Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

ICE Arrests 23 Illegal Workers At Joliet Company

ICE Arrests 23 Illegal Workers At Joliet Company

http://www.msnbc.msn.com
    WMAQ-TV
    updated 8:49 p.m. ET, Wed., Oct. 31, 2007
    CHICAGO -
    Twenty-three illegal alien workers were arrested in the Joliet area Wednesday morning by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents as part of an ongoing worksite enforcement investigation. The illegal workers, 16 men and seven women, were employed by ANNA II Inc., a staffing company at 801 Golf Lane in Bensenville, according to a release from ICE. The firm provides day laborers to various warehouses throughout the Chicago area.

ICE made the arrests at the Rock Run Business Park in Joliet after three vans picked up workers in Chicago?s Pilsen neighborhood and transported them to that location, according to the release. The driver of a fourth van was taken into custody in Des Plaines.

ICE agents also executed a criminal search warrant at ANNA II?s Bensenville location, and the investigation remains ongoing, according to the release.

YES! I hope this means it’s Illinois turn for the raids!! I am still waiting, but all I ever hear about are small ones like this. I hope they shut down ANNA II Inc was well.

Bensenville! Not that I want to give them any pointers, but Bensenville is one of communities that borders the county. This is about ¼ mile outside of sanctuary Cook County.

This is interesting because about a week ago in a strip mall, also in Bensenville, I was walking out a store, with my head down reading the lottery ticket I just bought, and almost got hit by car. When I looked up I saw that it was a Border Patrol car. After it sunk in I said (a bit loud) “OK Boys – Go Getemâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Was this in the mainstream newspapers?! I did see this in La Raza this morning. Here's the translation.

I don't live far from Joilet. We have numerous 'Job Centers' in Waukegan...

Detained at 23 undocumented Pilsen in Joliet

STNG

(CHICAGO) - The Bureau of Immigration and Customs Protection (ICE) reported today on the arrest of 23 undocumented immigrants in the southwestern suburb of Joliet, which are residents of the Pilsen neighborhood.

According to a press release, workers -16 men and 7 women were employed by ANNA II Inc.. , A temporary employment agency located at 801 Golf Lane in the town of Bensenville, which supplied workers to various companies in the Chicago metropolitan area .

One of the detainees is Dominican; Others are of Mexican origin. All are being processed for deportation at the detention center ICE located in the suburb of Broadview, authorities said.

ICE Arrests were made during the morning at the plant of the company Rock Run Business Park Joliet, after three trucks collect workers in Pilsen and moved to that location.

It was reported that the ICE began investigating ANNA II in April 2006, after receiving "credible information" that the company had hired undocumented. The investigation found that employees were collected every day in vans that traveled some points Pilsen and moved to different companies.

ICE agents also conducted a search at the offices of ANNA II in Bensenville, and the investigation continues. © STNG

http://www.laraza.com/news.php?nid=48415
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Was this in the mainstream newspapers?! I did see this in La Raza this morning. Here's the translation.

STNG

(CHICAGO) - The Bureau of Immigration and Customs Protection (ICE) reported today on the arrest of 23 undocumented immigrants in the southwestern suburb of Joliet, which are residents of the Pilsen neighborhood.

According to a press release, workers -16 men and 7 women were employed by ANNA II Inc.. , A temporary employment agency located at 801 Golf Lane in the town of Bensenville, which supplied workers to various companies in the Chicago metropolitan area .

One of the detainees is Dominican; Others are of Mexican origin. All are being processed for deportation at the detention center ICE located in the suburb of Broadview, authorities said.

ICE Arrests were made during the morning at the plant of the company Rock Run Business Park Joliet, after three trucks collect workers in Pilsen and moved to that location.

It was reported that the ICE began investigating ANNA II in April 2006, after receiving "credible information" that the company had hired undocumented. The investigation found that employees were collected every day in vans that traveled some points Pilsen and moved to different companies.

ICE agents also conducted a search at the offices of ANNA II in Bensenville, and the investigation continues. © STNG

alert from msnbc

STNG

No! I didn't hear about it until this post this morning!
    Remember the Chicago (sanctuary city) press is soft on illegal aliens.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Quote Originally Posted by MadInChicago

STNG

Remember the Chicago (sanctuary city) press is soft on illegal aliens.
    Indeed they are and whenever and wherever they can avoid giving names or status they avoid it. There are illegal aliens of all race living scattered all over Illinois. Have either of you guys heard anything further about the lawsuit?
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

WhatMattersMost,

What matters most (no pun intended) is that we lose the effect, the effect that just may get others packing on their own. I heard somewhere that for every one illegal deported there are four others that leave on their own, in fear of getting deported themselves.

Which lawsuit?

Remember the Chicago (sanctuary city) press is soft on illegal aliens

why can't you start flooding the editorial section? I would ask why we have to read news from the media stream and not our local newspapers. Ask them why they aren't doing their job of reporting the news. All the news!

I live here and not one word in our newspaper.

Glad to see somebody is reporting it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MadInChicago
    WhatMattersMost,

What matters most (no pun intended) is that we lose the effect, the effect that just may get others packing on their own. I heard somewhere that for every one illegal deported there are four others that leave on their own, in fear of getting deported themselves.

Which lawsuit?
    ITA. What bothers me the most is that people in Chicago are angry but seem to go the other way everytime the illegals have marches. I work downtown and everytime they have had a march I have scheduled my lunch breaks to go out and shout them down as they march coveted by the CPD (overtime taxpayer funded) and unmarked cars who guard them with their lives.

There was only one occasion where 2 or 3 others shouted them down with me, everybody else was going along their merry way as if it didn't matter that these people were here illegally.

Which lawsuit?
    The lawsuit filed againt Illinois by DHS.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast