen to be a citizen of just one of them.

By the way, it wasn't the first European language spoken here...

as for this article ...I wonder how many Americans applied for those jobs.
    Now let me get this straight, you think that a country with several hundred different languages can survive, without a common language. It is a country doomed to fall.

And you Honestly think that this company advertised the Jobs, I don't think so.

By the way I am taking your talk, you must be an open border, let anyone one in type of person.

You must be a one world government type of person. That has no, allegiance to any Nation.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

No, I think that America isn't a Country ... It's a Continent. or Two depending on where you were taught geography

As far as I know there is a common language in the U. S.

Because 90% of America speaks something other than English
    Where? What does language have to do with this article??

as for this article ...I wonder how many Americans applied for those jobs
    The ones that were hired were illegal aliens who lied to the company and said they were US citizens. Since they got hired I would hope they were the best qualified but since they are also liars and federal felons they are getting deported. Hopefully the company will be more careful when hiring their replacements.

No, I think that America isn't a Country ... It's a Continent. or Two depending on where you were taught geography
    Where did you go to school?

English

"No, I think that America isn't a Country ... It's a Continent. or Two depending on where you were taught geography"

An old Chinese saying "when pointing at the moon the imbecile looks at their finger"

It is a common practice throughout the world for citizens of the United States of America to refer to themselves and to be referred to as Americans.
    In case you didn't understand the Chinese saying, words are symbols, they represent something else, they point to something else. When one thinks the symbol is more important than what it points to well .............

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaerlyn

Well let me tell you right now. That the United States of America Is a country and it has borders and those who want to come. Should come here legally.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I understand the saying quite well, and makes a good point ...Americans are forever looking at the finger and calling it the moon.

As for my schooling, I too learned that there is a North American continent and a South American continent and that the division occurs at the Panama Canal ...

But when the definition of a continent was given, this became a bit confusing ... as far as I know, canals aren't bodies of water big enough to split continents ... especially not man-made canals ....

and if you haven't realised ....I wasn't actually saying anything about the article at first ...but making reference to the signature.

"Americans are forever looking at the finger and calling it the moon."

Americans know the difference between their finger and the moon more than any other nation on earth. We are the only ones that have ever been to the Moon and back.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast